FedEx stock is crashing and burning. What do you think the future will be?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Fedex News has been consistently bad for several quarters now. I’m surprised more haven’t dropped them especially with the same BS coming out of Memphis every three months.

It could very well be that what's considered "bad" here isn't considered "bad" to them. The context in which we see the news isn't the same context in which they see the news.

59 Dano

I haven’t seen any analyst story that shows Amazon actually taking any customers from FedEx or UPS. They don’t offer the service and I don’t see why companies would switch to using their direct competition to complete their final mile. The concern seems unfounded.

BINGO. Amazon delivers Amazon. FedEx Express doesn't deliver Amazon, and no matter how much more Amazon is delivered by Amazon, it has no effect on Express.

It's as if I stopped eating out and started growing my own food. I'm not competing with McDonald's, and it's not like it hurts McDonald's even more if I increase the amount of my own food that I grow and eat.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
BINGO. Amazon delivers Amazon. FedEx Express doesn't deliver Amazon, and no matter how much more Amazon is delivered by Amazon, it has no effect on Express.

It's as if I stopped eating out and started growing my own food. I'm not competing with McDonald's, and it's not like it hurts McDonald's even more if I increase the amount of my own food that I grow and eat.

True, but if Fred understated the revenue derived from Amazon (he did) and there are fewer packages out there to deliver at less lucrative rates, the profit potential is greatly reduced. That is a definite effect on Express.

If Amazon ever starts moving products besides Amazon, Fred will really have a problem.

So, all-knowing Dano. If Amazon revenues didn't really make any difference, and Express is well-run, why is it losing so much money and further cutting employee benefits?

Maybe you should take charge and help Fred out.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
ght now,

Dream on. Hey, whose idea was it to buy TNT anyway? It's impossible to be lean and efficient with the low-quality workforce at Express. A company is it's people, and right now, the average employee isn't very productive.
But I thought you left FedEx.....

bbsam

Staff member
Why? Amazon has essentially copied the Ground business model. Bezos employs sub-contractors, who employ drivers, who are paid little, and the sub-contractor skims the cream off the top.

Maybe the courts will decide that Amazon drivers and subs are really "employees". Trump hates Bezos, and the courts right now could decide that Amazon is taking advantage, and that should have implications for Ground because of the duplicate structure.

Overall, I doubt that Republicans want to play with the Ground model now.
Because I don’t think Amazon gets to start from square one. Their model based on ax’s has a lot of critical precedent set.

bbsam

Staff member
Why? Explain further why Amazon's model is so different from Ground?
Because they take the demands and the control to an even greater degree. Their expectations of work load.

much of that is the similar to Ground’s so that when it starts seeing court challenges, similar precedence has already been set.

bacha29

That's awfully nice of you. It's not everyday that a guy who bought a delivery job will help out a guy like me.
When will you ever come to realize that personal attacks will always be responded to with personal attacks in return? On the other hand if a person who is as self loathing as you are experiences a twisted form of relief from the practice I will continue to participate and hopefully others will as well......After all....we're all in this together.

bacha29

I doubt that you'll see much if anything happening on the restructuring front until the end of the fiscal year when Q 3 and Q 4 results are known . If as Graf claims, they will prove that the worst is behind for the company. Then a 150 stock price might be a bargain. In the meantime the stock will likely trade on the news whether it be good or bad.

Unfortunately for contractors when it comes to news of this nature they are always the last to know but always the most directly impacted.

59 Dano

So, all-knowing Dano. If Amazon revenues didn't really make any difference, and Express is well-run, why is it losing so much money and further cutting employee benefits?

Maybe you should take charge and help Fred out.

petitio principii

59 Dano

I did leave FedEx, but I have hundreds of friends and associates who still work there. From pilots, to managers, to 35 year RTDs and couriers.

Ah yes. HUNDREDS, in every position from top to bottom, and they serve as your proof of anything you can't substantiate.

59 Dano

When will you ever come to realize that personal attacks will always be responded to with personal attacks in return?

Probably never, though I don't see your posts as personal attacks. They're pretty lame.

On the other hand if a person who is as self loathing as you are experiences a twisted form of relief from the practice I will continue to participate and hopefully others will as well......After all....we're all in this together.

You're one of a kind.

vantexan

When will you ever come to realize that personal attacks will always be responded to with personal attacks in return? On the other hand if a person who is as self loathing as you are experiences a twisted form of relief from the practice I will continue to participate and hopefully others will as well......After all....we're all in this together.
We are? :speechless:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Who is WE, Kemosabe?