FedEx stock is crashing and burning. What do you think the future will be?

vantexan

We've had dozens of YUGE ANNOUNCEMENT TO COME posts on this board over the years. None of them ever came to fruition.
Not bragging, but I predicted FedEx would eventually have a major takeaway after implementing the new pay plan. And predicted it could be the portable pension plan. It's just the way they operate. And if they keep having financial trouble expect more 2% raises, if at all.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Actually, I’m expecting to see a 2% take-away next October (which will be retro-active to April). Good news is vision/dental premiums are expected to remain unchanged (x-rays, cleanings, fillings, extractions, crowns, implants etc. not included in plan. Davis Vision to be replaced by Sam’s Club Vision[Canadian Tire Vision in Canada])

Serf

Not bragging, but I predicted FedEx would eventually have a major takeaway after implementing the new pay plan. And predicted it could be the portable pension plan. It's just the way they operate. And if they keep having financial trouble expect more 2% raises, if at all.
Give credit where credit is due. You were right Van. And now going forward; retiring planes, hiring freezes, diverting Express Saver to ground. Buyouts. It only makes sense to make reasonable expectations every fiscal profit quarter. And understand Express is a smaller niche type service.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
“but my gee-pee-ayess said this was where Dollar General is spose ta be” :(

geez - getting grimmer by the minute, folks

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag

“FedEx is experiencing some of the highest volume days in the history of our company, and our networks are flexing as designed to accommodate the surge of packages. We worked all year to prepare, and we are proud of our team members around the globe who are rapidly working to get packages delivered with a focus on ensuring holiday deliveries are made as soon as possible.”

LoL, I think they over hired last year, so they didn't hire enough this peak... thank goodness I can clean up their mess in my area

bbsam

Staff member
We've had dozens of YUGE ANNOUNCEMENT TO COME posts on this board over the years. None of them ever came to fruition.
That’s not true. The announcement hasn’t come but the changes have been coming fast and furious.
Integration of Smartpost
7 day operations
Year long contracts rather than multi year ones
Moving to an outside vendor for scanners
Contractors responsible for dealing with First Advantage

That’s just on the Ground side. And that’s all in the past year. I don’t know where it’s heading, but it’s not heading toward “business as usual”.

Gone fishin

Give credit where credit is due. You were right Van. And now going forward; retiring planes, hiring freezes, diverting Express Saver to ground. Buyouts. It only makes sense to make reasonable expectations every fiscal profit quarter. And understand Express is a smaller niche type service.
Ground can’t handle the freight they have now. Why would we give them more freight. SMH

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That’s not true. The announcement hasn’t come but the changes have been coming fast and furious.
Integration of Smartpost
7 day operations
Year long contracts rather than multi year ones
Moving to an outside vendor for scanners
Contractors responsible for dealing with First Advantage

That’s just on the Ground side. And that’s all in the past year. I don’t know where it’s heading, but it’s not heading toward “business as usual”.

Dano has always been here for one big reason: To discredit and criticize any and all who dare question the wisdom of FedEx and/or Fred S. R1a had him pegged as a shill/corporate bot even before I did.

It's well know that FDX employs people to monitor and deflect on social media sites, so why not BC too?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Dano has always been here for one big reason: To discredit and criticize any and all who dare question the wisdom of FedEx and/or Fred S. R1a had him pegged as a shill/corporate bot even before I did.

You're ridiculous and I don't know that I'd be fluffing R1a after you and he lied out your rears about... you know.

It's well know that FDX employs people to monitor and deflect on social media sites, so why not BC too?

Oh, of course!