Dumbest accidents/mistakes you've made as a driver

BrownTexas

I have been parked outside of a 6 story building before. Came outside to an older gentleman in a suit looking at me with his red Mazda Miata in the middle of the way. He says ," I backed into you. (Points out nickel size brown dent above rear license plate) Do you all have coverage for this?" I really think he expected UPS to fix his car over his stupidity.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My first year driving I was covering a country route, walked in the next morning and my sup handed me a complaint that said:
Driver speeding in driveway scared a horse, the scared horse bumped into another horse, the other horse kicked the scared horse and broke it's leg so we had to put the scared horse down. How is UPS going to pay for this?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
My first year driving I was covering a country route, walked in the next morning and my sup handed me a complaint that said:
Driver speeding in driveway scared a horse, the scared horse bumped into another horse, the other horse kicked the scared horse and broke it's leg so we had to put the scared horse down. How is UPS going to pay for this?

Did you both laugh your butts off and then walk away?

undies

I tried to make a left turn between two light poles in a parking lot...didn't give myself enough clearance...driver side got smashed. Luckily the light pole was ok.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I always wait for the last minute to get my DOT physical and one year they handed me my new card and I went on my merry way. When I showed my on car the new card he told me I couldn't work that day because the clinic put the days date in the expired field. Make sure you check your new card or you could get an unplanned day off.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I once tried to get a P-600 thru a low-overhang drive-through at a bank. I made it part way in due to the position of a storm drain in the driveway, but once my front tire started coming up out of the low spot I got wedged in so tight that the fiberglass roof bent downwards. Fortunately there was an auto repair shop next door, so I was able to get out by letting most of the air out of the front tires to make the truck shorter, then mechanic re-inflated them for me with a portable air compressor.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
and discovering that the whole complete set (about 5 boxes) of that new Dell computer system you set in the back is gone-----been there -done that.
At least it keeps the back of the truck cooler in the summertime.

rod

Retired 22 years
At least it keeps the back of the truck cooler in the summertime.

Yes--but it would have heated up real quick if some honest citizen hadn't picked up all the boxes about a block away from the UPS building and returned them. I called the center as soon as I noticed (30 miles down the road at my first stop) but they already knew about it. I got a nice lecture out of that one but no claims were ever processed for lost boxes so apparently nothing else fell out ----it was a friggin miracle.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My truck broke down once and had to have a road call. The mechanic who was bringing me a new truck backed into my broken down truck with my replacement truck after leaving a tire print in someone's yard. Damaged them both pretty good.

S

selfcancelsignal

My truck broke down once and had to have a road call. The mechanic who was bringing me a new truck backed into my broken down truck with my replacement truck after leaving a tire print in someone's yard. Damaged them both pretty good.
Sounds like even more of a doosh than the mechanic at the center I work out of.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer

And you probably got charged for the accident because you should have fixed the truck yourself with the tool box they don't supply.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
When the Diad 3 and 4 were out, I sometimes left it on the back step of the truck after a delivery. That was scary, thank god it was heavy and flat.
Now with the 5, that would've rolled off into the street.

Backed up an inclining driveway and pulled down the guy's phone lines right off the house. He was working from home too so he said I was lucky not to take down the cable wires or there would have been hell to pay (his exact words). It was a needless back because it was only an envelope. Pissed me off for months.