DQ on day 2 for van across street backing into my truck on a turn.

11.19igrad

I feel for you. It is a stupid policy to blame us when the other driver is clearly at fault.

I have been told many times that UPS judges avoidability not fault.

Their intention is to make us more aware of every possibility, which is fine until it costs you your job.

The same thing happened to me 26 yrs ago and it did make me more aware of the cars parked around me.

It didn’t cost me my job and I haven’t had as much as a scratch on my pkg car since, so it doesn’t mean you will be an unsafe driver.

I hope they give you another chance.
appreciate that

11.19igrad

It does....

Until someone backs in to you, during your qualification period.

An (honest) lawyer can't do anything for you.

Since they made it specifically about the "accident" they didn't feel a need to call the cops about but fully blame me, I think it puts this situation in a curious legal space because they didn't allow the law to handle the situation properly but they want to use the incident to take away my position. I don't think it's hard to see some questions to an attorney are reasonable, should it go that far.

At least you're not off the street.

Here is your best chance;

File a grievance protesting the disqualification and ask for the safety manager

(not the safety committee) to review the situation.

Do that.... and you have no chance.

-Bug-

11.19igrad

Since they made it specifically about the "accident" they didn't feel a need to call the cops about but fully blame me, I think it puts this situation in a curious legal space because they didn't allow the law to handle the situation properly but they want to use the incident to take away my position. I don't think it's hard to see some questions to an attorney are reasonable, should it go that far.

11.19igrad

I was trained at Massman and the guy teaching the class was the safety manager for our district for a while. Or maybe he still is. Back then he was actually based in your building. If not then he/she is at Whites Creek. You should be able to get a quick answer. But I got to tell you if it’s the same guy he will probably not reverse that decision without a fight. If at all. You need to file a grievance if asking for another qualification period fails. That is the best advice anyone can give you. Don’t listen to all the negative Nancy’s on here. Your situation is not nearly as hopeless as they make it seem.

LOL! A driver in my building did exactly that but only after letting the normal process play out. Apparently it worked. I remember our center manager was probably more frustrated than I’ve ever seen him when he was informed of that strategy. LOL

Thanks man. I did file. And, as much as i talk big :censored2:, I would need to muster up the balls to tell them this myself... Id prefer an attorney do it for me.

11.19igrad

Update: so my sister totaled her car this morning and I'm relieved not to be driving with this on my mind...
Also, the lady who works in the office and handles uniforms, etc passed me as I was leaving preload and told me to study my 5's and 10's. That has to be a good sign...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, that sup was an aye whole... good luck, seems u will be re instated.

Off topic: No injuries at your sister's accident? Having a vehicle totalled is too vague

Zowert

I always block residential streets (where parking is very limited) and make sure there is absolutely no way for people to try and squeeze around me. With cars on both sides of me there’s no way for for some idiot to back into me. However, never under estimate the power of stupid. You can be doing everything right and still get hit.

KoennenTiger

I always block residential streets (where parking is very limited) and make sure there is absolutely no way for people to try and squeeze around me. With cars on both sides of me there’s no way for for some idiot to back into me. However, never under estimate the power of stupid. You can be doing everything right and still get hit.

It's :censored2: incredible to totally block someone in on purpose and on your walk back to the truck you see the maroon doing a fifty point back mounting the curb and going over grass to try to save ten seconds to get out anyway.

Or you see that they are backing anyway like a tard so you run to your truck and start honking seconds before they clip you. Like gd dang people just wait ten seconds.

Overpaid Union Thug

Update: so my sister totaled her car this morning and I'm relieved not to be driving with this on my mind...
Also, the lady who works in the office and handles uniforms, etc passed me as I was leaving preload and told me to study my 5's and 10's. That has to be a good sign...
Sounds like they plan on sending you back out with a supervisor. Anytime there’s an accident or injury you can expect that.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Asians have a rep of being bad drivers?

tenor.gif