Doomsday Clock

overflowed

What's to understand? Just keeping a day by day score so that maybe you guys that keep screaming union will decide to actually do something. I've made it clear that if a union rep shows up I'll gladly sign a card. I don't believe we have a snowball's chance until a union is involved and I don't see them stepping up. You guys think you can make it happen but it looks like a bunch of talk from this viewpoint. People can talk about what they are doing, actually doing not contacting unions, without naming your location, but all I see is talk about contacting unions. I actually talked openly about joining a union back in 2009-2010. Told people what was involved with dues, the advantages of having representation, how badly we needed protection from management. Then the Republicans captured the House, the FAA bill was passed without the NLRA language, and the Teamsters disappeared. I've been here a lot longer than you, was excited about the possibilities when it seemed we had a chance, and now really don't give a damn. I'm at the age where I'm now having to help with my elderly mother and I'm taking 10 pills a day for my own health issues. So I have concerns other than a long shot effort to force FedEx into doing right by us. They have dumbed this job down from the kick ass job it was years ago and I suspect many of the newhires are fine with the pay for what is now required of them. Eventually those of us who remember the old days and are justifiably pissed about getting screwed out of good pay and decent pensions will all be gone. Even MFE will be 70 someday and not give a damn. So take potshots all you want, it's easy to attack the Republican who is more concerned about the country's direction than the company's. I don't care. By the way, gas prices are about to go up. The EPA is adding new taxes per gallon. That has a direct effect on FedEx and will make it that much harder to get raises out of them.
I wasn't talking about politics and you know that. No one mentioned republicans either. So, what are you talking about? Do we need to talk about childhoods? Harry picked on me when I was little? Gas? Come on bro.

bbsam

Staff member
Your turn will be coming soon enough.

perhaps you are aware of a massive campaign that is flooding the IBT or another union with cards? This isn't going to just happen, it's going to take alot of work. The kinetic energy is there, no doubt.

vantexan

I wasn't talking about politics and you know that. No one mentioned republicans either. So, what are you talking about? Do we need to talk about childhoods? Harry picked on me when I was little? Gas? Come on bro.

You asked if I was for or against and I pointed out that after the Repubs took the House the chances of getting a union went south as the legislation we needed to be able to organize on a station by station basis went away. And then so did the Teamsters so now there's almost a nil chance of getting a union in. This is the problem in a nutshell....you want what you want while not understanding the underlying machinations that keep you from getting what you want. It's like when R1a writes a full page explaining in detail why it's not going to happen and then stopsperhour answers with a few words that he thinks we can still do it. You guys want a union, by all means go get one. I was just trying, in detail, to explain that it no longer concerns me like it did because I'm close to the end of my run and have other concerns. That you don't get that, bro, typifies why trying to explain anything to you is like trying to talk to a brick wall. Yeah, I threw in a little politics at the end because you guys never stop reminding me that I'm a Republican so I can't help but point out your Dems screwed us over with the union and continue to screw us with their policies.

MAKAVELI

You asked if I was for or against and I pointed out that after the Repubs took the House the chances of getting a union went south as the legislation we needed to be able to organize on a station by station basis went away. And then so did the Teamsters so now there's almost a nil chance of getting a union in. This is the problem in a nutshell....you want what you want while not understanding the underlying machinations that keep you from getting what you want. It's like when R1a writes a full page explaining in detail why it's not going to happen and then stopsperhour answers with a few words that he thinks we can still do it. You guys want a union, by all means go get one. I was just trying, in detail, to explain that it no longer concerns me like it did because I'm close to the end of my run and have other concerns. That you don't get that, bro, typifies why trying to explain anything to you is like trying to talk to a brick wall. Yeah, I threw in a little politics at the end because you guys never stop reminding me that I'm a Republican so I can't help but point out your Dems screwed us over with the union and continue to screw us with their policies.
If it doesn't concern you, then why do you spend so much time on here posting about it? And why the long rants? I'm sure if you try you could get your point across without seeming like just another right wing nut with endless conspiracy theories and end of the world scenarios.

thedownhillEXPRESS

I'm sorry, not familiar with that thread. This is just an idea I had and am going to do it every day until I quit, get fired, or we get a union. Get used to it.

I beg of you to stop, I can't even read the one thread on the UPS forum anymore because one guy constantly states "its x time and TDU still sucks"

Stick to arguing your point instead of the one liner.

:wink:

bbsam

Staff member
If it doesn't concern you, then why do you spend so much time on here posting about it? And why the long rants? I'm sure if you try you could get your point across without seeming like just another right wing nut with endless conspiracy theories and end of the world scenarios.
R1a does the same and gets no heat for it. Van and I do. Why the double standard?

