FedEx stock performance

yadig

A true democrat doesn't malign those who are less fortunate, or unable to help their misfortune.

You don't sound much like a democrat to me.
That’s sounds like the definition of a Democrat to me. Democrat’s wanna help the folks living in mamas basement playing video games with massive college debts. They also like the illegals aliens braking into the country and then showering them with benefits we’re paying for. The ones who get up early every morning and works his/her ass off has been forgotten!

McFeely

Huge Member
Gotta’ subscribe just to read the damn article.

FedEx Parks Planes as Weak Demand Prompts Cost-Cutting Steps​

• Courier’s cutbacks follow savings plan outlined in September
  • Spending shift toward services came faster than expected: CFO
FedEx aircraft sit on the tarmac at the FedEx Express hub at Memphis International Airport in Memphis, Tennessee. 

FedEx aircraft sit on the tarmac at the FedEx Express hub at Memphis International Airport in Memphis, Tennessee.
Photographer: Daniel Acker/Bloomberg
By
Thomas Black
November 8, 2022, 12:36 PM MSTUpdated onNovember 8, 2022, 1:36 PM MST

In this article​

FDX
FEDEX CORP
USD
-1.50-0.94%

FedEx Corp. has reduced the frequency of flights and parked some of its planes, following through on the courier’s plan to reduce costs in response to weak demand for package delivery.
The company has halted 23 domestic flights and about nine international ones, Chief Financial Officer Mike Lenz said Tuesday at the Baird 2022 Global Industrial Conference. FedEx has also reduced sorting points and consolidated loads at the Ground unit, he said.

The efforts are in line with those laid out in September, when FedEx said it would reduce costs by as much as $2.7 billion in its current fiscal year due to a variety of issues, including weakness in Asia and challenges in Europe. The company withdrew its forecast at the time.
The cutbacks are a response to a large shift of spending toward services rather than goods -- reversing a pandemic trend -- that has particularly hurt the business in Asia. While FedEx knew those spending habits would revert toward services, Lenz said the company didn’t expect it to happen so quickly.
“Unquestionably, the commencement and the speed and depth of that shift was beyond what we certainly had anticipated,” Lenz said. “That’s why we have been taking down trans-Pacific flights.”

Along with the reduced flight frequencies, Lenz said FedEx will temporarily park aircraft because it doesn’t need as much air capacity as anticipated. FedEx is also eliminating older, inefficient planes from its fleet. The company will completely retire its MD-10s by the end of this year and will then look at retiring MD-11s.

FedEx shares pared gains as Lenz spoke and briefly moved into negative territory. The stock was up less than 1% at 3:34 p.m. in New York.

Soft Demand​

In Europe, demand is soft because of the impacts of Russia’s war on Ukraine and the energy crunch.

Lenz said the peak holiday season will be “solid,” but more moderate than the last two years when the pandemic was driving people to spend more on goods than services.
On-time deliveries at the company’s Ground unit have improved in recent weeks and are now at 2019 levels, he said. Even as the company slashes expenses, maintaining pricing power will remain a priority, Lenz said.

bacha29

He’s a bitter liberal, enraged with envy, that a conservative was offered, and accepted, a handout.
Can you explain to me WHY someone calling themselves a "conservative" bashing and demonizing Democrat sponsored social programs would have the audacity to turn around and gladly accept and collect the comfort and benefits those very programs have offer? Try answering that one.
A true democrat doesn't malign those who are less fortunate, or unable to help their misfortune.

You don't sound much like a democrat to me.
A true Democrat stands in defense of the social programs that have helped those less fortunate including those criticized and demonized by so called "conservatives" who at the same time have and will continue to take full advantage of those programs.

So answer this question: Why would a "conservative" betray his own convictions by seeking out and utilizing those benefits?
And don't give me that pathetically weak answer: "I paid into it...I paid into it'! without first telling what that individual would have done if House and Senate "conservatives" had prevailed in their efforts to keep the bill from passing.

bacha29

FedEx Parks Planes as Weak Demand Prompts Cost-Cutting Steps​

• Courier’s cutbacks follow savings plan outlined in September
  • Spending shift toward services came faster than expected: CFO
FedEx aircraft sit on the tarmac at the FedEx Express hub at Memphis International Airport in Memphis, Tennessee. 

FedEx aircraft sit on the tarmac at the FedEx Express hub at Memphis International Airport in Memphis, Tennessee.
Photographer: Daniel Acker/Bloomberg
By
Thomas Black
November 8, 2022, 12:36 PM MSTUpdated onNovember 8, 2022, 1:36 PM MST

In this article​

FDX
FEDEX CORP
USD
-1.50-0.94%

FedEx Corp. has reduced the frequency of flights and parked some of its planes, following through on the courier’s plan to reduce costs in response to weak demand for package delivery.
The company has halted 23 domestic flights and about nine international ones, Chief Financial Officer Mike Lenz said Tuesday at the Baird 2022 Global Industrial Conference. FedEx has also reduced sorting points and consolidated loads at the Ground unit, he said.

