FedEx Express vs. UPS - These numbers say it all!

packageguy

We all make choices in life. Find a position at UPS-- we are always hiring
I really feel bad for you guys. Fred should do the right thing. He has a cash
cow going on. I truely believe that one day we will find out that he
fudges his numbers or something alone those line.

bbsam

Staff member
We all make choices in life. Find a position at UPS-- we are always hiring
I really feel bad for you guys. Fred should do the right thing. He has a cash
cow going on. I truely believe that one day we will find out that he
fudges his numbers or something alone those line.

Odd that you should say such a thing. In fact watching what's happening in America with respect to labor/management relations, some would say Fred already is doing the "right thing" and that if the top UPS brass could get away with it, they would do it too. 2013 could be very interesting.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
In fact watching what's happening in America with respect to labor/management relations, some would say Fred already is doing the "right thing"

The right thing? Fred?

OK then be specific.

Enlighten us oh wise one. :smart:

bbsam

Staff member
The right thing? Fred?

OK then be specific.

Enlighten us oh wise one. :smart:
I shall do so. Pay attention. There is a race to the bottom as far as wages for labor go. Wal-mart, Fedex, you've heard it before. Probably said so before. So in the mind of the business community and the coporate mind-set, Fred is doing "the right thing." Didn't think I'd have to explain it...until I remembered who I was talking to. My bad.

Cactus

Didn't think I'd have to explain it...until I remembered who I was talking to. My bad.

You must be a real peach to work for.

You just weren't making yourself very clear and then shift the blame.

FedEx management mentality at its' finest. (rolled eyes.)

bbsam

Staff member
You must be a real peach to work for.

You just weren't making yourself very clear and then shift the blame.

FedEx management mentality at its' finest. (rolled eyes.)
If you pay attention to politics, the budget battles, Wisconsin, the deficit, and the economy, my first post was crystal clear. If you are in a cave trying to plan Fred S's demise via internet chat, it might seem a little tough to comprehend.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
BbSCAM what I don't understand is the fact that you seem to straddle both sides of the issue here. On many post's here you have stated that you would hold FedEx to your contract and that they can't break their contractual obligations but then you seem to state that a company can break contracts or eliminate them if it makes business since. So you enjoy the comfort of a contract to guarantee your income but you don't believe the employees should enjoy the same.

Do you not see what a hippocrate you are?

bbsam

Staff member
I am indeed a hypocrite, but that's for a more religous topic. When, however, have I stated that "a company can break contracts or eliminate them if it makes business sense." I don't believe I have ever said such a thing. In fact, i'm not even against Fedex unionizing. What I have said is that whining about Fedex isn't going to get a union into Fedex and perhaps a more effective tactic should be tried. That the deck is stacked against such an effort is not my doing nor is it necessarily my preference. It's simply how things are.

vantexan

For Express employees the options are either settle for what you are getting, or be willing to do extra like being a swing. FedEx is only willing to pay you more if you are willing to put in the hours they need covered. So I just took a split-shift in another state. And since I'll be working Monday-Friday instead of Tues-Sat I'll be volunteering pretty much every Saturday. And selling 2 weeks of vacation back. About the only way I can retire is to sacrifice my time now and work. What choice do I have? Don't want to be 64 schlepping pkgs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I am indeed a hypocrite, but that's for a more religous topic. When, however, have I stated that "a company can break contracts or eliminate them if it makes business sense." I don't believe I have ever said such a thing. In fact, i'm not even against Fedex unionizing. What I have said is that whining about Fedex isn't going to get a union into Fedex and perhaps a more effective tactic should be tried. That the deck is stacked against such an effort is not my doing nor is it necessarily my preference. It's simply how things are.

You call it "whining", and I call it "education". There are a lot of lurkers out there who monitor this site, but don't necessarily participate in the discussions. I honestly believe that more employees than you might think are getting "informed" on the issue(s) surrounding FedEx and their anti-union games. . Fred doesn't have many fans these days, and the Teamsters are going to find a very high level of interest if they ever get around to starting a national campaign.

Cactus

If you pay attention to politics, the budget battles, Wisconsin, the deficit, and the economy, my first post was crystal clear. If you are in a cave trying to plan Fred S's demise via internet chat, it might seem a little tough to comprehend.

If you pay attention to politics, the budget battles, Wisconsin, the deficit, and the economy, my post should be crystal clear......

Your day is coming to be thrown under the Memphis bus. What you think is rock solid is really a house of cards in disguise.

So when Fred & company decide they're not that into you, keep your chin up and don't forget that McDonald's is still hiring.

Mr Fedex

Banned
There are a lot of lurkers out there who monitor this site, but don't necessarily participate in the discussions.
And how do you know this?Again,stop posting your fake made up crap please.It clear you know absolutely nothing about what goes on at FedEx.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And how do you know this?Again,stop posting your fake made up crap please.It clear you know absolutely nothing about what goes on at FedEx.

That's right, I know "nothing". 25 + years at this company, and I'm on the phone with people from all over the country trying to get something going with the Teamsters. There are thousands of employee who have had just about enough, and are more than ready to take-it to the next level. I also have "friends" in higher levels of the company who fully agree that it's time to move in a different direction. Do you think that every manager buys into the FedEx crap? They play along because they have to, but there are many who want Smith out, and for FedEx to wake-up and smell the coffee.

Every one of your posts confirms what we already know about you, and that is that you are uninformed people whose sole purpose on this site is to discredit me or anyone else who won't swallow the company line. Good luck with that, OK?

bbsam

Staff member
You call it "whining", and I call it "education". There are a lot of lurkers out there who monitor this site, but don't necessarily participate in the discussions. I honestly believe that more employees than you might think are getting "informed" on the issue(s) surrounding FedEx and their anti-union games. . Fred doesn't have many fans these days, and the Teamsters are going to find a very high level of interest if they ever get around to starting a national campaign.

"...if they ever get around to starting a national campaign." I don't dout that at all. My point is and has always been that it's not coming. You have people waiting for the perfect conditions to make a move and it never happens. Like a rat trying to suck in air and the constrictor tightening it's grip. The time is now if it is ever.

LTFedExer

Every one of your posts confirms what we already know about you, and that is that you are uninformed people whose sole purpose on this site is to discredit me or anyone else who won't swallow the company line. Good luck with that, OK?
I don't read it as trying to discredit you. I read it as asking for proof. You're pretty good at posting stuff without proof. Also, people might actually listen if you stopped calling names just because they like things the way they are.