Express going "independent" ...and to current events

bbsam

Staff member
If you are worried about government corruption, no matter the party, you'd care. If you're only worried about attacking the opposition party, you don't.
Ok. Go get them. More concerned about the here and now but if it makes you feel better...wait. Why isn the DOJ doing their job then? Are you sure there is a "there there"?

It will be fine

I didn't say nothing is amiss. I offered a theory as to why he might be stalling sanctions. I don't know nor does anyone else outside of him and maybe a select few. You seem to want to believe the President of the U.S.A. is getting bribed or has something terrible being held over him. Always the worst possible scenario. Whatever else he might be he amassed a fortune as an astute businessman. Everyone seemed to think so when he was running a reality show, but not after he grabbed the presidency away from the presumed winner. He does have business connections with the former Soviet Union, and since he won't be around forever I'm betting he doesn't want to do anything that might hurt his business in an area with huge growth potential. And it's just an observation. Gets frustrating when I point this stuff out that you and others turn it into a pro-Trump diatribe.
So you theorize Trump is putting his personal business interests ahead of national security and still believe he's fit to hold that office?

vantexan

So you theorize Trump is putting his personal business interests ahead of national security and still believe he's fit to hold that office?
Every president brings some agenda to the table. What matters is what can be proven, whether it hurts the country or not. I just find this whole argument about national security disingenuous when I've seen so many Democrats/Liberals/Leftists rail against the country in the past. And be supportive of the Russians in the past. It's really only about whatever can bring the President down and prevent his agenda, or elements of it, from being implemented.

vantexan

Ok. Go get them. More concerned about the here and now but if it makes you feel better...wait. Why isn the DOJ doing their job then? Are you sure there is a "there there"?
I believe with the new info coming to light the DOJ is taking a look. Do you believe if someone did something illegal 5 years ago but proof just surfaced about it we just let them off the hook?

It will be fine

Every president brings some agenda to the table. What matters is what can be proven, whether it hurts the country or not. I just find this whole argument about national security disingenuous when I've seen so many Democrats/Liberals/Leftists rail against the country in the past. And be supportive of the Russians in the past. It's really only about whatever can bring the President down and prevent his agenda, or elements of it, from being implemented.
It's not Dems alone talking about national security, the entire congress voted overwhelmingly for sanctions against Russia for their election interference. Trump is not implementing them for what you believe is a personal business interest. That's a problem.

MAKAVELI

It's not Dems alone talking about national security, the entire congress voted overwhelmingly for sanctions against Russia for their election interference. Trump is not implementing them for what you believe is a personal business interest. That's a problem.
Cue the but Clinton response......

bbsam

Staff member
I believe with the new info coming to light the DOJ is taking a look. Do you believe if someone did something illegal 5 years ago but proof just surfaced about it we just let them off the hook?
No. Like I said. If there's a crime, go for it.

In this case, however, not only would Hillary have to sign off but how many others? I mean, you're looking at a huge conspiracy all on the same page for the purpose of enriching the Clintons? Seems a long shot.

However, that is completely separate from Trump who is president, under investigation, and acting guilty as hell.

bbsam

Staff member
Then new info seems like the FBI was onto a Russian spy and took action.

vantexan

No. Like I said. If there's a crime, go for it.

In this case, however, not only would Hillary have to sign off but how many others? I mean, you're looking at a huge conspiracy all on the same page for the purpose of enriching the Clintons? Seems a long shot.

However, that is completely separate from Trump who is president, under investigation, and acting guilty as hell.
Do you actually think parking $100,000,000 into the Clinton Foundation and giving Bill $500,000 before the deal was approved is a long shot? Really?

oldngray

nowhere special
Cheesed me back in the woods ...
The String Cheese Incident. .
Deliverance.gif

bbsam

Staff member
Do you actually think parking $100,000,000 into the Clinton Foundation and giving Bill $500,000 before the deal was approved is a long shot? Really?
I believe that is why investigations take place. But none of this is new, is it? So why sweating the investigation now?

Have the investigation. But there is no way it draws the attention that the Trump investigation gets. Know why? He won.

vantexan

I believe that is why investigations take place. But none of this is new, is it? So why sweating the investigation now?

Have the investigation. But there is no way it draws the attention that the Trump investigation gets. Know why? He won.
Are you really unaware just how many want to see Hillary brought to justice? It was a major factor in her losing.

floridays

And grand juries are made up of 18 to 23 people. Not 12. Reading is good for learning.
I guess you missed the point I was trying to relate it to your being a defendant in a criminal prosecution. Juries can also be comprised of 6 or the defendant can also demand a bench trial. Reading comprehension is tough for you at times, or you just choose to be intellectually dishonest. I do understand many on these forums can't or just don't choose to follow an argument.

fatboy33

Richard Spencer isn't a key figure in the Republican Party. He's an idiot that the Left has elevated to smear Republicans with. Now a key figure of the Democrat Party, Robert Byrd, was an actual leader in the KKK, a Democrat Senator, and a good friend and mentor to the Clintons. As far as Putin is concerned, the real collusion with Russians was the Clinton Foundation getting millions, and Bill getting $500,000 to speak in Moscow, about the same time the deal to give Russia control of 20% of our uranium supply was approved by the Obama Administration. With documents coming to light this last week that support that assertion. You cry foul about supposed racism, well that's what plays well in your party, always dredging that fear up to get the minority vote. You and your side are what is dividing this country with your identity politics and fear mongering.
This country will always be divided. Its history is based on it. Remember when the Black guy was voted into the office of President of the United States of America? Do you know how much that pissed off many bigoted poor whites? They know the kinds of road blocks this country has set up for minorities and still this Black became President? Some of those very same hateful people sit in their squalor shameful that someone like that, and quite frankly, any minorities with money, could rise and at the same time making them feel less better. I've spent some time in the south and the ideal of someone thinking their better than you is really a thing. Not "good for him" or "good for her" but they think they're better than us. I hate to break it to you but racism exists in America. You've lived in the south, so don't play as if you haven't cross paths with people who own bed sheets with two eye holes cut out. Alabama, Black guy was invited by his progressive white friend. The white friend had some family in the area. This was maybe 7 years ago. They sit in this little diner. No service. The white guy calls over a staff member. Staff asks if they see anyone in here that looks like him, pointing to the Black friend. They didn't understand. A old guy from a table says, "You remember when King and your people tried to cross the bridge? Well, we were the ones to push'em back to the other side. Yes, Alive and well in America. And here we go again with the KKK was a creation of the Democrat party. Did you know Jack Daniels whiskey was invented by a Black Slave? But that doesn't mean anything today does it? Or, Did you know Caitlyn Jenner was once a great male athlete?? Things change and what once was is no longer. Ask anyone today what party David Duke, Richard Spencer, ALt Right or anyone hate group are a part of and you will not hear Democrat.
As far as Russia, we will see. Mueller has been working hard to find the truth and whatever he finds I'll except.