Fattening the Wad!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Ok where are the trucks? Are they going to rent 100,000 trucks and install telematics in them all? 22.4 paranoia is so overblown. UPS is way too cheap to buy an additional 100,000 trucks and add thousands of 22.4 jobs, we all know this. And NDA and internationals are the money makers so of course they needed more jets, they are expanding internationally every chance they can.
We have a 5 year friend job contract. I’m not saying it’s happening tomorrow. They have time.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It’s funny as hell that a bad “charm” bothers you so much. So you really believe UPS is going to hire 70 22.4s in your centers? What trucks are they going to drive? Remember they all also get the same pension and healthcare contributions as RPCDs. No way in hell UPS hires 25% anywhere.
So, you believe that the Company agreed to allow all package car drivers to be on the 9.5 list unless they opt-out?

....to increase service pensions benefits?

....to hourly rate increases that will take package car drivers over $40/hr by the end of the contract?

....but somehow the Company will fall short of implementing as many $20/hr-22.4 drivers as the contract provides for???

Are you telling us UPS is just signing on to this new language "willy nilly" with no concrete intentions of utilizing it to the fullest???.....dream on.

Last edited:

babboo25

Banned
So, you believe that the Company agreed to allow all package car drivers to be on the 9.5 list unless they opt-out?

....to increase service pensions benefits?

....to hourly rate increases that will take package car drivers over $40/hr by the end of the contract?

....but somehow the Company will fall short of implementing as many $20/hr-22.4 drivers as the contract provides for???

So in your mind UPS is just signing on to this new language "willy nilly" with no concrete intentions of utilizing it to the fullest???.....dream on.
Yes I do, same with safety, safety first unless it costs the company $. Wall Street is breathing down their necks, adding thousands of new trucks and jobs won’t make the investors happy. And top rate for 22.4 is still 30+ hr, 22.4s aren’t being paid slave wages.

babboo25

Banned
We have a 5 year friend job contract. I’m not saying it’s happening tomorrow. They have time.
Maybe if UPS goes to 7 day operation and they win a ton of new volume. However new jobs they create is a win for the pension fund for all retirees, if they topped out at 20hr then I’d be worried.

Ok you said it.
I look at it like this, UPS just bought 14 747’s. At 368 million a piece, that equals just over 5 billion. To think UPS couldn’t buy 100,000 new trucks for the same amount is just being naive and irresponsible. But I hope your right.

Ok where are the trucks? Are they going to rent 100,000 trucks and install telematics in them all? 22.4 paranoia is so overblown. UPS is way too cheap to buy an additional 100,000 trucks and add thousands of 22.4 jobs, we all know this. And NDA and internationals are the money makers so of course they needed more jets, they are expanding internationally every chance they can.

They could easily buy 100k trucks at will. But let's consider that there is only approximately 100k package drivers, they really only need 25k trucks if they were to buy one for every potential new 22.4. Let's put this into perspective; they will really only hire +/- 17k new 22.4's and may only need as little as 12k new trucks to cover all of them. They could not only easily get that many at the snap of the fingers, but get them without all that many people noticing. Scary.

bowhnterdon

If it is all about the Pension, they failed on mine. I talked to a trustee of our fund, even with the addition money, we will remain stagnant. The Retiree health care, is expected to continue to rise

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes I do, same with safety, safety first unless it costs the company $. Wall Street is breathing down their necks, adding thousands of new trucks and jobs won’t make the investors happy. And top rate for 22.4 is still 30+ hr, 22.4s aren’t being paid slave wages.
Wall Street loves this contract offer, siting a significant reduction in labor cost and predicting the stock price to approach $150 a share.

What part of the offer do you think they are referencing when making these projections???

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Maybe if UPS goes to 7 day operation and they win a ton of new volume. However new jobs they create is a win for the pension fund for all retirees, if they topped out at 20hr then I’d be worried.
They will have 25% of the workers (22.4's) making $20/hr to start, and only up to $25/hr until the 4 year mark, while package car drivers will be making up to $60/hr on OT, but you don't see the Company utilizing this option to the fullest???

I would be interested to know what you think the Company is pimping this contract so hard for, if not for the massive pereceived savings of the new 22.4 job classification???

Seriously, what's in it for them?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
They will have 25% of the workers (22.4's) making $20/hr to start, and only up to $25/hr until the 4 year mark, while package car drivers will be making up to $60/hr on OT, but you don't see the Company utilizing this option to the fullest???

I would be interested to know what you think the Company is pimping this contract so hard for, if not for the massive pereceived savings of the new 22.4 job classification???

Unfortunately , We will find out soon enough my friend.

babboo25

Banned

What’s in it for them, LABOR PEACE.

babboo25

Banned
Wall Street loves this contract offer, siting a significant reduction in labor cost and predicting the stock price to approach $150 a share.

What part of the offer do you think they are referencing when making these projections???
They could be referencing all the automation upgrades or 22.4s. Stock price won’t reach $150 without this agreement, obviously.

Vacation

You people really are crazy. The OT reduction is awesome. I understand some people need money. The good thing about everyone being in early is now the people who need more money can get a second job like the rest of the country or better yet have the wife get a second job. Anyone who has been with this company for a longtime knows two thing.

1) This job is hard. When you work less you feel better and get to see your kids.

2) The only thing the company likes more than making our lives miserable is to make managements and our customers lives even more miserable.

The reduction in OT will equal better customer service and more packages delivered on time. The company can’t have happy customers so they will come up with a new plan that make everyone equally miserable again.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You people really are crazy. The OT reduction is awesome. I understand some people need money. The good thing about everyone being in early is now the people who need more money can get a second job like the rest of the country or better yet have the wife get a second job. Anyone who has been with this company for a longtime knows two thing.

1) This job is hard. When you work less you feel better and get to see your kids.

2) The only thing the company likes more than making our lives miserable is to make managements and our customers lives even more miserable.

The reduction in OT will equal better customer service and more packages delivered on time. The company can’t have happy customers so they will come up with a new plan that make everyone equally miserable again.
4D52D410-FAEC-45CC-AC57-4196F7A92CAB.gif