Feeder School

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Ain't nobody got time for that.... :biggrin:

Seriously, he must be a Feeder training supervisor.

2 things;

He properly demonstrated 3 points of contact. (that doesn't work in pkg)

He missed the air compressor under the hood. I got dinged on the CDL test for

not saying it was "belt or shaft" driven.

I failed my CDL pre trip the first time I took it. I knew what I was looking at and supposed to do, just didn’t use their terminology word for word like they wanted. (Not UPS, but the state exam)

It’s just like anything else. Learn to jump through the bs hoops.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!

i got docked for everything I said that wasn’t word for word in the state of Missouri CDL booklet. Even though I was essentially doing the same thing. The biggest kick in the nuts was the test giver (idk what to call them) told me I knew the stuff well, I just didn’t say it right. So that whole week I spent learning it all verbatim just like the 5’s and 10’s.

So I guess that’s my advice to the OP. Even though you know it, learn their way or they’ll ram it up your ass just because they can.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Stepping down from a pkg car (forward) is not using 3 points of contact.

Unless.... you are "spread Eagle" and not carrying a pkg.

Where is that in the "methods" ?
I'll use the horizontal rail with left hand, and the rail on the pillar with right hand, and pivot on bottom step while stepping down.

Edit: then pick up PKG(s) from the cab, that were set down using proper methods

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'll use the horizontal rail with left hand, and the rail on the pillar with right hand, and pivot on bottom step while stepping down.

Edit: then pick up PKG(s) from the cab, that were set down using proper methods

If you have more than 3 pkgs.... the "method" was using the rear door.

Has that changed ?

:biggrin:

Johney

Ain't nobody got time for that.... :biggrin:

Seriously, he must be a Feeder training supervisor.

2 things;

He properly demonstrated 3 points of contact. (that doesn't work in pkg)

He missed the air compressor under the hood. I got dinged on the CDL test for

not saying it was "belt or shaft" driven.

I failed my CDL pre trip the first time I took it. I knew what I was looking at and supposed to do, just didn’t use their terminology word for word like they wanted. (Not UPS, but the state exam)

I never even had to go under the hood for my CDL test. I got lucky I guess the tester(UPS Feeder manager they are state cert)printed out my random test(1 of 3).
Whole vehicle
Back of cab forward
Back of cab to end of trailer
I got back of cab through trailer.
Then all have to do inside the cab.

barnyard

KTM rider
I also had a state certified UPS tester. I had to do a complete pretrip, but anything that might have taken time, if I explained it and the purpose, he said to move on.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Unrelated but why do UPS feeder tractors not have air horns? It's always funny to hear ours come into the yard sounding like an 80s Toyota.
Good question. They never have had them. I guess they order them without. When we get rentals, they even sometimes disconnect them, sometimes not. The building I worked out of, the inbound doors were right across the ditch from a long row of houses. If you used the airhorns in the rentals, especially in the wee hours, you got talked to about disturbing the neighbors.

barnyard

KTM rider
My 1st rental this year, was a Volvo. The airhorn was connected to the regular horn. 1st time I used it to back, I scared myself. When you are not used to an airhorn, they get your attention.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I never even had to go under the hood for my CDL test. I got lucky I guess the tester(UPS Feeder manager they are state cert)printed out my random test(1 of 3).
Whole vehicle
Back of cab forward
Ya I was really shocked how little they tested on. Guy takes out an iPad and is given a random test, took like 2 minutes. So much over preparing for that lol.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Whole vehicle
Back of cab forward

we did complete pre trip and then once you got through the pre trip you go to the driving part. But part of the driving was you had to do a section of the vehicle (at random) and air brakes.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

In wisconsin you can use a 1 page cheat sheet
Pretty hard to fail.