failed road test

brownIEman

So failing on the road test is 120 if memory serves. If you got 60 for grinding, what were the other 60+ points for?

I failed a gal on a road test one time. She'd been inside for years and finally wanted to try air driving. She was heart broken and I felt bad for her. None of which altered the fact that every time she shifted she stared straight down at the gear shift and drifted way out of her Lane. Like into the left lane or the bike lane on the right. As bad as I felt for her, I would have felt a thousand times worse about the kid she might have run over had I passed her. The steward tried to give me grief about her failing, I refused to even discuss it with him, about the only time I pulled that.

Shift by ear, your eyes should be on the road, not the gear shift or the speedometer.

So failing on the road test is 120 if memory serves. If you got 60 for grinding, what were the other 60+ points for?

I failed a gal on a road test one time. She'd been inside for years and finally wanted to try air driving. She was heart broken and I felt bad for her. None of which altered the fact that every time she shifted she stared straight down at the gear shift and drifted way out of her Lane. Like into the left lane or the bike lane on the right. As bad as I felt for her, I would have felt a thousand times worse about the kid she might have run over had I passed her. The steward tried to give me grief about her failing, I refused to even discuss it with him, about the only time I pulled that.

Shift by ear, your eyes should be on the road, not the gear shift or the speedometer.
Go drive by ear on a 10 speed Freightliner. 5 gears before you get through an intersection. Good luck

barnyard

KTM rider
Go drive by ear on a 10 speed Freightliner. 5 gears before you get through an intersection. Good luck

That is what I did during my last annual safety ride. I did not get dinged for grinding the gears (because I did not), I got dinged for not using the clutch and for skipping gears.

P

pickup

No offense, but when I play guitar, I still look at the fretboard sometimes to see where my fingers are. And when I drive my tractor , I look at the tachometer and my speedometer when I need to. Do I really need to? Probably not as I have driven tractors with non functioning dashboard lights.

Did I need to , in regards to the tachometer, when I first started? You better believe I did.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you fail the road test now, isn't the wait for another chance six months now instead of a year?

Indecisi0n

She was probably ugly which is why you failed her and we will all back you up on your decision.

CoolStoryBro

They gave me a truck in which the speedometer didn't even work to test in. The needle wouldn't move above 20mph. Failed pre-trip on the tester's part in my opinion. The tester even tried to dodge the next appointment after me because his fat ass must have had better things to do (eat more candy probably). Do UPS driving schools have a truck that accurately displays the vehicle's speed or is that a long shot?

The drive test is kindergarten level stuff. Instead of blaming everything and everyone else you should study up. Figure out how to pass it.

Nothing will be good enough as you train for this job. Especially the training. There is little or no training. You are given an opportunity. Prove you can do it or move on.

F

Frankie's Friend

I missed a few gears in my road test but it was not enough to disqualify me.
Supe probably didnt even notice.

Did you have a DOT certificate if they took you off the lot?
They've had prospective drivers test drive a PC on public streets without getting them a medical exam...so they could avoid paying the exam fee.

What a joke.

UrFellowUpser

Supe probably didnt even notice.

Did you have a DOT certificate if they took you off the lot?
They've had prospective drivers test drive a PC on public streets without getting them a medical exam...so they could avoid paying the exam fee.

What a joke.
Nope he did notice it and after the road test he explained to me how i got docked for it in the scores, and by the way i failed my first road test by pulling out of the spot the package car was positioned at the hub and i side swiped another tuck by making a sharp right turn like a idiot. They just gave me another shot 4 months later though i was lucky.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

Nope he did notice it and after the road test he explained to me how i got docked for it in the scores, and by the way i failed my first road test by pulling out of the spot the package car was positioned at the hub and i side swiped another tuck by making a sharp right turn like a idiot. They just gave me another shot 4 months later though i was lucky.
Got your DOT card?