The efforts are in line with those laid out in September, when FedEx said it would reduce costs by as much as $2.7 billion in its current fiscal year due to a variety of issues, including weakness in Asia and challenges in Europe. The company withdrew its forecast at the time.
The cutbacks are a response to a large shift of spending toward services rather than goods -- reversing a pandemic trend -- that has particularly hurt the business in Asia. While FedEx knew those spending habits would revert toward services, Lenz said the company didn’t expect it to happen so quickly.
“Unquestionably, the commencement and the speed and depth of that shift was beyond what we certainly had anticipated,” Lenz said. “That’s why we have been taking down trans-Pacific flights.”

Along with the reduced flight frequencies, Lenz said FedEx will temporarily park aircraft because it doesn’t need as much air capacity as anticipated. FedEx is also eliminating older, inefficient planes from its fleet. The company will completely retire its MD-10s by the end of this year and will then look at retiring MD-11s.

FedEx shares pared gains as Lenz spoke and briefly moved into negative territory. The stock was up less than 1% at 3:34 p.m. in New York.

Soft Demand​

In Europe, demand is soft because of the impacts of Russia’s war on Ukraine and the energy crunch.

Lenz said the peak holiday season will be “solid,” but more moderate than the last two years when the pandemic was driving people to spend more on goods than services.
On-time deliveries at the company’s Ground unit have improved in recent weeks and are now at 2019 levels, he said. Even as the company slashes expenses, maintaining pricing power will remain a priority, Lenz said.
Same old same old. Just dump the problem onto Ground. Ground has become the Mikey of the trucking business. Trouble now is that Mikey DOESN"T like it.
You guys have talked for a long time about the fact that air Express is a service that has simply become too expensive to operate. But Memphis was too stubborn to admit it. But now in an frantic act of sheer desperation they are throwing it over to Ground as fast as they can pitch it over to them.
I went out to the bargain store on Monday a bought gifts for the people at the station I was at. I bought a bunch of tarps and straps so they can cover up the air boxes when they start piling them up outside....It was the least I could do.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Same old same old. Just dump the problem onto Ground. Ground has become the Mikey of the trucking business. Trouble now is that Mikey DOESN"T like it.
You guys have talked for a long time about the fact that air Express is a service that has simply become too expensive to operate. But Memphis was too stubborn to admit it. But now in an frantic act of sheer desperation they are throwing it over to Ground as fast as they can pitch it over to them.
I went out to the bargain store on Monday a bought gifts for the people at the station I was at. I bought a bunch of tarps and straps so they can cover up the air boxes when they start piling them up outside....It was the least I could do.
You went to the bargain store..lol
The definition of an old scab feeding the remaining scabs.
The leech will continue to suck blood from the willing scabs as long as they keep bending over and the likes of you continuing to support it.
Organized labor, baby. Organized labor is the answer to the FedEX bulls:censored2:t.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Can you explain to me WHY someone calling themselves a "conservative" bashing and demonizing Democrat sponsored social programs would have the audacity to turn around and gladly accept and collect the comfort and benefits those very programs have offer? Try answering that one.

A true Democrat stands in defense of the social programs that have helped those less fortunate including those criticized and demonized by so called "conservatives" who at the same time have and will continue to take full advantage of those programs.

So answer this question: Why would a "conservative" betray his own convictions by seeking out and utilizing those benefits?
And don't give me that pathetically weak answer: "I paid into it...I paid into it'! without first telling what that individual would have done if House and Senate "conservatives" had prevailed in their efforts to keep the bill from passing.
Get over yourself. What helped @vantexan wasn’t a Democrat program. It was a charitable program paid for by charitable contributions from apolitical donors, probably as tax writeoffs. You know, from the evil rich, and even religious people.

bacha29

Get over yourself. What helped @vantexan wasn’t a Democrat program. It was a charitable program paid for by charitable contributions from apolitical donors, probably as tax writeoffs. You know, from the evil rich, and even religious people.
So he was too poor to go to go to Florida Cover and buy a low cost catastrophic insurance policy or go onto the ACA exchanges and get something similar but he was too rich to qualify for Medicaid.

BTW what was the name of that charity you claim to have covered the bill? If it exists then it should be public information if anyone is allowed to donate to it.

Either way the taxpayers had to materially participate in that the task of covering his bill.

What's plain to see now is that you ,him and perhaps couple of others are on here are CITO"S
That stands for.....Conservative In Talk Only.