MAKAVELI

R1a does the same and gets no heat for it. Van and I do. Why the double standard?
For one, in my opinion, he is trying to help us organize by offering his experience, and knowledge on the subject. Where the two of you, again in my opinion , get your rocks off by trying to demean and discourage anyone from attempting this effort. What the two of you post is by no means the same , and definitely not the same intent as R1a. So no double standard there buddy.

vantexan

For one, in my opinion, he is trying to help us organize by offering his experience, and knowledge on the subject. Where the two of you, again in my opinion , get your rocks off by trying to demean and discourage anyone from attempting this effort. What the two of you post is by no means the same , and definitely not the same intent as R1a. So no double standard there buddy.

I really don't know how many times I can say if you want a union then go for it. But I'm assuming there are others reading the board who would like more info who may not post here much, if ever. They should be aware of what they are up against in getting a union into Express. You seem to want to control the message here, have everyone on the same page believing the same thing. And attack those who don't fall into line. Who is demeaning who?

IsItME

0741 on 3/28/2013 and still no union at FedEx Express.
I was told not to rip any individuals directly on here so I won't. However, have you ever read a stupid remark on here and thought, damn that guy is an idiot? Or that was a short post but it really exposed what a dope that guy must be? Or, damn this fool thinks he has a good angle to rip another but he just sounds like a bumbling idiot over and over and over again? Some fail to realize that this is a forum for talking. People can formulate plans and ideas here and talk about what they want to do. Getting a union into the company is no simple task. None of this really applies to me but in a company that wages war on it's employees, pays them to leave, has an overworked legal team, reduced benefits and people willing to sabotage the company out of revenge, it's clear this is a relevant discussion and more complicated and challenging things have been done in business. It's so easy to make idiotic statements but even those who like to sound smart have no idea how big corporations are run. Fred S doesn't run this place, neither does MT3 or any other corporate goon. The legal team runs the company.

It's very possible a union never emerges. There's also a chance it might. Make no mistake, it will happen because people will become engaged and motivated and it will start with those that care talking about it. The planet is desperately overpopulated and many are super dumb.

vantexan

I was told not to rip any individuals directly on here so I won't. However, have you ever read a stupid remark on here and thought, damn that guy is an idiot? Or that was a short post but it really exposed what a dope that guy must be? Or, damn this fool thinks he has a good angle to rip another but he just sounds like a bumbling idiot over and over and over again? Some fail to realize that this is a forum for talking. People can formulate plans and ideas here and talk about what they want to do. Getting a union into the company is no simple task. None of this really applies to me but in a company that wages war on it's employees, pays them to leave, has an overworked legal team, reduced benefits and people willing to sabotage the company out of revenge, it's clear this is a relevant discussion and more complicated and challenging things have been done in business. It's so easy to make idiotic statements but even those who like to sound smart have no idea how big corporations are run. Fred S doesn't run this place, neither does MT3 or any other corporate goon. The legal team runs the company.

It's very possible a union never emerges. There's also a chance it might. Make no mistake, it will happen because people will become engaged and motivated and it will start with those that care talking about it. The planet is desperately overpopulated and many are super dumb.

Aren't you the one who had a high paying job at FedEx but took the buyout?

All you are doing is demonstrating what several others do on a regular basis, trying to shut down anyone you don't agree with. You guys don't believe in free speech, unless it jibes with what you think. Go ahead, get a union in. And while you are wasting time talking big I'm going to keep goading you on. A union won't come in by being discussed about ad nauseum by a bunch of big talkers. There's been plenty of talk. Let's see you put a plan into action.

IsItME

Aren't you the one who had a high paying job at FedEx but took the buyout?

All you are doing is demonstrating what several others do on a regular basis, trying to shut down anyone you don't agree with. You guys don't believe in free speech, unless it jibes with what you think. Go ahead, get a union in. And while you are wasting time talking big I'm going to keep goading you on. A union won't come in by being discussed about ad nauseum by a bunch of big talkers. There's been plenty of talk. Let's see you put a plan into action.
Big pay is a relative term. This post was sarcastic and childish. I'm not talking big and I'm not going to lead a union charge. I've been planning an exit for a very long time and the buyout talk in August was a big win. The company needs as many conformists as possible so keep up the good work. I'd like to see a union because the people need one and it couldn't happen to a finer company. Otherwise, the entire workforce within FedEx will look completely different and that's wrong.