FedEx stock is crashing and burning. What do you think the future will be?

bacha29

Dano has always been here for one big reason: To discredit and criticize any and all who dare question the wisdom of FedEx and/or Fred S. R1a had him pegged as a shill/corporate bot even before I did.

It's well know that FDX employs people to monitor and deflect on social media sites, so why not BC too?
Remember he TEACHES the "Strategic Misrepresentation" course at the academy. Should we expect anything different?

Nike

When you don't really care about the customer or your employees either, your business will be doomed to failure. Sure it might make some money in the short term, but over time the chinks and cracks will grow and it will die. Amazon, Walmart, FedEx, they're all the same. It may take some time but eventually, their love of money/investors and general greed will do them in. Look what happened to Walmart when they tried to go to Germany. Eventually, for better or worse, the types of laws/policies we see in Europe will start to trickle into America. Like it or not in 2024 when President Trump is gone these types of laws I think will start to accelerate and make it more difficult for these super corporations to keep doing what they do. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with this just pointing out what I think is going to happen.

newgirl

I got half way through the transcript from the earnings call and I gave up. Everything was we didn't know or we didn't expect. We didn't know upgrading ground to 7 days would be so expensive. We didn't know that volume for cyber monday would be 37 million not 33 million. We didn't know it would take so long to integrate TNT. We didn't know Christmas was Dec 25th this year (OK made that one up.)

We used to be the ones with the ideas, not anymore. It's all reactionary.

The top is focused on ground, they keep building more ground hubs to make ground faster to keep up with Amazon but they really can't. Amazon has deep pockets and innovative people. Our folks couldn't see that a shorter peak window meant more packages moving in less time.

Future plans: Walgreens and Dollar General so that 90% of the US can be 10 minutes or less from a "Fedex" location for drop off and pickup. Focus on the package return segment, they see big dollars there. Retire planes, retire pilots and get TNT fully integrated.

Right now we still do Amazon international, they can't do it. Maybe they would like to take TNT off of our hands?

They didn't mention anything about China and our China debacle and if that has had any effect. Maybe Amazon would like to buy our Asia routes, too.

II think it will be status quo until the election in November.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We used to be the ones with the ideas, not anymore. It's all reactionary.
Many great ideas came from the frontline employees. Trouble is management stopped listening or blew them off. That alone had much more negative effect on the whole operation than the top brass will ever understand.