Dog bites taking a bite out of profits

My dogs, greyhounds and later Italian greyhounds couldn't wait for our mailman Dave, he gave them treats. They'd see his truck, wait for him then run along the fence as he drove by. They loved him and he loved them, he got a kick out of it.

I have a homemade treat recipe in my book from an animal control course I took using cut up microwaved hotdogs that become dried out so you can carry them in a pouch. I have to find it or I'm sure Google has something similar.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My dogs, greyhounds and later Italian greyhounds couldn't wait for our mailman Dave, he gave them treats. They'd see his truck, wait for him then run along the fence as he drove by. They loved him and he loved them, he got a kick out of it.

I have a homemade treat recipe in my book from an animal control course I took using cut up microwaved hotdogs that become dried out so you can carry them in a pouch. I have to find it or I'm sure Google has something similar.
Great dogs. One time I was driving down this long road and two greyhounds blew right by my truck. I was doing around 30 mph, lol. They sure can run.

oldngray

nowhere special

My sister had a retired racing greyhound. Friendly and very quiet. Kind of stubborn though. And loved to run circles around the yard.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would think the DIAD to the nose could do some pretty good damage on most dogs.

Pitbull? Good luck lol
Maybe DIAD 1 but certainly not those little gay things the drivers carry now. I doubt you could hurt a butterfly with one of those toys.

pkgdriver

Maybe DIAD 1 but certainly not those little gay things the drivers carry now. I doubt you could hurt a butterfly with one of those toys.
DIAD 1 could inflect some serious damage but slow to use. DIAD5/6 less damage but more blows able to land.
One situation last year Fido is now missing one tooth with a DIAD 5. DIAD 1 I would have gotten bit. That being said I got a lot of Dog friends on the route.

11.19igrad

yeah im good parking once and working in a building with $55k. Just got a raise and with another one for peak and 7 day weeks for a few months (in a climate controlled building) ill make out pretty much the same as a 22.4.whatever less i make wasn't spent eating out a few times a day and ill trade having a bathroom for a few extra thousand bucks. stress kills. what good is $ if you're always half dead from stress? have fun out there!

11.19igrad

Made a delivery to a house that I knew had a dog. Typically they keep it inside. What I was not prepared for was the pit bull rushing up from behind me from the neighbor's house. First time I had even seen that dog.
It would not let me back off the porch at the house I was delivering to. Luckily the home owner was home and ran the pitty off his porch.
Dog attacks can happen in the blink of an eye. I love dogs but not so much the irresponsible owners. They must take responsibility for the safety of their pets and the safety of the public. Particularly, that delivery person that they invited onto their property when the order something.
blacklist people with dog problems. they get a notice they have to pick up their ****. once word gets around theres a delivery black list for dangerous / unsafe delivery environments people will shape up or go buy their smile* in person.

One day at a time

Summed it up 100%. Great to see somebody with actual knowledge on the breed. Iv been around them my whole life and have never had 1 issue.

As stated the game aka fighting pitbulls were chosen because they had absolutely 0 human agression.

The ban in Miami is all about how the dog looks, it could be an American bully which isn't even technically related to an American pitbull terrier but they are still banned.

Guard mastiffs aka cane corsos, and dogo Argentinos which most fake 80lb pitbulls are crossed with are much more prone to human agression.

I rarely ever see true American pitbull terriers any more. Most true apbt of them are way smaller and not as scary looking as all these mixes

I have a American bully/American Stafford mix who is very bulky and muscular but only ways 48lb. She has great temperament with humans but is dog agressive when I'm around. She plays great with other dogs at the doggy day care though.
It’s the owners not the dogs