Don't run and gun they said...

Dear Diary

UPS PC Slave
Hehehe, you run and still work over-time??
The runners in my building come in at 1530 if they don't have to go help out.

I almost never work overtime and average 200 clicks under per day, WITHOUT running around like a fool.

It's a very rural route that goes into mountains, lot of long driveways and driving between stops. No one ever did 150 stops in 12 hours until I came in and smashed it in 9

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It's a very rural route that goes into mountains, lot of long driveways and driving between stops. No one ever did 150 stops in 12 hours until I came in and smashed it in 9

C28D9703-39F9-41E6-AA3A-A67161696A04.gif

35years

Gravy route
You do it in 9
You say no one does it in less than 12....
I take 12.5

How much more do I make for the same amount of work?

1/2 hour at time and a half.
Plus 3 hours at triple time once I file a 9.5 grievance.

At 38 per hour.... $370.50 per day.

$1852.5 more per week

$96, 000 more per year

By NOT running

35years

Gravy route
We have a semi rural route I considered 10 years ago.

100 stops was 9.5.

Runner won the bid.
He burned 100 in 8 daily.
He is at 140 now.
Good route ruined.

Scuderia

I never understood the rationale for exclusively crossing behind the pkg car. Generally speaking, either way is dangerous and requires alertness. My on-car trained me that crossing 25 ft in front is fine. I use both, my choice always depends on the situation, and either way I'm using my ears to detect traffic before I can see it.

I don’t understand the rationale of pulling in the mirror. Has UPS never heard of keeping your hands inside at all times? If you pull in the mirror to avoid cars hitting, means there’s a chance that a car will hit the mirror when you’re pulling/pushing the mirror and destroy your hand. :censored2: the mirror, I’ll keep my hand. And let’s not forget the old PCs with the mirrors way out front where you have to stick your whole arm out.

El Correcto

god is dead
Mon - 8.5
Tues - 8.75
Wed- 20.6
Thur - 9.37
Fri - 9.5
Sat - 6

Feels good getting my cardio done for the day and being back for dinner. 130-150 stops, 2-5 pickups a day rural route, 40 min drive to route, 40 min back to center. It's like Christmas but without the bulk and businesses.

Felt cute today, switched out my hikers and bought some running shoes. Bought a 6 pack of Monster energy on sale. Going to make management proud and smash their numbers tomorrow. Might call in on Tuesday, dunno.

tfw you get home early
tfw you're getting in better shape everyday
tfw jealous gazes from the nearby broken down RPCD
tfw management pats you on the back and lets you call in whenever

Post your 100m dash numbers below.
Why do you work six days a week?
I usually max my hours in 5 and get an 8 hour day on Friday.

AwashBwashCwash

Working Overtime Is More Taxing Than You Think

The payoff for overtime work appears to be a very good deal for the employee. But here’s some unpleasant news. Thanks to the rising burden of taxes, the bonus income actually received from working longer hours is much less than one might think. That is because every extra hour worked is taxed at the worker’s highest marginal tax rate. In some cases, overtime work may even push the worker into a higher tax bracket.

It turns out that even if the worker receives time and a half for overtime, a surprisingly large share of the bonus wages goes straight to the tax collector.

You can't be "pushed into a higher tax bracket."
That isn't how tax brackets work.
As your income increases it is taxed at the percentage designated for each bracket.

So for example say $0-$10,000 is taxed at 10% and $10,001-$20,000 is taxed at 12%.
Person A makes $8,000 a year.
Person B makes $15,000 a year.

Both Person A and B's first $10,000 is taxed at 10%.
Person B is only taxed at 12% for every dollar he made that is over $10,000, not at 12% for his entire income.