brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Question is did the OP find the package before 3:30 but decided to make the delivery attempt late so as not to be forced to drive past the guard and make the time consuming delivery?

Faceplanted

No dishonesty would be me lying saying that I did go into the guard shack and they wouldn’t let me back. I didn’t go into the guard shack so it’s not following procedures. They asked me if I did go in trying to catch me telling them I did, but I told them why would I when I knew the receiver of the package told me to bring it the next day and she leaves at 3:30? They asked why did I drive all the way back? Told them you’ve wrote me up before not sheeting a package up on site. Why didn’t you call supervisor? I didn’t think it was needed bc you don’t ask us to call you when a business informs us of them not shipping out that day, so what’s the difference when I knew the lady wasn’t there?

They’re just trying to spin this into dishonesty just like every center in my region has been doing lately. Our BA has been going to panel after panel over the company’s loose interpretations of the dishonesty discharge.
Your sloppy

ALWAYS go back to the pick up in person at the scheduled time even if they say when you deliver they won't have anything going out

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
OP can’t write, I thought he meant the guard shack wouldn’t let him access the delivery point. Disregard.

Disregarded.

Driving to the customers premises without physically trying to deliver the package is not a delivery attempt and is a missed package, no matter what Skid Mark says.

Xanosuke2

Missing the whole point...the fact is I failed to follow methods. We can go on for days about what I could or should have done, the fact is did I know they have a second shift that could sign for packages? No. Could I have went to the guard and asked? Sure, but why would I when receiving lady told me bring it next day and she leaves at 3:30? I’ve been wrote up for sheeting off area before so I drove back. Like i said, this is all mainly laziness and failing to perform proper methods, not dishonesty.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You don't think what?

1. That the OP did not make a delivery attempt and had a missed package?

2. That by you not going upstairs to that business suite the package is not missed?

Help me out Skippy.
I would not sheet a business as missed until after 5. Closed if it is before 5 and they are gone. Residential would not be sheeted as missed unless I came back to the building and it was not delivered.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Missing the whole point...the fact is I failed to follow methods. We can go on for days about what I could or should have done, the fact is did I know they have a second shift that could sign for packages? No. Could I have went to the guard and asked? Sure, but why would I when receiving lady told me bring it next day and she leaves at 3:30? I’ve been wrote up for sheeting off area before so I drove back. Like i said, this is all mainly laziness and failing to perform proper methods, not dishonesty.

Not missing the point.

I believe you, but our definition of dishonesty and UPS's definition of dishonesty are two separate things.

UPS believes that you made it look like you made an attempt on the package by sheeting it as NI1 when in reality, you did not make an attempt.

This is dishonesty in UPS eyes.

I do believe that you have extenuating circumstances, and have a very good possibility of coming back. The lady told you to bring it back tomorrow, but we work for the shipper, not her.

And I know you know now that you need to check with the guard in the future. If he says you cannot go in because there is nobody to sign, then it is a CLO1.

We just got off track as to what a missed package actually is.

Faceplanted

I would not sheet a business as missed until after 5. Closed if it is before 5 and they are gone. Residential would not be sheeted as missed unless I came back to the building and it was not delivered.
If we bring any packages to my center without sheeting it's a discharge.

I sheet all missed on area unless approved to bring back un sheeted missed via ods

Xanosuke2

Not missing the point.

I believe you, but our definition of dishonesty and UPS's definition of dishonesty are two separate things.

UPS believes that you made it look like you made an attempt on the package by sheeting it as NI1 when in reality, you did not make an attempt.

This is dishonesty in UPS eyes.

I do believe that you have extenuating circumstances, and have a very good possibility of coming back. The lady told you to bring it back tomorrow, but we work for the shipper, not her.

And I know you know now that you need to check with the guard in the future. If he says you cannot go in because there is nobody to sign, then it is a CLO1.

We just got off track as to what a missed package actually is.
They can claim I’m dishonest all they want, just like we can claim they’re dishonest. We are all lying con-artists to them, but they still have to prove it. Not making an attempt doesn’t mean I’m lying about thinking they won’t be able to sign. Heck the lady said she wouldn’t be there after 3:30...so she’s not in to sign.

Lots of people would be fired for dishonesty just from sheeting a package NS# if they wanted to. Did you call the center to find out where the address is? We use our knowledge of the area and customers to make informed decisions on the best course of action. If you don’t know the area, how would you know where a stop is? And how can they just drive out, find it, and then say you didn’t drive far enough, or knocked on someone’s door to ask where it is and then claim you’re dishonest? You didn’t know and they could only claim you’re dishonest if they pull a prior delivery you completed to that stop at the appropriate address.

tadpole

What did you do with the info notice? Crumple it up and throw it away? You scanned it, and gave it a delivery attempt without attempting. A litttle bit dishonest in my opinion.

