Goodbye HOS!

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
My guys do pre-trips, can't say for certain about post, not there when they get in, but they call me if a light burns out during the day. They all get lunch breaks. All get Holiday pay. All get paid vacation. Last I checked I'm not bankrupt.

I get nothing. No sick time, vacation, paid holidays, overtime. Maybe if I'm lucky Ill get $50 for a holiday. No safety bonus, nothing. Think I'm getting got?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've been at ground a long time, never seen a pre trip, post trip inspection done by any driver. Lunch breaks and overtime non existent. Holiday Pay, maybe one contractor pays it same thing as vacation. It's a lousy place to work. If your a contractor and want to treat your drivers fairly you would go bankrupt.

This sounds about right. Of course, Sammy and the rest of the usual folks will be on here saying they have OT, insurance, always do pre-trips, blah, blah, blah. Most of us realize Ground is all about saving money and lowering costs. That means what Bounty says is pretty much the norm.

FedGT

You'll defend Ground to the bitter end because you profit from the scam. Understandable, but it speaks poorly of your character and ethics.

Something like that. You always trying to make personal attacks says a lot more about your character than me. I don't defend Ground to the death but I call out ignorance when I see it, there is a large difference. You will think what you want and I could personally care less but I know the truth of my company that I own (notice I did not say Ground), I have drivers that have no computer skills, no college degrees, people that have never made over $30,000 a year in a secure career, making $10,000+ a year more than they ever have, who enjoy what they do and who they work for (me). You won't believe it and frankly I don't care cause I know what I am doing for other people. So until you prove what you are doing to create better lives for other people, stimulate the economy with more job creation, or prove that you contribute anything more than a piss poor attitude with your employer and a scape goat to blame for why your career sucks (Ground), You should probably keep your personal attacks out of it and stop trying to talk to me or any other Ground contractors on this forum about morals, ethics, or character.
Oh wait, I forgot that you are a realtor, that profession is all about honesty and integrity and didn't contribute largely to the crash of 2008 and a real estate investor, which helps out sooo many people when you scam people out of a house as cheaply as you can.

Last edited:

overflowed

Something like that. You always trying to make personal attacks says a lot more about your character than me. I don't defend Ground to the death but I call out ignorance when I see it, there is a large difference. You will think what you want and I could personally care less but I know the truth of my company that I own (notice I did not say Ground), I have drivers that have no computer skills, no college degrees, people that have never made over $30,000 a year in a secure career, making $10,000+ a year more than they ever have, who enjoy what they do and who they work for (me). You won't believe it and frankly I don't care cause I know what I am doing for other people. So until you prove what you are doing to create better lives for other people, stimulate the economy with more job creation, or prove that you contribute anything more than a piss poor attitude with your employer and a scape goat to blame for why your career sucks (Ground), You should probably keep your personal attacks out of it and stop trying to talk to me or any other Ground contractors on this forum about morals, ethics, or character.
Oh wait, I forgot that you are a realtor that profession is all about honesty and integrity and didn't contribute largely to the crash of 2008 and a real estate investor, which helps out sooo many people when you scam people out of a house as cheaply as you can.
Well that's a way to justify what you pay your drivers. .

FedGT

Not hard to "justify" considering what I pay my drivers is above average of the median income in my state. My guys work 40-43 hours a week, get paid vacation, paid holidays, monthly bonuses, Christmas bonuses and have an aisle everyday. Why would I need to justify, I do the work everyday too, usually overflow from other contractors, it is not a hard job when it is set up properly. Non CDL driver jobs that work as hard as my guys do are working for $9-12 an hour where I live.

FedGT

What? You think I'm going to go going looking for you? If you think you're special cause you bought a manager's role, I don't care.

Wow, no genius. anonymity on this site like everyone else, little defensive there.

By the way I think I'm special cause my mom said so when I was little

overflowed

Not defensive to you. So my question is? "You really think that would work??" So what, tell me what I would care what state you live in, I was asking purely for economical info.

FedGT

You probably wouldn't but I'm sure you don't want FedEx knowing how to more closely identify where you are to narrow down further who you are. That is what everyone recommends on the sight. I figured you were trying to be a smart *** which is why I said that. Obviously you were not intending that.

overflowed

You probably wouldn't but I'm sure you don't want FedEx knowing how to more closely identify where you are to narrow down further who you are. That is what everyone recommends on the sight. I figured you were trying to be a smart *** which is why I said that. Obviously you were not intending that.
That's fine, but man you don't work for fedex so what does it matter?