FedEx Express Peak (on topic!!)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Scuttlebutt from the hub was that the matrix hit full capacity Sunday or Monday and some freight was diverted.
In other words they were short staffed due to lots of people quitting due to better jobs in town.
Current larger shippers are having their incremental freight limited. New shippers (and those who don't normally ship much) have low limits.
Limited to 35 million packages a day I'm sure. As long as Fred has their money, all is well (in the Memphis headquarters anyway.)

Last edited by a moderator:

abused.crr

I don’t miss the fedex mess at all! I just scheduled Christmas Eve off and New Year’s Eve off. It’s so nice to have a gig with very flexible time off. This will be my third Christmas away from fedex and like the past two, I’ll apologize to my son and wife for keeping a job for so long that didn’t let me spend time with them during the Christmas season. I work for my states DOT. If it snows I’ll have to go to work to plow, but as long as it doesn’t snow, I’ll be at home with my wife and pups, enjoying the evening.

AB831

I don’t miss the fedex mess at all! I just scheduled Christmas Eve off and New Year’s Eve off. It’s so nice to have a gig with very flexible time off. This will be my third Christmas away from fedex and like the past two, I’ll apologize to my son and wife for keeping a job for so long that didn’t let me spend time with them during the Christmas season. I work for my states DOT. If it snows I’ll have to go to work to plow, but as long as it doesn’t snow, I’ll be at home with my wife and pups, enjoying the evening.
Good for you, man. Once you’re off Fat Freddy’s farm, you truly gain an understanding of just how awful of a company it is to work for. The part that kills me is how much effort the company makes to brainwash people into thinking otherwise. “It is what it is”, “all jobs have BS”, “where else are you going to go and make what you make” are repeated over and over by management as if you should just accept having to work 25 days in a row during the happiest time of year for everyone else as part of what having a job entails. The grass truly is greener elsewhere.

FedexCares

I know exactly what you are speaking of. I still work at fedex but in the international importing side of the business and this will be my 2nd year away from being on road during the holidays.

I have vacation days scheduled for the entire week after Christmas, and this month for us is basically a normal month. Will be working from my nice comfortable home office while working my normal 5 day week with a sprinkle of OT here and there when I volunteer for it. I miss my old route at times, but during this time of the year I realize I made the right decision, especially with how hellish this years peak is going to be. Being a courier at fedex is truly a thankless job these days.

bacha29

AFSME or SEU represented shop?

falcon back

Yep, all you need is to have a wife and have her go out and buy some winning scratch off tickets and you'll be rich and not have to worry about peak. Right!
Retirement is sweet.
Once Al Gore helped invent the internet, we all knew the holidays were gonna be crazy. Some of us adapted, others acted surprised each year.

AB831

Boo hoo. If you didn't want a job that gets crazy during the holidays, you shouldn't have gotten a job in the shipping business. That is like hearing a CPA complain about working non stop during March and April.
Yeah......I didn’t like it, so I got another job. What’s your point?

dezguy

I know exactly what you are speaking of. I still work at fedex but in the international importing side of the business and this will be my 2nd year away from being on road during the holidays.

I have vacation days scheduled for the entire week after Christmas, and this month for us is basically a normal month. Will be working from my nice comfortable home office while working my normal 5 day week with a sprinkle of OT here and there when I volunteer for it. I miss my old route at times, but during this time of the year I realize I made the right decision, especially with how hellish this years peak is going to be. Being a courier at fedex is truly a thankless job these days.
GTS?

dezguy

Apparently, our main hub is so backlogged, they have cans loaded for ctv but can't actually get them over to outbound ctv.

Trailers are being filled out in the yard, with freight that didn't make it into cans.

We are only one week in....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Apparently, our main hub is so backlogged, they have cans loaded for ctv but can't actually get them over to outbound ctv.

Trailers are being filled out in the yard, with freight that didn't make it into cans.

Things are not boding well.

AB831

What is ctv?