Express going "independent" ...and to current events

bacha29

Why? The last 5 peaks have been disasters.
Thanks . I was around when RPS started up and the sale to FedX . My friend of 50 years was very serious about this. I don't know much about FedX , but he was very serious and concerned . The "foreseeable future" he was told was 2 years . The reason was exactly as you state , profit . I simply seen it as an opportunity for FedX to organize . My motive was the purest . I do wonder why the color change.. been seeing ground look like express on other trucks....oh well.
Yours was an honest and sincere inquiry and we thank you. Understand that Express and Ground operate under different legislation which would require new legislation in order to pave the way toward consolidation unless Trump out of sheer spite issues an executive order allowing the process to begin.The move toward a unified color scheme is purely cosmetic in nature . In would appear that the primary focus is on what Bezos and Amazon is going to do in regard to his startup delivery operation and how successful he'll be. However given his plans to build a huge second corporate headquarters somewhere in the US combined with the upcoming announcement in the next 4-6 weeks regarding a possible entrance into the prescription drug business means that he'll be a busy boy in the days ahead.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Honest bs. You and your friend are oblivious as to how things work at FedEx. @bacha29 is right. They will continue to operate as they do until forced to change. My guess is they would combine the opcos and try to operate as efficient as UPS.
I certainly am. I doubt someone who contracts 15 ground trucks is oblivious to operations. But , I do know a little bit about organizing labor.

bbsam

Staff member
I tried to send one to @Indecisi0n but I got a message that his male box was full.

Ok. That's just stupid wrong. I'm going to post it though because of my stupid juvenile sense of humor but am going to delete it quickly.