Fooling telematics?

F

Frankie's Friend

Rural drivers.
You are such a wizzard. 200' lanes with no possible way to turn around so you think the rural drivers walk it off. This post of yours is the epitome of arrogant ignorance. Rural drivers in our local jurisdiction have the most backing ft on record daily.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"Back only when necessary" is rather vague. I guess its not completely necessary for me to back into a 100pc bulk stop. I could make 20 trips with the hand truck and completely avoid that "unnecessary" back
You're the professional driver, it's your decision when you need to back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are such a wizzard. 200' lanes with no possible way to turn around so you think the rural drivers walk it off. This post of yours is the epitome of arrogant ignorance. Rural drivers in our local jurisdiction have the most backing ft on record daily.

I have run several routes and was normally able to keep my backs under 5 per day. I am sure that I could have gone with no backs at all if I had really tried.

Do you realize that if you are doing a 3 point turn and you only back a very short distance (less than a pkg car length) to complete the turn that it doesn't register as a back?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Backing feet and number of backs are clearly not one in the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

I have run several routes and was normally able to keep my backs under 5 per day. I am sure that I could have gone with no backs at all if I had really tried.

Do you realize that if you are doing a 3 point turn and you only back a very short distance (less than a pkg car length) to complete the turn that it doesn't register as a back?
Nope. Putting it in reverse shows backs here. Always has. Another tidbit of wisdom? I dont believe anything you say becuz the person who claims to know it all is wrong from the get go. Like i said our rural routes are forced to back more with orion. The lanes are longer and i can tell you that i could run a metro route w/o backing unless it was a dock stop for del or pkup 10 times easier than a rural route.

F

Frankie's Friend

Backing feet and number of backs are clearly not one in the same----dip:censored2:.
We are talking about backing pud licker, the long lanes without turn arounds force drivers to back. So i explained it to you now. How can you be so dumb so close to retirement?

F

Frankie's Friend

You're the professional driver, it's your decision when you need to back.
We are dealing with management who can only read paperwork. Some cant even drive a manual tranny. Go figure why things are so screwed up compared to 25-30 yrs ago.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
My boss is telling me wants close to 0 backs. just do what I'm told??? be honest, can anyone really do 0 backs?

it's a game...he knows you cannot do 0 (unless you cheat!). Minimize the backs, only back when necessary not because you have always backed at this location etc: etc: .

PS = work on you methods, they actually work, contrary to what others on this site may think. Stop with the short cuts.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

I have the third most rural area in the building. I avg 25 backs a day.
Our in town routes avg 3 times of me

Tony Q

Someone gave me some "tips" on telematics. Im wondering if there is any truth to them.

#1 telematics doesnt start recording until after you log into vehicle (enter DVIR info in diad) so do your backing at the building before logging into vehicle.

#2 if loading dock is downhill. instead of backing to a dock, go into neutral and coast backwards to the dock to avoid a back
These are both true. You can try to defeat this system, but why? However long it takes is how long it took. Why be dishonest with your backs? This will only lead you to higher standards that the company will always want you to make, better, and then when you can't, they will start asking why.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
it's a game...he knows you cannot do 0 (unless you cheat!). Minimize the backs, only back when necessary not because you have always backed at this location etc: etc: .

PS = work on you methods, they actually work, contrary to what others on this site may think. Stop with the short cuts.

I agree the methods make you back a lot less. Also a lot of money. Which they love to give out

Don't ask us to play tackle footbfoo with flag Football rules. Some if this crap is a real :censored2: joke. I would back my truck up fifty steps if I could, to save my back from carrying an overweight.

F

Frankie's Friend

I have the third most rural area in the building. I avg 25 backs a day.
Our in town routes avg 3 times of me
I have 4 counties. The last route i had was the most dense metro in the building. Orion has me backing more on the rural one than the old metro rte. I could easily go around a block and or use alleys to deliver. Metro route stops averaged 18-20/hr. Rural 10-13 max depending on weather. Rarely backed in town unless it was a dock stop.

F

Frankie's Friend

Dude, i have to tell you thst some of my farms have an 8th to quarter of a mile drive with no truck turnaround room and when its muddy out i back more. Im not gonna rut up somebodys yard trying to turn around this time of year. Screw that.

F

Frankie's Friend

I cant believe i agreed with a dragon post but you gotta throw a little slop to the hogs now and then.

brown_trousers

Like every rule and method UPS makes up, they are always left intentially vague. So management can twist its meaning to serve whatever purpose they want it too.

What is a "necessary" back? Does that mean only if it is life threatening? What if i could avoid a back by walking off a delivery down a 5 mile driveway?