Goodbye HOS!

FedGT

Or the purest example of what's wrong with the people in this country.
This isn't fun and good for me anymore so I'm taking my ball and going home, and telling on you! Kinda seems like spoiled brat syndrome to me

overflowed

Okay, even better. So what you are saying is you are going to tell the IRS on other contractors who aren't paying their taxes correctly. In that case my house in in plenty of order but if you are wanting to make that happen you better make sure yours is. Single route owners are the worst contractors in terms of tax evasion. You would be their first audit if they wanted to pursue anything (which they probably won't). Then you spend countless hours talking to labor board about overtime which you don't have any first hand information or accounts on either.

This defines the type of person you are very well. The company "screws you" even though writing on the wall for 7 years. So instead of going after the company you are wanting to screw over as many contractors as you can (single or multi) even though none of them did this to you. Even though you have profited from this company for longer than a lot of other contractors you want to bring down.
Class act!
Well known everything is not on the up and up?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
The reason pre trip are not done is we could never get out of the building, these trucks are junk and would never pass a real DOT inspection, most contractors have mechanical friends in the business to get around all that.

Yikes, u must move on to a better contractor! I had to jump ship if I'm with a boss who doesn't give a friend* about his equipment or staff... I don't check the fluids daily because I know my work van takes a quart of oil every 10 days or so. I kick all 6 tires & do a quick walk-around daily though, just because I don't want to drive a rental or get handed someone else's neglected vehicle.

One or 2 drivers had blown an engine because they were never taught to do pretrips & post trips when hired...lol

TeamLift

So pretty much you are a pissy driver that thinks you should be making more than you are worth. I can tell you even without knowing you that you do not deserve a high Ground salary, your attitude dictates that. You have already shown your only intentions are to combat everything that any of us say so you really aren't worth any further responses from me. I don't pretend anything info is out there that others can obtain, my drivers are happy so the last person I need to appease is you.

Ground doesn't pay, been offered plenty of routes, managers say it pays more than hd, I call bs on that, in fact I make almost 200 bucks more than the two ground drivers on our team ha ha, know that for a fact, they got into it with our contractor when they found out, but they are so sorry I have to run not only the hd on my route, but the ground too, that's right, I deliver swing sets, trampolines, large furniture up to 225 lbs all in a sprinter van, so don't tell me about being a pissy driver, no one on the hd side does what I do, anywhere in the country. Your drivers deliver to a business, I deliver this stuff to home customers up stairs, with or without a hand truck. I drag 146 lb book case up 10 steps myself, your guys back to a dock and blow the horn.

TeamLift

Yikes, u must move on to a better contractor! I had to jump ship if I'm with a boss who doesn't give a friend* about his equipment or staff... I don't check the fluids daily because I know my work van takes a quart of oil every 10 days or so. I kick all 6 tires & do a quick walk-around daily though, just because I don't want to drive a rental or get handed someone else's neglected vehicle.

One or 2 drivers had blown an engine because they were never taught to do pretrips & post trips when hired...lol

The only good trucks are on the hd side, lots of brand new vans and trucks, ground side, not so much. FedEx's idea of inspection is an idiot supervisor with a tire gauge who asks you to turn your lights on and blow the horn. I have been in trucking for years before this, trust me, when a real DOT guy inspects your truck, you know it. Ground guys leave the hub with a rear bumper in the shape of a letter U where they have backed into something over and over again. Some contractors were grandfathered in and do not have to comply with new rules on the shape your truck has to be in. That should be great consolation to the surviving family members knowing that the contractor was grandfathered in and allowed to drive that pos.

TeamLift

My guys do pre-trips, can't say for certain about post, not there when they get in, but they call me if a light burns out during the day. They all get lunch breaks. All get Holiday pay. All get paid vacation. Last I checked I'm not bankrupt.

Is it really a lunch break when the driver takes a bite of his sandwich and you call him and tell him to go get a pickup right now ? UPS gets real lunch breaks, FedEx lunch break is eat in the truck going down the highway.

It will be fine

Is it really a lunch break when the driver takes a bite of his sandwich and you call him and tell him to go get a pickup right now ? UPS gets real lunch breaks, FedEx lunch break is eat in the truck going down the highway.
Some of my guys sit at home for a few hours in the middle of the day. I consider that a lunch break.

TeamLift

If by this you mean every driver across the country does exactly what you do, then you are absolutely correct.

I mean no one on hd side runs ground also, saves contractor from having to hire another driver, route is too big for his ground guys to cover it and theirs as well.

STFXG

I mean no one on hd side runs ground also, saves contractor from having to hire another driver, route is too big for his ground guys to cover it and theirs as well.
That's actually pretty common. Lot of flexibility when you own both Ground and HD in the same area.

bbsam

Staff member
Happens all the time in colocations and in case you haven't heard, HD is being eliminated and it's all going to be Ground. Should be an interesting transition.

STFXG

Happens all the time in colocations and in case you haven't heard, HD is being eliminated and it's all going to be Ground. Should be an interesting transition.
You heard anything about the 6 day work week? Only thing I've heard is that we will be given the option to run ground routes on Saturday and HD on Monday but it won't be forced. Wonder how long before we run everything Monday-Saturday.

bbsam

Staff member
Only that it's coming. Technically there's nothing keeping you from running Saturday or even Sunday niw.