Getting in Better Shape as a Driver

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I wouldn't say it's a waste of time cuz any exercise is better than no exercise, but yeah if weight loss is your main goal there are better ways to do it. The main benefit of running is becoming a better runner.
It basically says if you're looking to lose weight efficiently it's a waste of time. Your body quickly adjusts.

It also mentions another study that says if you like running then do sprints. You'll lose weight and build muscle.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It basically says if you're looking to lose weight efficiently it's a waste of time. Your body quickly adjusts.

It also mentions another study that says if you like running then do sprints. You'll lose weight and build muscle.
Depends on why you're running really.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I've recently decided to start eating healthier and working out some. Mainly upper body exercises and running to increase overall endurance. To all who workout regularly or just stay in good shape, what's your regimen and how do you work around your 9-10 hour day as driver? Small lunch/big lunch? Protein bars? Supplements?

It just seems like I've already stretched my time thin as it is working till 7-8 every night. I'm wondering how some of you manage your fitness around your job.
I wake up at 5:30.
Hit my garage gym at 5:45.
Right now my workouts are:
1) Clean and Press
2) Front Squats
3) Pull-ups
4) Leg Raises on Pull-up bar
5) Incline Dumbbell Press
6) Dips
One exercise after another. 3 minute rest between rounds. 3 times a week (T,T,S)
I bring 2 protein bars, 1 shake, a salad with chicken or turkey and a few portions of fruit. Water all day.
You will be in the best shape of your life.

walk it off

I've recently decided to start eating healthier and working out some. Mainly upper body exercises and running to increase overall endurance. To all who workout regularly or just stay in good shape, what's your regimen and how do you work around your 9-10 hour day as driver? Small lunch/big lunch? Protein bars? Supplements?

It just seems like I've already stretched my time thin as it is working till 7-8 every night. I'm wondering how some of you manage your fitness around your job.
Work out in the morning 4x a week. Lunch is made at home but pack enough to get thru a long day. Protein bars and supplements aren't necessarily the best choice. Loaded with sodium and sugars. Stay away from caffeine(soda, energy drinks,) Hydrate and keep up your electrolytes on hot days. I use the bike for cardio as well as hitting the speed bag and heavy bag. Any exercise you do is good. Lot's of drivers confuse labor with exercise. You've got a good attitude and are motivated. Remember running on cement is not the best for your knees and lower leg,ankle,shins, etc. Any cardio is good. The early workout helps. It's about 1 hour
door to door. Doesn't need to be 2 hours. 30 minutes of good cardio and core strength. Pull ups and pushups are a better choice than weights. You lift enough weight during the day.
Good luck and keep up the good work

Brownslave688

This. You're not overweight because you don't exercise, you're overweight because you eat too much. No one can outrun a bad diet.
Well not no one.

I think Michael phelps was taking in 10-12k calories a day just to maintain weight while training.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Work out in the morning 4x a week. Lunch is made at home but pack enough to get thru a long day. Protein bars and supplements aren't necessarily the best choice. Loaded with sodium and sugars. Stay away from caffeine(soda, energy drinks,) Hydrate and keep up your electrolytes on hot days. I use the bike for cardio as well as hitting the speed bag and heavy bag. Any exercise you do is good. Lot's of drivers confuse labor with exercise. You've got a good attitude and are motivated. Remember running on cement is not the best for your knees and lower leg,ankle,shins, etc. Any cardio is good. The early workout helps. It's about 1 hour
door to door. Doesn't need to be 2 hours. 30 minutes of good cardio and core strength. Pull ups and pushups are a better choice than weights. You lift enough weight during the day.
No bro. No. "You lift enough weight during the day" might be the the stupidest statement of this whole thread. You need to incorporate wheight training into any workout regimen. Smh.

Brownslave688

Thanks for the advice from 2 decades ago.

Protein bars are great. Mine only have 1g of sugar and less than 10% of the recommended daily sodium intake.

Push ups and pull ups because you lift enough work.
image.gif