Driver of 20 years, how do I get out of the union?

Johney

I had just bought a house in 96 , had a 7 and a 4 yr old , money put aside and balls big enough to stay out as long as it took to be secure for my family ,, today @Johney I worry about this new breed not caring
I was right there with you Cove except the wife was pregnent with the third. My thinking is they'll get sucked into the lies that will be told to them. "Sure come to work we'll pay you top pay" Then when the dust settle's "sorry take $15 an hour and pay $100 a week for your benefits or bye bye".

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Surprisingly, we had several senior feeder drivers, as well as several newbies cross in '97. They were shunned by the other drivers the rest of their time there. One had his CB box rewired so that it burnt up when he plugged it into his tractor. 2 got fired, one for an accident and 1 for stealing time. Needless to say, they didn't get their jobs back. Hope saving that dues money was worth it to them.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I had just bought a house in 96 , had a 7 and a 4 yr old , money put aside and balls big enough to stay out as long as it took to be secure for my family ,, today @Johney I worry about this new breed not caring
My house was under construction that summer. I was concerned but I knew where my bread was buttered ultimately. The new ones will have to decide when the time comes. Hopefully they do the right thing.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
True, but that's not the world we live in. Wait....I don't work and I get money. Huh.

I'd say the main difference is some people think they are entitled to stuff they didn't earn. But if anyone was offered free stuff for life with no strings attached, there isn't a single person in their right mind who would turn that down.

542thruNthru

I didn’t reply all this . . These scum bags who withdraw, do they get a pension ? If so , go to hell
They get everything but a vote.

Biggest scumbags in the world. Small minded people that think the union doesn't do anything for them because they don't see them everyday in the building or hold their hand for every little small issue a grown up could handle on their own.

Or my favorite.... "They support the Democrats! I don't want my union dues going to the Democrats!!!!!!!!!"

Here it is again:

I posted this earlier this morning pretty much knowing the responses to my question would be exactly as they are:

• Rude
  • Condescending
  • Completely unhelpful
  • Juvenile
  • Nasty
  • And down right ignorant.
(with very VERY few exceptions).

This has made me believe more strongly that the Union is not at all for me, as I’m nothing like the people behind these replies. I place full responsibility on the Union for bringing out such incredible greed and entitlement.

(don’t forget who you’re actually working for)

✌️ ❤️ 😉,

Scab

Johney

Good we'll all be happy to help you 6 months from now when you post that you got fired for something stupid and didn't get any help from the union.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
@ProudDaddy41 , why do you want out of the Union , you get a helluva lot for your 75 bucks a month , I don't know how long you've been at UPS , but as a seasoned veteran here ,I can assure you this ,,, you can be the nicest guy , paid under. Everyone love you , you don't call in sick , the customers love you and send letters to UPS how wonderful you are , and you donate your time at the orphanage teaching special needs kids baseball ... but believe me ,when it's the flavor of the month and your names on the dart board , they come after you for anything that makes them look good for some division manager ,,, guess what ,, no Union , your gone

Yes yes

Goooooooood
@ProudDaddy41 , why do you want out of the Union , you get a helluva lot for your 75 bucks a month , I don't know how long you've been at UPS , but as a seasoned veteran here ,I can assure you this ,,, you can be the nicest guy , paid under. Everyone love you , you don't call in sick , the customers love you and send letters to UPS how wonderful you are , and you donate your time at the orphanage teaching special needs kids baseball ... but believe me ,when it's the flavor of the month and your names on the dart board , they come after you for anything that makes them look good for some division manager ,,, guess what ,, no Union , your gone
Do you know someone that has happened to?

Someone who worked as a driver for 20+ years, in the union paying their dues, does their job, has never in 23 years had the union represent them in any manor, and then suddenly when they withdrawal from the union they get fired?

UPS is that horrible of an employer that they’d metaphorically throw a dart and fire anybody for anything?