Express going "independent" ...and to current events

bbsam

Staff member
I like that, in 150 or so posts you think you know me. Would you like my impressions of you?
I know that you struggle with either reading comprehension or with accepting when you're just plain wrong.

As for impressions of me, I don't care.

vantexan

You know what? If I had to guess Trump sees a lot of potential in Russia for his family business. He's probably leery of doing anything that might hurt his kids down the line financially. Just a theory, and obviously not the best for our country if correct. For all the berating I take for defending Trump on this forum I actually only care about his ideas that might actually help the country. But I don't like the undeserved smearing he takes. Before anyone blows up at that he does do things that deserves to be reported and criticized. But, as at the height of the supposed Russian collusion frenzy, much has been said that's ridiculously untrue, and it has affected the administration's ability to get anything done because legislators are worried about their own political vulnerability. It's why I wish Republicans had nominated an experienced and politically astute politician. Trump is a lightning rod who can't help himself.

bbsam

Staff member
You know what? If I had to guess Trump sees a lot of potential in Russia for his family business. He's probably leery of doing anything that might hurt his kids down the line financially. Just a theory, and obviously not the best for our country if correct. For all the berating I take for defending Trump on this forum I actually only care about his ideas that might actually help the country. But I don't like the undeserved smearing he takes. Before anyone blows up at that he does do things that deserves to be reported and criticized. But, as at the height of the supposed Russian collusion frenzy, much has been said that's ridiculously untrue, and it has affected the administration's ability to get anything done because legislators are worried about their own political vulnerability. It's why I wish Republicans had nominated an experienced and politically astute politician. Trump is a lightning rod who can't help himself.
Congress passed a law overwhelmingly. The president signed that law.The president won't enforce that law.

And you still think nothing is amiss?

vantexan

Congress passed a law overwhelmingly. The president signed that law.The president won't enforce that law.

And you still think nothing is amiss?
I didn't say nothing is amiss. I offered a theory as to why he might be stalling sanctions. I don't know nor does anyone else outside of him and maybe a select few. You seem to want to believe the President of the U.S.A. is getting bribed or has something terrible being held over him. Always the worst possible scenario. Whatever else he might be he amassed a fortune as an astute businessman. Everyone seemed to think so when he was running a reality show, but not after he grabbed the presidency away from the presumed winner. He does have business connections with the former Soviet Union, and since he won't be around forever I'm betting he doesn't want to do anything that might hurt his business in an area with huge growth potential. And it's just an observation. Gets frustrating when I point this stuff out that you and others turn it into a pro-Trump diatribe.

bbsam

Staff member
I didn't say nothing is amiss. I offered a theory as to why he might be stalling sanctions. I don't know nor does anyone else outside of him and maybe a select few. You seem to want to believe the President of the U.S.A. is getting bribed or has something terrible being held over him. Always the worst possible scenario. Whatever else he might be he amassed a fortune as an astute businessman. Everyone seemed to think so when he was running a reality show, but not after he grabbed the presidency away from the presumed winner. He does have business connections with the former Soviet Union, and since he won't be around forever I'm betting he doesn't want to do anything that might hurt his business in an area with huge growth potential. And it's just an observation. Gets frustrating when I point this stuff out that you and others turn it into a pro-Trump diatribe.
It isn't one single occurrence. It's a pattern of behavior that deserves to be fully investigated and not poo-pooed as simple Trump bashing.

vantexan

It isn't one single occurrence. It's a pattern of behavior that deserves to be fully investigated and not poo-pooed as simple Trump bashing.
If Congress thinks laws are being broken they'll investigate. They certainly have left no stone unturned with previous administrations. Tongue firmly in cheek.

vantexan

That's what Mueller is doing.
And apparently it's bearing fruit. The exec's at the Russian company that got the uranium deal deposited $100,000,000 into the Clinton Foundation, and Bill got $500,000 speaking in Moscow two weeks before deal was signed off on. And John Podesta's group didn't register as a foreign agent while negotiating this. With documents turned up supporting this. Was there Russian collusion? Appears so.

bbsam

Staff member
And apparently it's bearing fruit. The exec's at the Russian company that got the uranium deal deposited $100,000,000 into the Clinton Foundation, and Bill got $500,000 speaking in Moscow two weeks before deal was signed off on. And John Podesta's group didn't register as a foreign agent while negotiating this. With documents turned up supporting this. Was there Russian collusion? Appears so.
Ok. And your point? That Hilary and Bill were crooked? Ok.

Now. How does that have anything whatsoever to do with Trump?

vantexan

Ok. And your point? That Hilary and Bill were crooked? Ok.

Now. How does that have anything whatsoever to do with Trump?
If you are worried about government corruption, no matter the party, you'd care. If you're only worried about attacking the opposition party, you don't.