The Driver

I drive.
Missed is also for packages that you never made a delivery attempt on.

The OP scanned it in the parking lot. Didn't make a delivery attempt.

Missed.

He was on their company's property after driving there specifically to make an attempt. How is that not an attempt at making service? Am I taking crazy pills?????

The Driver

I drive.
1. I agree

2. I do need hooked on phonics

Every time I personally feel sheeting something feels "sketchy" I sheet it missed

Gotta protect yourself, I agree with that. I do the same. If OMS asks me to do something sketchy I tell them my integrity is on the line and them to have the center manager contact me via DIAD.

Faceplanted

I have. If they tell you to not have any missed you better not deliver any residentials before you sheet a business missed. And yes they eventually got there job back , but was out for quite awhile. Put it in there hands immediately. And do what they say. No matter how stupid it is or how much time it will cost you.
An example for you

I was covering a route in the hood. Resi mixed with biz. Orion has me doing resi in between biz stops. At the morning pcm, we are all told to follow Orion as close to 100% as possible

I follow instructions, do resi stops before biz stops. Sent a msg at 3pm that I needed biz help. End up having about 20 missed biz. Did they try to say something? Yes... did it stick? Hell no

Example #2. I work I fl, in the middle of summer I'm told the truck needs to be sorted by 2pm. This is unsafe as the back of the pc reaches 130 degrees. I find a biz stop on the wrong shelf at 445. I can't drive back and make service on time. I send a message, and sheet it as missed at 445. Once again, no discipline.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Gotta protect yourself, I agree with that. I do the same. If OMS asks me to do something sketchy I tell them my integrity is on the line and them to have the center manager contact me via DIAD.
I tell them it is against diad training and who is instructing me to do it. Then usually receive message to sheet as missed.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
An example for you

I was covering a route in the hood. Resi mixed with biz. Orion has me doing resi in between biz stops. At the morning pcm, we are all told to follow Orion as close to 100% as possible

I follow instructions, do resi stops before biz stops. Sent a msg at 3pm that I needed biz help. End up having about 20 missed biz. Did they try to say something? Yes... did it stick? Hell no

Example #2. I work I fl, in the middle of summer I'm told the truck needs to be sorted by 2pm. This is unsafe as the back of the pc reaches 130 degrees. I find a biz stop on the wrong shelf at 445. I can't drive back and make service on time. I send a message, and sheet it as missed at 445. Once again, no discipline.
This was way before Orion.

The Driver

I drive.
An example for you

I think ORION might be dead for good here. It's completely disregarded. Haven't talked about it all year.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Missed is also for packages that you never made a delivery attempt on.

The OP scanned it in the parking lot. Didn't make a delivery attempt.

Missed.
So if you don’t wanna carry something to an upstairs business suite at 4:59 pm you’d sheet it as missed? I guess.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
He was on their company's property after driving there specifically to make an attempt. How is that not an attempt at making service?

He may have been on their property, but he did not make a delivery attempt.

Did he ring the buzzer at the dock?

Did he try the front door?

Did he ask at the guard shack if there was someone there to accept the delivery?

No to all of the above. He sheeted the package in the parking lot and didn't even get out of his truck.

That is not a delivery attempt. That is a missed package.

So if you don’t wanna carry something to an upstairs business suite at 4:59 pm you’d sheet it as missed?

If you didn't physically go to that upstairs business suite, then yes, you did not make a delivery attempt and the package is sheeted as missed.

It's not rocket science.

The Driver

I drive.

Did he ask at the guard shack if there was someone there to accept the delivery?

No to all of the above. He sheeted the package in the parking lot and didn't even get out of his truck.

If you didn't physically go to that upstairs business suite, then yes, you did not make a delivery attempt and the package is sheeted as missed.

It's not rocket science.

OP can’t write, I thought he meant the guard shack wouldn’t let him access the delivery point. Disregard.

Xanosuke2

OP can’t write, I thought he meant the guard shack wouldn’t let him access the delivery point. Disregard.
Guard shack won’t let you enter if no one answers at receiving. My previous experience with them I could never get past the guard shack after 4:00pm. The receiving lady told me to bring it the following day bc she leaves at 3:30pm. I sheeted it on site as NI1 bc she wasn’t there.

You take a gamble sheeting packages as missed and claiming you can’t make it to site bc they do have telematics, and can claim you’re riding packages around.

Nothing anyone has been saying has even come close to answering my intial question, “what else can I do to prove this is failure to follow procedures and methods instead of dishonesty?”

E

el blanco

so the receiver told you it would be fine to bring the unfound pkg. back the next day

only problem is there is no option for that scenario in the board

when you found the pkg. on the truck later in the day, you knew you weren't going to complete a delivery for that pkg.

at that point the pkg. is missed

doesn't matter what time of day or where you are on the route, the pkg. is missed

you could have even saved yourself that return drive to the business

The Driver

I drive.
Guard shack won’t let you enter if no one answers at receiving. My previous experience with them I could never get past the guard shack after 4:00pm. The receiving lady told me to bring it the following day bc she leaves at 3:30pm. I sheeted it on site as NI1 bc she wasn’t there.

You take a gamble sheeting packages as missed and claiming you can’t make it to site bc they do have telematics, and can claim you’re riding packages around.

Nothing anyone has been saying has even come close to answering my intial question, “what else can I do to prove this is failure to follow procedures and methods instead of dishonesty?”

Again, did you sheet it ON SITE at the guard shack after being disallowed to the delivery point at 4:00pm? If the guard shack didn't allow you to proceed, you made the best attempt you could and either should have sheeted it CL or NA or possibly even messaged the center and requested further instruction.

What's your BA saying about this?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

The only person that can help you right now is your Local's business agent.

Xanosuke2

Again, did you sheet it ON SITE at the guard shack after being disallowed to the delivery point at 4:00pm? If the guard shack didn't allow you to proceed, you made the best attempt you could and either should have sheeted it CL or NA or possibly even messaged the center and requested further instruction.

What's your BA saying about this?
BA is trying build the best case possible bc even he says it’s laziness and not dishonesty. He wants statements notarized by all parties that said bring it the next day, or we won’t let you back if no one is there, even other drivers who were instructed by management to do what I did under the same circumstances, and delivery records to that business showing no one can get back after 4:00pm.

The Driver

I drive.
BA is trying build the best case possible bc even he says it’s laziness and not dishonesty. He wants statements notarized by all parties that said bring it the next day, or we won’t let you back if no one is there, even other drivers who were instructed by management to do what I did under the same circumstances, and delivery records to that business showing no one can get back after 4:00pm.

Good luck. You didn't answer my question about being on site at 4:00 and being disallowed to advance to the delivery point. Sounds like it was dishonesty.

Xanosuke2

Good luck. You didn't answer my question about being on site at 4:00 and being disallowed to advance to the delivery point. Sounds like it was dishonesty.
No dishonesty would be me lying saying that I did go into the guard shack and they wouldn’t let me back. I didn’t go into the guard shack so it’s not following procedures. They asked me if I did go in trying to catch me telling them I did, but I told them why would I when I knew the receiver of the package told me to bring it the next day and she leaves at 3:30? They asked why did I drive all the way back? Told them you’ve wrote me up before not sheeting a package up on site. Why didn’t you call supervisor? I didn’t think it was needed bc you don’t ask us to call you when a business informs us of them not shipping out that day, so what’s the difference when I knew the lady wasn’t there?

They’re just trying to spin this into dishonesty just like every center in my region has been doing lately. Our BA has been going to panel after panel over the company’s loose interpretations of the dishonesty discharge.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy

It's not rocket science.

I don’t think so scooter