FedEx Express Peak (on topic!!)

NC man

Station volume yesterday was as high as any peak day last yr.only gonna get worse.no way everything gets deld before 25th unless they shut it down from shippers which not gonna happen.

dezguy

Lots of late dispatches and we're just a week into peak. Many routes coming back with 40-60 dex 01s.

No one cares, they're just going out with whatever goes on the truck and taking shipments for a ride. There is definitely a change in attitude from previous years. A lot of people see we've been set up for failure so they're not killing themselves to get this work done.

AB831

Lots of late dispatches and we're just a week into peak. Many routes coming back with 40-60 dex 01s.

No one cares, they're just going out with whatever goes on the truck and taking shipments for a ride. There is definitely a change in attitude from previous years. A lot of people see we've been set up for failure so they're not killing themselves to get this work done.
Sounds like they need a Front Line message from Fat Freddy telling them to stay FedEx strong

!Retired!

~180 on Monday, ~110 Tuesday, ~150 yesterday
In almost 21 years. I've only brought back unattempted freight once....and that was only because they pulled me off the road so they can have my truck for the PM. My manager was livid.

HedleyLamarr

I had 150 Tuesday and 140 yesterday. This route has some pups which is why it's a 4x10 route. Normally, I have around 100 deliveries. On Tuesday, I didn't get home until 9.
There were quite a few routes yesterday that had 200+, and they had to drop a few of their neighborhoods. I know of 1 route that had 350 stops yesterday.
They are begging non DOT drivers to work this coming Sunday now. That will mean 25 straight days with no day off.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I had 150 Tuesday and 140 yesterday. This route has some pups which is why it's a 4x10 route. Normally, I have around 100 deliveries. On Tuesday, I didn't get home until 9.
There were quite a few routes yesterday that had 200+, and they had to drop a few of their neighborhoods. I know of 1 route that had 350 stops yesterday.
They are begging non DOT drivers to work this coming Sunday now. That will mean 25 straight days with no day off.
We were told, no begging, that we‘ll be working every Saturday and Sunday through Christmas. I don’t know yet if DOT drivers are included in that or not. If so, I see some sick days coming in my near future. We were forced to work 11 straight days before and I was dying by Christmas. No way can I do 25. I’ll never make it.

AB831

We were told, no begging, that we‘ll be working every Saturday and Sunday through Christmas. I don’t know yet if DOT drivers are included in that or not. If so, I see some sick days coming in my near future. We were forced to work 11 straight days before and I was dying by Christmas. No way can I do 25. I’ll never make it.
I would take at least two sick days and feel zero remorse for it. You’re a FedEx courier, not a Navy SEAL, and it makes me sick how the higher ups see no distinction

MAKAVELI

If you are DOT you are limited to 70 hours and have to have a 34 hour reset. No Mon- Sun for DOT.

dezguy

That'll be the day they say I'm working 7 days a week. It'd be a good laugh.

bacha29

Management level problem that requires a management level solution. And it all begins with overselling the service every damn year.

dezguy

Sounds like they need a Front Line message from Fat Freddy telling them to stay FedEx strong
We've already had a video with his kid, telling us this is our Stanley Cup finals. No it's not. This is your Stanley Cup finals. I'm just here to work my 8 hours and get out.

AB831

We've already had a video with his kid, telling us this is our Stanley Cup finals. No it's not. This is your Stanley Cup finals. I'm just here to work my 8 hours and get out.
Oh the guy who looks like Biff from Back to the Future?? Oh yeah, those videos are just pure propaganda

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Do you guys have a government organization like our DOT that makes up rules for truck drivers?