Driver facing cameras in the cab

brett636

Easier to multi-quote than it is to reply to each individual post.

Yes, it’s easy to change the settings to have these cameras record. But your Center Manager cannot do this, Lytx has to do this, and you must be informed first if the cameras are to start recording.

At the moment, they do not record. We will find out what the Arbitrators ruling is, and what is negotiated in the upcoming contract.

So, if the cameras do record, I guess you should do it by the methods.
Lytx is just a phone call or email away. I’m sure at some point the software that runs the cameras will be integrated into UPS’s telematics software such that all audio and video evidence of driver “infractions” will be available to any supervisor or manager that wants it.

I am interested in seeing how the union is able to negotiate this issue. Personally I see it as a strike issue if necessary. It’s my understanding that the teamsters have taken this issue on at other companies with satisfactory success, and that was under less effective leadership. Now we get to see what Sean O’Brien is made of.

This is so much more than just doing our jobs “by the methods”. These cameras are nothing more than a harassment technology meant to send a message that all drivers are on the bubble of getting fired at anytime. Something as mundane as changing a climate control setting to adjusting the radio could be grounds for termination in the right setting.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Lytx is just a phone call or email away. I’m sure at some point the software that runs the cameras will be integrated into UPS’s telematics software such that all audio and video evidence of driver “infractions” will be available to any supervisor or manager that wants it.

I am interested in seeing how the union is able to negotiate this issue. Personally I see it as a strike issue if necessary. It’s my understanding that the teamsters have taken this issue on at other companies with satisfactory success, and that was under less effective leadership. Now we get to see what Sean O’Brien is made of.

This is so much more than just doing our jobs “by the methods”. These cameras are nothing more than a harassment technology meant to send a message that all drivers are on the bubble of getting fired at anytime. Something as mundane as changing a climate control setting to adjusting the radio could be grounds for termination in the right setting.
I had the thing ding at me all day to “check your seatbelt” a few days ago. My seatbelt was definitely on. Now UPS is going to get a notification that I was driving around all day without a seatbelt. If they’re going to have these things, at least make sure they are accurate. Same thing when I’m on the highway and I get a “speeding” notification because the stupid thing is reading the speed limit sign for the off-ramp.

Trucker Clock

I cannot disagree with anything you said.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I had the thing ding at me all day to “check your seatbelt” a few days ago. My seatbelt was definitely on. Now UPS is going to get a notification that I was driving around all day without a seatbelt. If they’re going to have these things, at least make sure they are accurate.
Especially in Cell Phone Yeet’s truck! Damn it!

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

The current contract says no camera in cab..

muthatrucka

You knew it was only a matter of time before camera's were installed. Why act surprised?

I have already seen some of the footage from them, some of your fellow drivers are doing some dumb stuff and I am not talking about rookie drivers either.

Go ahead and block the sensor...we need to get rid of a few drivers anyway. Make it easy for us

They should put cameras in all the offices as well so we can see our managers 4 hr lunches.

trickpony1

I had the thing ding at me all day to “check your seatbelt” a few days ago. My seatbelt was definitely on. Now UPS is going to get a notification that I was driving around all day without a seatbelt. If they’re going to have these things, at least make sure they are accurate. Same thing when I’m on the highway and I get a “speeding” notification because the stupid thing is reading the speed limit sign for the off-ramp.
Did you pull your truck into a safe parking spot and assure your belt was fastened?

Yellow signs with black lettering are precautionary, white signs with black lettering are mandatory.
Could someone explain this to the camera??

Common sense helping.