Many working class American's are driving toward a head collision with the realities of ageing and many if not most will outlive their money leaving them to seek assistance from Democrat sponsored social program legislation. That's of course if you "conservatives" don't succeed in voting it out existence. And in doing so you're only hurting yourself.

bacha29

You went to the bargain store..lol
The definition of an old scab feeding the remaining scabs.
The leech will continue to suck blood from the willing scabs as long as they keep bending over and the likes of you continuing to support it.
Organized labor, baby. Organized labor is the answer to the FedEX bulls:censored2:t.
So tell me just exactly what material efforts you have personally made in an effort get get Fedex employees and contractor employed drivers into a union? I can tell you right now that you have done absolutely nothing.
Action speaks louder than words. Have you personally engaged any FDX employees inviting them to join? Have you stood at the gate and passed out union cards to FDX employees as they left?

In fact a couple of weeks ago I probably did more in that one confrontation with my state's AFL-CIO president than you've done EVER.
I bounced him about the fact that in my state it was easy to organize state, county, and municipal employees because the unions had the courts and their rulings on their side. Conversely, as I pointed out private sector employers have very numerous, very effective, and potentially costly to the union counter measures that don't exist in the public sector. When I brought that fact up to the state president and told him right to his face that the AFL-CIO has become too fat in those public sector dues and too chicken to take on the nation's major employers out of fear of those counter measures.....There was nothing else he could do but come out and admit the fact that this was the case.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So he was too poor to go to go to Florida Cover and buy a low cost catastrophic insurance policy or go onto the ACA exchanges and get something similar but he was too rich to qualify for Medicaid.

BTW what was the name of that charity you claim to have covered the bill? If it exists then it should be public information if anyone is allowed to donate to it.

Either way the taxpayers had to materially participate in that the task of covering his bill.

What's plain to see now is that you ,him and perhaps couple of others are on here are CITO"S

Many working class American's are driving toward a head collision with the realities of ageing and many if not most will outlive their money leaving them to seek assistance from Democrat sponsored social program legislation. That's of course if you "conservatives" don't succeed in voting it out existence. And in doing so you're only hurting yourself.
There are charitable trusts, foundations, and non-profit hospitals that assist patients who lack the means to pay for their needed care. Not taxpayer funded.

For someone who purports to have an inside handle on everything financial, you are woefully lacking in correct information.

McFeely

Huge Member
So tell me just exactly what material efforts you have personally made in an effort get get Fedex employees and contractor employed drivers into a union? I can tell you right now that you have done absolutely nothing.

I’m assuming with his screen name that he/she is already in a Union job at Brown. So I guess you’re right about them not trying to get FedEx into a union lolz.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

Nolimitz

6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
LMAO coming from you!

bacha29

There are charitable trusts, foundations, and non-profit hospitals that assist patients who lack the means to pay for their needed care. Not taxpayer funded.

For someone who purports to have an inside handle on everything financial, you are woefully lacking in correct information.
And they all run on TAX DEDUCTIBLE contributions in private family trusts and foundations . And if you think that so called "not for profit" hospitals are NOT profit motivated you've got another thing coming . They are just a profit motivated as any for profit medical entity. As I pointed out earlier a so called not for profit hospital network in my region was crying the blues because they only made $750 million last year. They just don't pay taxes such as RE/ property taxes on their multi multi million dollar physical plant. In addition to that hospitals are required to maintain a certain level of charity case cash and they do that by raising fee for service above what they would otherwise have to do and pass it onto insurers in the form of higher premiums.

In case you don't remember a small community hospital in this region was inundated by the employees and families of a gas driller from down your way who came into the region with his completely uninsured labor force and sucked up all of the limited charity case money that this little hospital had. So much so that it informed the state that without an emergency infusion of cash it would close it's doors.

BTW 17% of the entire population of your fine state is on medical assistance That's more than 5 million people Currently 60% paid by federal 40% by your state. If it had taken the expanded Medicaid deal that ratio would be 90-10.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Action speaks louder than words. Have you personally engaged any FDX employees inviting them to join? Have you stood at the gate and passed out union cards to FDX employees as they left?

In fact a couple of weeks ago I probably did more in that one confrontation with my state's AFL-CIO president than you've done EVER.
I bounced him about the fact that in my state it was easy to organize state, county, and municipal employees because the unions had the courts and their rulings on their side. Conversely, as I pointed out private sector employers have very numerous, very effective, and potentially costly to the union counter measures that don't exist in the public sector. When I brought that fact up to the state president and told him right to his face that the AFL-CIO has become too fat in those public sector dues and too chicken to take on the nation's major employers out of fear of those counter measures.....There was nothing else he could do but come out and admit the fact that this was the case.
Wellllllll...La De Frikin Da!
If you aren't some kind of big deal! I just never knew!

You're right. I have done absolutely nothing to organize FedEx. I've been to busy cashing pension checks for 13 years since I retired @ 52.