FedEx Express Peak (on topic!!)

It will be fine

If you are DOT you are limited to 70 hours and have to have a 34 hour reset. No Mon- Sun for DOT.
You don’t need a reset. You can run 70 hours in a rolling 8 day period. If you stay under 8.75 hrs/day you can run 7 days a week indefinitely. The reset is just that, it resets your available hours to 70 and restarts the rolling 8 day period.

Star B

White Lightening
We're doing well. Maybe a few DEX1s here and there, but no major rollover. Equipment is at a premium but the CSAs are being militant about conserving resources for the actual drivers with needs. Provided the weather holds up, our station may be able to survive this without any major last-mile meltdowns.

Memphis not included.

MAKAVELI

You don’t need a reset. You can run 70 hours in a rolling 8 day period. If you stay under 8.75 hrs/day you can run 7 days a week indefinitely. The reset is just that, it resets your available hours to 70 and restarts the rolling 8 day period.
This has been Express policy forever. If you are DOT you cannot work Mon-Sun with no reset.

MAKAVELI

Nobody's been under 8.75 hours a day this whole year. Lol

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We were told, no begging, that we‘ll be working every Saturday and Sunday through Christmas. I don’t know yet if DOT drivers are included in that or not. If so, I see some sick days coming in my near future. We were forced to work 11 straight days before and I was dying by Christmas. No way can I do 25. I’ll never make it.
Retire.

Tell ‘em next week is your last week.

Life’s too short for that BS. And no, they do not deserve two weeks notice.

It will be fine

They have no problem with us driving 7 days. Just require a reset if you are DOT. Non-dot they couldn't care less.
That’s a bad idea. There’s no way the driver won’t be fatigued driving 7 days in a row which turns into 13-14 days quickly. Weight of the vehicle doesn’t make any difference. Last peak I was getting tired just going to the building 7 days. This year I’m taking Sundays off.

AB831

An amalgamated disaster.

Might wanna’ call The National Guard.
Or Lowe’s to buy some tarps to cover up the freight all over the warehouse. Fat Freddy always over-promises service. Like a huckster selling snake oil, once he has your money, he doesn’t care what happens after that.

AB831

They have no problem with us driving 7 days. Just require a reset if you are DOT. Non-dot they couldn't care less.
Make no mistake. FredEx couldn’t care less about the DOT drivers either. Their only reason for showing them mercy is because of the legal liability of one of them crashing if they were in an HOS violation. Otherwise, they could fry too along with everyone else.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
  • No driver may be on duty for more than 70 hours over a period of 7 days. The 7-day period may be restarted after 34 continuous off-duty hours.
Seems Texas doesn't operate under IWBF rules.

It will be fine

• No driver may be on duty for more than 70 hours over a period of 7 days. The 7-day period may be restarted after 34 continuous off-duty hours.
Seems Texas doesn't operate under IWBF rules.
“May” reading is fundamental. I don’t know every state law but DOT regulations are clear.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Crazy that we were as busy as we were on Monday. I heard we had over 5.5 million pieces in the Express network that day. In 2019, we only had one day over 5.5 million. (Just what I was told from a very senior employee)
Scuttlebutt from the hub was that the matrix hit full capacity Sunday or Monday and some freight was diverted.

59 Dano

Station volume yesterday was as high as any peak day last yr.only gonna get worse.no way everything gets deld before 25th unless they shut it down from shippers which not gonna happen.
Current larger shippers are having their incremental freight limited. New shippers (and those who don't normally ship much) have low limits.

59 Dano

Make no mistake. FredEx couldn’t care less about the DOT drivers either. Their only reason for showing them mercy is because of the legal liability of one of them crashing if they were in an HOS violation. Otherwise, they could fry too along with everyone else.
Just a reminder that quitting and letting go are two different things.