Future

Victory Ride
They just started this very thing. Other day I have a call tag for a busted tv and it required a signature. It was very confusing. Thankfully customer was home to sign. I wonder what the office would have me do if they weren't home and the package was outside.
Most likely ...because it was picked up on a damaged call tag .....same tracking number when u delivered it ....required a signature?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, you don't get signatures when picking up a package with a Call Tag. I have never heard of that, somebody was pulling your leg.

Had one the other day for a damaged TV---signature required call tag. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to sheet it.

Many years ago had a friend who worked for the cable company who placed a poker playing card in to the back of the cable box which allowed me to get all of the premium channels.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why in Hell would you need a signature to pick up a Call Tag? We leave them a receipt.
A lot of our damage call tags don't come up as call tags in the DIAD. They'll have the original tracking number and if it was signature required it will prompt you for a signature. You've gotta go into package info and change the package type to call tag. It'll show the C by the tracking then. Something like that it's been a while.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
On a damage Call Tag, you do change the package type to Call Tag, type "DAM" in the Remarks column, and leave with the Damage Clerk back at the Hub.

Future

Victory Ride
We sheet Damaged call tag as call, put Dam in remarks column as well.
Yes ...but the ORGINAL tracking number is used again for the pickup of a DAMAGED item .....IF THE orginal tracking number was sig required ...it will ask for a signature ...regardless if u r placing it as a Call tag

Future

Victory Ride
IMG_2966.GIF

john chesney

What does everybody do with Dish Network Call Tags?
Do you hit not found, refused on the first attempt, or other stuff?
Seriously? You do your job the way your paid to do it. If no one is home it's ni1 if it's not ready it's nr1.The next post I'll be seeing from you is what's my chances of getting my job back after being terminated for dishonesty.