Facebook

TUT

Our building has a trunk line. All outgoing calls give the same phone number on Caller ID. If they try and call it back, all they get is a ringing phone, no one at the other end. Maybe that is what they were calling.

Possibly, I'd call that a wrong number they should be calling the big 1800 national number, at least imo for customer support. My mom for example would not know any other number to call but the main one, these people act as if they no very little, no package, find # call.

Marne Vet

The driver is the face of the company, so fair or not, drivers get the most all the credit, and most all the blame.

I know, but it doesn't lesson how ignorant those people are for taking out their frustrations on the drivers. The old saying "don't shoot the messenger" still applies.

Marne Vet

I know, but it doesn't lesson how ignorant those people are for taking out their frustrations on the drivers. The old saying "don't shoot the messenger" still applies.

Glad someone caught this. I wonder how many people have had iPhones make them look dumber than a box of rocks. *lessen

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We have been dealing with the aftermath of a significant ice storm here and I have been getting a lot of practice "tossing" packages close to the front door.

Careful of those cameras that are popping up everywhere. I've only done a long toss once. Third day in a row after a big snowstorm and this one house still had a couple feet of snow if you could get over the large snow bank. It was a plastic bag of clothing and I was able to throw it from about 30 feet and land it perfectly on the front porch. With all the cameras now I would have just sheeted it a third time and RTS.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

oldngray

nowhere special
We have all tossed packages (although 20 feet is definitely more than normal) but we can usually tell if its something that is unlikely to break, like those Vickie's Secret bags.

Indecisi0n

Careful of those cameras that are popping up everywhere. I've only done a long toss once. Third day in a row after a big snowstorm and this one house still had a couple feet of snow if you could get over the large snow bank. It was a plastic bag of clothing and I was able to throw it from about 30 feet and land it perfectly on the front porch. With all the cameras now I would have just sheeted it a third time and RTS.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

I do that to houses that don't shovel. I walk up to the steps and if there is untouched ice/snow day or two after a storm your stuff gets thrown or slide to the door.

Marne Vet

We have all tossed packages (although 20 feet is definitely more than normal) but we can usually tell if its something that is unlikely to break, like those Vickie's Secret bags.

True, but the problem is that whoever sees it doesn't know that, or care if it's clothing. They see us toss something, and if they get it on camera they want to upload it immediately hoping it goes viral. They could care less about what it was, or why. They just want a viral video and they don't care at whose expense. I've had notes left for me that have literally said "Throw it over the back fence". Nope. I'd rather come back than risk being set up, or having someone else catch me dropping a box over a high fence. The public does not care about the note you saw, or whether or not it was a bean-bag that you dropped.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Speaking of which I haven't seen one of those white Victoria's Secret bags in months. Anyone else?

Marne Vet

Speaking of which I haven't seen one of those white Victoria's Secret bags in months. Anyone else?

I have, but in my area I never EVER wait anymore for a signature. I learned the hard way that a large Victoria's Secret bag, in the hood, equals a large nasty women. It's logistics.