Don't run and gun they said...

DriverNerd

Nice, took 4 weeks of vacation already, put me behind a little. If you max your 401k, watch out at the end of the year, you might get restricted on how much they’ll let you contribute.

It's not often we're allowed to go over 60 hours here...looks like a peak paycheck. If you hit your max contribution to your 401k in a year, then you are definitely doing it right. We have a driver who maxes out his 401k by March each year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's not often we're allowed to go over 60 hours here...looks like a peak paycheck. If you hit your max contribution to your 401k in a year, then you are definitely doing it right. We have a driver who maxes out his 401k by March each year.

BS. The maximum contribution limit for 2020 is $19,500 with an additional $6,500 "catch up" limit for those 50 or over so I call BS on your claim that you have a driver who "maxes out his 401k by March".

DriverNerd

BS. The maximum contribution limit for 2020 is $19,500 with an additional $6,500 "catch up" limit for those 50 or over so I call BS on your claim that you have a driver who "maxes out his 401k by March".

That's what he says. He pretty much lives without a paycheck for 3 months. He's only mid 40s and his wife makes more than he does.

Over70irregs

Call it what you will.
When I work past 9.5 hours I am compensated at $114 an hour total ($38x3) after my grievance.
I call that triple time.
Ok...Good... Encourage the meek and bewildered to file for their “triple time”. I remember guys working holidays and calling it “double-time” but you only got it for 8 hours... (Gosh we get PAID!!!)

35years

Gravy route
Ok...Good... Encourage the meek and bewildered to file for their “triple time”. I remember guys working holidays and calling it “double-time” but you only got it for 8 hours... (Gosh we get PAID!!!)
I didn't call the penalty triple time...
Only that I was compensated at triple time.... total.

And by the way you do get double time on holidays PLUS your holiday pay.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
In case you thought I was exaggerating, here’s a look at my week so far...
C1326AFB-F870-44D1-9148-7DEAD5ADEB78.jpeg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
he was a street rat. he never preloaded.
The only preloads that suck are the residential-only pens because it takes a disproportionately longer time to sort and load right than it is to deliver. Dispatcher sees good SPORH after the load position change and adds stops only to delay building leave time 15 minutes tomorrow, decreases stops some time later (can be months) and the vicious cycle continues.

Also see previous post about residentials ordering the craziest crap imaginable.