Forcing to come in earlier, or disciplinary action

Labyrinthian

Hello all. I work preload an average of 20 hours a week for the past 3 years. There was a storm and we couldn't get a couple trailors today (Thursday). Our super went up to us all towards the end of the shift and told us tomorrows start time is going to be 4:30 instead of 5:35. Which is great, another hour of pay (overtime pay). However I told them I'm likely not going to be able to make that time as I have made other arrangements. They said I have to. Otherwise a written warning. Every time before we're asked to come in earlier than the scheduled time, I have. My questions are.
1. ) Are they correct? Where is this rule posted in the policy?
2. ) If so , what stops them from saying i have to come in two, three or four hours earlier.
Just trying to learn because our union steward is a joke.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hello all. I work preload an average of 20 hours a week for the past 3 years. There was a storm and we couldn't get a couple trailors today (Thursday). Our super went up to us all towards the end of the shift and told us tomorrows start time is going to be 4:30 instead of 5:35. Which is great, another hour of pay (overtime pay). However I told them I'm likely not going to be able to make that time as I have made other arrangements. They said I have to. Otherwise a written warning. Every time before we're asked to come in earlier than the scheduled time, I have. My questions are.
2. ) If so , what stops them from saying i have to come in two, three or four hours earlier.
what do you got to do at 430 am in the morning

Turdferguson

Just a turd
What state are you in. Different areas have different rules for everything. In order to get any credible advise people will need those