Full-timer has more seniority than any part-timers for picking vacations?

Method Mensch

News to me: apparently since the onset of the 22-3 position, management has been sticking 23-3s into part-timer vacation picking list. Here's the kicker: they've been giving the full-timers seniority over ANY and ALL part-timers. There is nothing in the contract that allows for it. I'm looking at the Master Agreement and the New England Supplement. Anyone have any insight into this? How the hell do they get away with this?

Johney

News to me: apparently since the onset of the 22-3 position, management has been sticking 23-3s into part-timer vacation picking list. Here's the kicker: they've been giving the full-timers seniority over ANY and ALL part-timers. There is nothing in the contract that allows for it. I'm looking at the Master Agreement and the New England Supplement. Anyone have any insight into this? How the hell do they get away with this?
I thought all 22.3 jobs were full time positions?

It's like that here. Full-time Trumps part time.

Method Mensch

I thought all 22.3 jobs were full time positions?
Correct. 22-3s are all full-time. I see nothing in the contract that states that as full-timer can bump a part-timer on the vacation list. I see plenty of language allowing full-timers to bump part-timers in the event of a layoff, but that's
it.

Johney

Correct. 22-3s are all full-time. I see nothing in the contract that states that as full-timer can bump a part-timer on the vacation list. I see plenty of language allowing full-timers to bump part-timers in the event of a layoff, but that's
it.
Is there some sort of seniority list for the 22.3 and part timers? Are they separate or all on the same list? Vacations are picked based off of some type of seniority list as far as I know.

Method Mensch

Why are FT and PT even picking vacations off the same list? We don't do that here.
I brought it up with my BA, he said they've been doing it that way for years, since 22-3 came about. He kinda lost interest at that point, so I emailed the president of the Union. No answer back yet.

Method Mensch

Is there some sort of seniority list for the 22.3 and part timers? Are they separate or all on the same list? Vacations are picked based off of some type of seniority list as far as I know.
That is exactly how it comes up in the contract (55-3). And yet, apparently, they've been doing it that way for years.

Method Mensch

Contrary to what the contract allows, they,'ve been doing it for years. Or, so I've been told.

RealPerson

Central is is Building Seniority. I am part time, but I get to pick before FT people with less building time. Just depends on your area / contract I guess

Method Mensch

Are the 22.3 doing the same job as the part timers? If so then they may say it could affect operations if too many are off at the same time.
Let's say that were the case. I would still expect to use the seniority date. I would not simply have full-timers trump all part-timers strictly because of their part-time status. The contract does not allow it.