End car and home ownership?

Nah
Or a group of wealthy elites who made their money off cars, oil, commercial farms/food, banking and construction want to scare you to buy more.
Nice theory. Except this isn't coming from them, it's coming from someone who wants to reduce the human population to < 500,000,000 and turn whoever's left into dependent slaves.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Housing shortage is due to NIMBYs and elitist zoning who block any multiple family households from being built. I’m not talking 30 story towers but even things like single story duplexes
Brings in the wrong element. Sorry, your application is denied!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm glad the resident radical communists have come here to openly defend trying to end private property ownership.

Oh and if you don't agree with them you're racist. SMH, brilliant.

Box Ox

Housing shortage is due to NIMBYs and elitist zoning who block any multiple family households from being built.

How long has the NIMBY and elitist zoning blocking multiple family family households from being built stuff been going on? Have we had a housing shortage the whole time?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You might not want to: but others don’t mind. Or are you pushing your views on other people?
Not pushing views on anyone, zoning takes care of that.

For some reason, Democrats think they can dictate where a person can live.

newolddude

How long has the NIMBY and elitist zoning blocking multiple family family households from being built stuff been going on? Have we had a housing shortage the whole time?
They’re the reason a 2 bed 1 1/2 bath 1200 square ft ranch house with a galley kitchen costs $1,300,000 in the Bay Area.

Nah
Housing shortage is due to NIMBYs and elitist zoning who block any multiple family households from being built. I’m not talking 30 story towers but even things like single story duplexes
It's also due to allowing the Chinese to buy houses on American soil. I mean, it's fine if they're going to move here and live in it. But when they're just buying it up to have it...that's a problem.