Express going "independent" ...and to current events

bacha29

Express would implode if that was done.
Fat Freddy has a mess on his hands right now . Therefore I think that you'll see him relinquish some of his control so that his kids and son in law can figure out what to do especially if peak is the disaster many believe it will be . If it turns out that way contractors will experience Fat Freddy's wrath in ways they never expected.

bbsam

Staff member
Fat Freddy has a mess on his hands right now . Therefore I think that you'll see him relinquish some of his control so that his kids and son in law can figure out what to do especially if peak is the disaster many believe it will be . If it turns out that way contractors will experience Fat Freddy's wrath in ways they never expected.
Why? The last 5 peaks have been disasters.

MAKAVELI

I don't even work . Retired @ 52 with a Teamster pension . The post was honest .
Honest bs. You and your friend are oblivious as to how things work at FedEx. @bacha29 is right. They will continue to operate as they do until forced to change. My guess is they would combine the opcos and try to operate as efficient as UPS.

bacha29

No wonder. FYI, Ground is purple and green and Express, purple and orange, unless the Ground truck has changed to Express colors.
This past summer X announced that all trucks regardless of the operation subsidiary will bear the orange and purple colored logo and is currently undergoing that transformation.

bbsam

Staff member
This past summer X announced that all trucks regardless of the operation subsidiary will bear the orange and purple colored logo and is currently undergoing that transformation.
And I doubt that is because the company just thinks orange is prettier.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
With all due respect friend this issue has been thoroughly argued over in the past. It would require extensive new legislation for it to happen which would take years if not decades to be drawn up and passed into law. If it was something that could have been done it most likely would have begun when X bought Roadway Package System from Roadway in 1997. Express will continue to operate in it's present form for the foreseeable future . Ground on the other hand will continue to be the big money maker while it's cheap wage, zero benefit, fast food joint wage structure will continue to undermine the wage and benefit base over at Express.
Thanks . I was around when RPS started up and the sale to FedX . My friend of 50 years was very serious about this. I don't know much about FedX , but he was very serious and concerned . The "foreseeable future" he was told was 2 years . The reason was exactly as you state , profit . I simply seen it as an opportunity for FedX to organize . My motive was the purest . I do wonder why the color change.. been seeing ground look like express on other trucks....oh well.