Don't get fooled when contract gets reworked.

panther

They claim 22.4 will relieve the OT problem yet in my center they cut routes and claim to have extra drivers everyday and let them go home per seniorty. How about use the drivers we have and stop trying to manipulate the membership.

Rack em

Made the Podium
They claim 22.4 will relieve the OT problem yet in my center they cut routes and claim to have extra drivers everyday and let them go home per seniorty. How about use the drivers we have and stop trying to manipulate the membership.
We have drivers going out with 11+ hour days while we have 5-6 drivers laid off!

Joman

We know this is the issue causing the problem. But how can it be solved and not get it interpreted as the union telling the company how to run their business?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Yea this is what I figured. Honestly if they just bump pt to 14 or 15 with months of backpay piled up they can push anything else through. 1-2k checks for underpaid pters around christmas? yes please.
Yeah wont be 1k to 2k more like 200 bucks, last retro check I got being a driver working 60hrs in Christmas time was 800 bucks. But I would bet they would vote yes for 200 even less for half of them.

BigBrown87

Yea this is what I figured. Honestly if they just bump pt to 14 or 15 with months of backpay piled up they can push anything else through. 1-2k checks for underpaid pters around christmas? yes please.
This period of retro pay was from August 1st to middle of April, so I doubt part timers will ever see a 1k retro pay check in their lifetime.

moomoom

This period of retro pay was from August 1st to middle of April, so I doubt part timers will ever see a 1k retro pay check in their lifetime.

How do you figure? $3-4 per hour worked adds up fast. Maybe 2k was a little high of a guess after doing the math but 1k is more than reasonable.

BigBrown87

How do you figure? $3-4 per hour worked adds up fast. Maybe 2k was a little high of a guess after doing the math but 1k is more than reasonable.
You are talking about pt that are 1 to 2 years in, not guys that have been there 4 plus try like 400 bucks if it last till December. That is why we need to tell these young bucks to wait and their checks will be bigger and better if we send this crap contract back.

moomoom

You are talking about pt that are 1 to 2 years in, not guys that have been there 4 plus try like 400 bucks if it last till December. That is why we need to tell these young bucks to wait and their checks will be bigger and better if we send this crap contract back.

Majority pt in my building are 1-2 years in. You're right the longer we wait the more we will get but that backpay check is gonna be looking real juicy.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yep! UPS and our union are definitely pulling some trickery on us with this contract.

But this is what we get for letting them scheme in private. They have proven that they should not be allowed to negotiate in private. negotiations need to be made available to the membership to observe, otherwise we end up with crap like 22.4
Negotiations are not done in private.

It is a committee process.

It is not a perfect process but they have been negotiating since 1916.

IMO

Contract negotiations time is not the time to address the negotiations process unless putting it in a proposal through the proposal submission process.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Negotiations are not done in private.

It is a committee process.

It is not a perfect process but they have been negotiating since 1916.

IMO

Contract negotiations time is not the time to address the negotiations process unless putting it in a proposal through the proposal submission process.
I am fairly certain you know what point was being made. I'll patiently wait your, uh, your, uh, what was I saying?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am fairly certain you know what point was being made. I'll patiently wait your, uh, your, uh, what was I saying?
I have said all I need to about this point.

I don't approve of unproven allegations against the Teamsters Leadership on any level.

It doesn't do anything to strengthen the union and the needed solidarity and support Union leadership need to be effective.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Negotiations are not done in private. It is a committee process.

Absolutely.

I don't approve of unproven allegations against the Teamsters Leadership on any level.

It's all tinfoil hat, conspiracy theories.

The running joke amongst all elected Teamster officials is:

"Today you're a hero and tomorrow, you're a zero."

Sit as a Union representative on a State, Regional, or National Grievance Panel.

And.... being tasked with making a decision in a discharge case.

-Bug-

*BrownCafe has lost their mind, when @Integrity is making better, rational observations.*

No disrespect intended, as I haven't been his biggest fan.

But, things change....

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I have said all I need to about this point.

It doesn't do anything to strengthen the union and the needed solidarity and support Union leadership need to be effective.

So you are saying if you see a wrong or see a train wreak about to happen we should all be happy little campers and keep our remarks/concerns to ourselves and let the leadership think on our behalf. I agree we need solidarity and really most of us have major trust issues with all parties involved with this contract. I do..I admit it, so should I leave my brain at the door and follow everything that the international says as truth and not question their decision making. We pay their salaries, we have a say..I am pretty sure they can handle any negative thing said on B/C about this contract, in fact they expect it...If they are listening?

Integrity

Binge Poster
So you are saying if you see a wrong or see a train wreak about to happen we should all be happy little campers and keep our remarks/concerns to ourselves and let the leadership think on our behalf. I agree we need solidarity and really most of us have major trust issues with all parties involved with this contract. I do..I admit it, so should I leave my brain at the door and follow everything that the international says as truth and not question their decision making. We pay their salaries, we have a say..I am pretty sure they can handle any negative thing said on B/C about this contract, in fact they expect it...If they are listening?
No. I am not saying that.