Fred's turn to be pissed off

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
One thing is for certain people. If he continues with his knee jerk executive orders there will come a time when the consequences will be so devastating that his own party will have to accept the fact that he is totally unfit to serve as president and will have to act in a manner similar to what it had to do with Nixon.

You read it here first!

59 Dano

The comparison to the 2011 Iraqi restriction is not genuine. In 2011 2 Iraqis that had received special visas for aiding American troops were caught in Kentucky planning an attack. In response Obama slowed down the special visa process so they could examine it and close the loopholes those 2 exploited. It was a response to an actual threat. It was measured and well thought out. Trump and Bannon whipped up a sloppy letter in the middle of the night and dropped it on the CBP. They did little to no vetting of the EO with top policy advisors. The only question is if Trump and Bannon are intentionally trying to upset people or if they are just incompetent.

I have family in the area (not the same town) that those 2 Iraqis settled in.

They were admitted to the country as refugees. Neither had aided American troops (one had built at least one roadside bomb) and both were attempting to send money and arms back to Iraq to be used against American troops.

The current suspension is fine and no one with a brain opposes it.

59 Dano

Idk the specific reasons cited for recent attacks. I do believe further framing of the war on terror as a war on Muslims does more harm than good with this ban. If ISIS is happy with this ban saying it's been great for recruiting it's probably poorly done.

ISIS attacks people based on their failure to convert to a radical adherence to Islam.

59 Dano

Just because Trump spins it as not a war on Muslims doesn't mean that's not how it's percieved. It's disingenuous to place a ban on majority Mulsim countries, say the ban doesn't apply to Christians and Jews and act surprised when the world views it as a Muslim ban.

Top 10 countries by Muslim population, from most number of Muslims:

Indonesia
Pakistan
India
Bangladesh
Nigeria
Iran
Turkey
Egypt
Algeria
Sudan

If it's a war on Muslims, explain that list.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Top 10 countries by Muslim population, from most number of Muslims:

Indonesia
Pakistan
India
Bangladesh
Nigeria
Iran
Turkey
Egypt
Algeria
Sudan

If it's a war on Muslims, explain that list.

My guess is that Trump has business connections with most of them. Self interest, not the interest of the people.

vantexan

My guess is that Trump has business connections with most of them. Self interest, not the interest of the people.
I believe there are 34 Muslim countries. He has businesses in 7 of them. And again, those 7 in the travel ban were identified by the Obama administration as state sponsors of terror. But hey, if you prefer to perpetuate myths and lies have at it.

vantexan

Will the debt go down with Trumpski? No. He wants to spend $15-20B on a useless wall and billions more on building a nuke stockpile when we can already blow up the world several times over.

That will all be free, right?
Actually if you greatly slow down the rate of drugs, criminals, and whole families coming across the border the resulting cost savings in treatment, incarceration, and social services will more than offset the cost of the wall in a fairly short period of time. You do actually stop to think about things before posting, right?

It will be fine

Actually if you greatly slow down the rate of drugs, criminals, and whole families coming across the border the resulting cost savings in treatment, incarceration, and social services will more than offset the cost of the wall in a fairly short period of time. You do actually stop to think about things before posting, right?
The wall won't do that, Van. It won't slow down anything.