FedEx stock is crashing and burning. What do you think the future will be?

bbsam

Staff member
I was reading an article about the top 10 shareholders of FedEx. 6 of them are mutual fund companies. How long do you think they are going to put up with the poor performance before they start dumping the stock?

I hope not long. No posting on internet sites is going to get the point across. Massive votes of “no confidence” by investors will...probably...maybe not...

oldngray

nowhere special
I was reading an article about the top 10 shareholders of FedEx. 6 of them are mutual fund companies. How long do you think they are going to put up with the poor performance before they start dumping the stock?
Mutual funds are the giant gorillas owning a ton of stock in most blue chip companies. Very conservative strategies and will dump risky stocks in a heartbeat.

bbsam

Staff member
Mutual funds are the giant gorillas owning a ton of stock in most blue chip companies. Very conservative strategies and will dump risky stocks in a heartbeat.
Fedex News has been consistently bad for several quarters now. I’m surprised more haven’t dropped them especially with the same BS coming out of Memphis every three months.

It will be fine

I haven’t seen any analyst story that shows Amazon actually taking any customers from FedEx or UPS. They don’t offer the service and I don’t see why companies would switch to using their direct competition to complete their final mile. The concern seems unfounded.

I haven’t seen any analyst story that shows Amazon actually taking any customers from FedEx or UPS. They don’t offer the service and I don’t see why companies would switch to using their direct competition to complete their final mile. The concern seems unfounded.
Amazon can't handle it's own deliveries right now. When they stop using UPS and the post office, then I'll be worried.

bbsam

Staff member
I don’t think that matters. Fedex has been showing itself to be poorly run and there isn’t a lot to show it has turned any corner in that regard.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I agree 100% I know it's a huge account bit I really don't see the benefit of keeping them. They completely overload our system. We get out the door late. Late air is a huge problem and it also causes many other service failures.
You mean, without the Amazon Anchor sinking the ship, that Express (and Ground) will become leaner and more efficient, able to deliver on time. And isn't that what the customer pays for and expects?

Now if Express could just eliminate the TNT millstone.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You mean, without the Amazon Anchor sinking the ship, that Express (and Ground) will become leaner and more efficient, able to deliver on time. And isn't that what the customer pays for and expects?

Now if Express could just eliminate the TNT millstone.
ght now,

Dream on. Hey, whose idea was it to buy TNT anyway? It's impossible to be lean and efficient with the low-quality workforce at Express. A company is it's people, and right now, the average employee isn't very productive.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I do think that Amazon’s delivery model and treatment of drivers will go too far and be obliterated in the courts far more quickly that anything X experienced with Ground.

Why? Amazon has essentially copied the Ground business model. Bezos employs sub-contractors, who employ drivers, who are paid little, and the sub-contractor skims the cream off the top.

Maybe the courts will decide that Amazon drivers and subs are really "employees". Trump hates Bezos, and the courts right now could decide that Amazon is taking advantage, and that should have implications for Ground because of the duplicate structure.

Overall, I doubt that Republicans want to play with the Ground model now.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Wrong I'm just trying to get you out of your Mom's basement out of your sheltered little world and hopefully get you where you need to be in terms of human development.

That's awfully nice of you. It's not everyday that a guy who bought a delivery job will help out a guy like me.