Driver Termination

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Diz, you do any Adobe Flash?

No. Most of the stuff you see me post is other peoples stuff that I have butchered, chopped, modified, and twisted to do what I want. :wink2:

Photoshop - I can stumble through it.
Fireworks - Just got it. Still trying to do basic animations.
Swish (Flash) - I've played with it a little bit for basic text animations.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No. Most of the stuff you see me post is other peoples stuff that I have butchered, chopped, modified, and twisted to do what I want. :wink2:

You just made me DIZZEE!!!

tiegirl

tiegirl
Sounds like after 20 years he has learned to play the game according to the rules they have set. I love it. Did they offer him a job in management? They should have.

Same center, 2-weeks before - a 20-year driver;

Was followed by management. For whatever reason, the division manager was also in the following vehicle. Driver stops for one of his deliveries, gets out of the PC.

center manager and DM see that driver left the bulkhead door open while he ran inside the building for the delivery, so they decide to confront the driver when he gets back to the PC. They walk up to the PC, and find the engine running. And the emergency brake not set. And the mirror out.

Driver comes walking back to the PC, and is confronted. The center manager yells that he left the engine running - the driver reaches in, turns off the key, takes the key out, & says "No, I didn't". Same thing with the bulkhead door, reaches in, closes it, says "No, I didn't". I swear I'm not making this up.

We thought maybe the guy was going senile.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Very glad UPS, stopped accepting cash. Some vendors at indoor swap meet's were very dishonest. They would hand you a stack of $20's for a $2000.00 COD and walk away. I would have to count the money in front of them and very frequently would be short by $20 or $40.

This has happened to me also, except they could do that but the box stays in my possession until I can confirm COD amount.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat

If you get hung up on anything in Photoshop, let me know! I have a little knowledge using it.:happy-very: I think I'm gonna try Flash again. Tried it many years ago and then just quit.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We had a guy get fired for adding 25 miles per day onto his odometer reading in order to inflate his planned day. He did this for weeks before he got caught.

sober, so was the driver doing this to make additional bonus, or was it a situation of them being harassed about production and this was the driver's "smart idea" to get some relief from being talked to every day?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
These drivers trying to run their routes off are finally being brought in line. Good.

We "average" drivers are always compared to these guys about production.

We had a runner known to do 200 stops per day get followed the other day.

All of the other drivers can not do more than 140-160 per day on that route.

He got caught putting his seat belt on as he was pulling away, leaving his bulkhead door open between stops, rolling stop signs, running, improperly caring boxes, not using his flashers, leaving the bulkhead door open when away from vehicle, etc etc etc

We have warned this guy that one day he would get caught.

He got fired.

Moral of the story.

Kissing ass only gives you bad breath.

good story, but it seems in some places this driver would be left alone for being able to do so much regardless of methods...good for your sups for doing the right thing!!! Attention runners, did you read this??? Its just not worth it on the safety or employment side of things!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Originally Posted by soberups
We had a guy get fired for adding 25 miles per day onto his odometer reading in order to inflate his planned day. He did this for weeks before he got caught.
sober, so was the driver doing this to make additional bonus, or was it a situation of them being harassed about production and this was the driver's "smart idea" to get some relief from being talked to every day?

Not that it really matters, but he was a bonus hog who wanted to get off at 5:00 every day.

From what I heard he did it once and found out it was good for about 45 minutes of bonus...so he kept on doing it occasionally. Then it became a daily thing. Once the company found out, they let him keep doing it for another week in order to give him enough rope to really hang himself with.

He wasnt just screwing the company over, he was screwing over the other drivers in his loop who were stuck carrying his weight while he clocked off early every night. No one was sad to see him go.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Clarification on the original post - not that it matters.

Driver didn't DR packages, he marked as "Not Found" on truck. The rocket scientist, however, decided he "couldn't find" multiple sets of full computer systems. As in multiples per day. Amazing

Originally Posted by soberups

Not that it really matters, but he was a bonus hog who wanted to get off at 5:00 every day.

From what I heard he did it once and found out it was good for about 45 minutes of bonus...so he kept on doing it occasionally. Then it became a daily thing. Once the company found out, they let him keep doing it for another week in order to give him enough rope to really hang himself with.

He wasnt just screwing the company over, he was screwing over the other drivers in his loop who were stuck carrying his weight while he clocked off early every night. No one was sad to see him go.
I have to wonder about people like this guy. Did he not know or understand that every time the truck was filled with fuel that the mileage was recorded? Geeeez, this guy belongs on the stupid criminal list.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
LP was taking pics of odometer here a couple of weeks ago. I figured bonus/planned day thing was the impetus.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Once saw a mechanic fired for smuggling out a quart of oil in his thermos. Amazing how stupid some people are.

A good quart of oil will run yah about $2.99-$3.99 depending on the brand....

I would think and I'm just guessing that a mechanic anywhere in the country would make about the same money per hour as I. So with that said I think I can put aside $2-$3 for a quart of 10w-30 out of my 60k I recieve each year!

Again, You Can't Fix Stupid!!!!!!!!:knockedout: