Fired for smoking weed at a party

HarryWarden

They need three trained observers for reasonable cause testing. where the :censored2: is your local why is your steward not involved. your steward should have been present at the observation and at your testing , i know i am when our members get called up for test
Have you ever had a situation where they said someone was high or under the influence and you could clearly tell they weren’t, and got it dismissed? I feel like a police officer should have been present for a true observation. We all know how ups training is

Integrity

Binge Poster
Have you ever had a situation where they said someone was high or under the influence and you could clearly tell they weren’t, and got it dismissed? I feel like a police officer should have been present for a true observation. We all know how ups training is
What did your Shop Steward say?

Non liberal

If you didn’t get tested, they can’t fire you. If you got tested and you failed, then you’re done, or if it’s a first offense, you can go to rehab and all that jazz. Second time it happens you’re done. At least that’s been the example set in my bldg.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A police officer
Lol

HarryWarden

I don't smoke but I remember you could say you have a drug problem and ask for therapy and that can't fire you. you just have to be clean for a amount of time. Because we hd a aguy at work that got a DUI and he was a driver and they pulled him off the road for 2 years but he wasn't fired.
Apparently you can only request rehab before you are pulled aside for being under the influence. You have to request it
If you didn’t get tested, they can’t fire you. If you got tested and you failed, then you’re done, or if it’s a first offense, you can go to rehab and all that jazz. Second time it happens you’re done. At least that’s been the example set in my bldg.
nope, if you refuse the test you’re fired. And you can’t get rehab unless you ask for it before you’re questioned

HarryWarden

Wrong. Try again.

He said the Steward was not available. They can continue with another hourly present if the Steward is unavailable. They do not have to wait for him.

You need to study Article 35 Section 3.8 of the NMUPSA.
Thank you, you’re correct. Seems like a huge loophole and abuse of power

542thruNthru

You don’t drink alcohol?
Ah yes the "alcohol" is worse argument.

Apparently you didn't see where I said I'd love to roll one and get high but it's not worth my job.

If Prohibition was still a thing and I could lose my job because of it I would not touch a drop. I'm not taking a chance of losing my job over one of my vices.

542thruNthru

Does a fat dog fart? Does he drink alcohol?🤣
95061c5204da076cd52f7664720a456c.gif

I don't know what you're talking about (Hic)