542thruNthru

They can claim I’m dishonest all they want, just like we can claim they’re dishonest. We are all lying con-artists to them, but they still have to prove it. Not making an attempt doesn’t mean I’m lying about thinking they won’t be able to sign. Heck the lady said she wouldn’t be there after 3:30...so she’s not in to sign.

Lots of people would be fired for dishonesty just from sheeting a package NS# if they wanted to. Did you call the center to find out where the address is? We use our knowledge of the area and customers to make informed decisions on the best course of action. If you don’t know the area, how would you know where a stop is? And how can they just drive out, find it, and then say you didn’t drive far enough, or knocked on someone’s door to ask where it is and then claim you’re dishonest? You didn’t know and they could only claim you’re dishonest if they pull a prior delivery you completed to that stop at the appropriate address.

They did prove it. You didn't attempt the package though you sheeted it as if you did. I'm sure you said this in one way or another while in the meeting.

They are claiming dishonesty because you didn't follow the methods and have gps showing you didn't actually attempt the package at the stop. Your only evidence is your word saying you were not trying to be dishonest. ( a letter from the receiver would help this). Still the issue remains that you didn't officially attempt the package.

Your no such number analogy doesn't work either. There is no method that I'm aware of that states we need to call in to the office if we can't find an address. The only way it's dishonest is if they're not even on the street when they sheet it as a no such number.

You'll more then likely get your job back but I'd remember this and always attempt the package no matter what.

Xanosuke2

They did prove it. You didn't attempt the package though you sheeted it as if you did. I'm sure you said this in one way or another while in the meeting.

They are claiming dishonesty because you didn't follow the methods and have gps showing you didn't actually attempt the package at the stop. Your only evidence is your word saying you were not trying to be dishonest. ( a letter from the receiver would help this). Still the issue remains that you didn't officially attempt the package.

Your no such number analogy doesn't work either. There is no method that I'm aware of that states we need to call in to the office if we can't find an address. The only way it's dishonest is if they're not even on the street when they sheet it as a no such number.

You'll more then likely get your job back but I'd remember this and always attempt the package no matter what.
They have accusations. Where did you sheet up the package? I told them and it matched telematics. Did you go into the guard shack? I respond with why would i? matching the investigation of the guard shack. They proceeded to ask why i sheeted it up on site? Told them ive been wrote up before being off site. Then finally why did i do ni1? Told then lady not there and they were the first ones to inform me of a second shift that could sign. If an idiot doesnt know and does something wrong it doesnt make it dishonest.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

You can do it that way, but you do not have to hold all your off areas and wait until you return to the building to scan them.

If you've been told that by your center, fine. Different rules everywhere.

That is not how it works here.

So don't tell me I can't sheet a business as missed before 5:00 PM.

I find an off area for a business 60 miles away. I know I am not going to run it.

Send a message. Center says to bring it back, they are not coming out to pick it up.

Guess what.

It gets sheeted then and there as missed, whether it is 10:00 AM or 10:00 PM.

Lord help anyone who does it your way and happens to have that package get mixed in with your p/u pieces, or you forget about it when you get back to the building and don't scan it.

Drivers get terminated for that.

I sheet it when I find it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Agreed. If they have a "yes/no" sign, you are still responsible for any missed packages even if they forget to flip the sign.

I jokingly tell any of my pickup customers who decide to use a sign that I will stop regardless of what the sign says because they are paying up to $20/week to see my smiling face.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
15336DC8-ADB4-4253-97F4-B32EE1A0B2D3.gif
I jokingly tell any of my pickup customers who decide to use a sign that I will stop regardless of what the sign says because they are paying up to $20/week to see my smiling face.

IESucks

Recently? Or within my employment? They probably hate my guts bc me and the shop Stewart are really close and call them out on their crap a lot. Granted, I’m not filing grievances on sups working or anything. Just the typical 9.5s here and there. I did file an osha complaint that a sup instructed me to take a leaking hazmat back to a business and continue working in it. They also wrote me up for a misdelivery that went to the exact same building but two companies run out of it and share the same dropoff point for the packages. They wrote me up for that almost a month later than the date it was delivered then changed the delivery date in their system to a day I was out on workers comp.
You have made yourself a target. Have fun with that

keeb86

one last time

why didn't you record it as missed?

the NI is what hung you
Can’t sheet businesses as missed unless you attempted them after 5:01pm and they aren’t in (which my center considers a no no), or it’s a missload and you call the center and they give you permission to sheet as missed.

NI is for businesses where no one is there to receive the packages from start time to noon and 1 to 5pm.

Thought this was how it was done nationally across all centers, I guess not??