Full-timer has more seniority than any part-timers for picking vacations?

That is the way it is in my building also. The 22.3 jobs are all combo jobs, their schedules are posted with the PT schedules and they pick 1st for vacations. In my building, 22.3 schedules are covered by PT people when the 22.3 people are on vacation.
Honestly that's something I have never checked into. Im going to ask one of the 22.3 guys this week.

barnyard

KTM rider
Honestly that's something I have never checked into. Im going to ask one of the 22.3 guys this week.
All of our 22.3 jobs are combos with either local sort or preload, the other part is either air delivery or air shuttle. It is easy work, that is held by highest seniority pt people. We have not had a FT driver bid a 22.3 in my building and keep the bid, the one that bid it, went back to a route after 1 week.

All of our 22.3 jobs are combos with either local sort or preload, the other part is either air delivery or air shuttle. It is easy work, that is held by highest seniority pt people. We have not had a FT driver bid a 22.3 in my building and keep the bid, the one that bid it, went back to a route after 1 week.
We have 3. Combo preload air driver

PT Car Washer

We have had FT drivers bid Art 22.3 jobs and after a couple days wanted to go back to driving. They couldn't go back because they had won the bid. Loading trailers on midnight and unloading on preload with a 2 hour break is a lot worse then any driving job.

GameCockFan

Here we have a seperate list. Feeder, package, 22.3, p-time all bid with their classification, except package drivers on feeder qualified list bid vacations with feeders. 22.3 that are on vacation have those vacations covered by part-timers(in our supplement). Atlantic Area.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
News to me: apparently since the onset of the 22-3 position, management has been sticking 23-3s into part-timer vacation picking list. Here's the kicker: they've been giving the full-timers seniority over ANY and ALL part-timers. There is nothing in the contract that allows for it. I'm looking at the Master Agreement and the New England Supplement. Anyone have any insight into this? How the hell do they get away with this?
Ha ha ha ha!

Don't worry. October is wide open!

giphy.gif