End car and home ownership?

Over70irregs

we have rent controls here, you cant jack it up more than 1% or whatever a year, and we have tenant courts which use plain language where you dont necessarily need a lawyer
We shall see how fractional ownership applies to rent control. Sure there is a loophole.

newolddude

It's also due to allowing the Chinese to buy houses on American soil. I mean, it's fine if they're going to move here and live in it. But when they're just buying it up to have it...that's a problem.
The homes China is buying are being occupied by their nationals getting college educations then heading back with our knowledge.

The foreign money being parked here is in condos in big cities. All that Chinese, Saudi, UAE, Russian etc money is in New York City, Nashville, Chicago high rises that are sold out but half occupied at best.

Nah
The homes China is buying are being occupied by their nationals getting college educations then heading back with our knowledge.

The foreign money being parked here is in condos in big cities. All that Chinese, Saudi, UAE, Russian etc money is in New York City, Nashville, Chicago high rises that are sold out but half occupied at best.
I swear I read a report a few years ago about Chinese investors buying up a significant amount of real estate in Florida and some other areas. I'll have to find it.

newolddude

I swear I read a report a few years ago about Chinese investors buying up a significant amount of real estate in Florida and some other areas. I'll have to find it.
Probably all those Miami towers and other coastal properties.

ef4ce594-b172-4330-a24d-bf934065b25b_0cf7951c.jpg

newolddude

Foreign investment isn't totally bad. All of you that claim China is going to wipe us out with EMP pulses and their giant navy (of :censored2:ty ships) need to calm down. Foreign investment in America means we are attractive place to put money.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Foreign investment isn't totally bad. All of you that claim China is going to wipe us out with EMP pulses and their giant navy (of :censored2:ty ships) need to calm down. Foreign investment in America means we are attractive place to put money.
That's right, get on your knees where you belong.

Over70irregs

“The share of U.S. government debt belonging to China has dropped below $1 trillion — the lowest level in 12 years. China has been a big buyer of U.S. debt.”