Goodbye HOS!

bbsam

Staff member
Do you guys even run into HOS violations? I've had a couple drivers in 20 years have an issue around peak but that has only been weather related.

Face it. Start putting drivers out there for 14 hours a day, you're looking at a lot of problems.

Yozh69

I don't speak Russian, but I think he is saying "BS, Big Scam".
:) Quote above every issue of Communist Pravda: Workers of the World, Unite!!

Well, just short of my year anniversary I quit Express and moved to Freight. A 30% increase in pay and full-time hours was all it took to entice me.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Do you guys even run into HOS violations?
I got one a few years ago had to sign a form and now I fudge my on/off duty times from that time on...

One guy had over 3 in a year and he got let go, never to be rehired because he didn't want to wad and fudge the start times

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
It's hard to fill a truck with envelopes.

Ha ha ha, the ever ubiquitous envelope joke again!

3fbUitK.jpg

FedGT

Do you guys even run into HOS violations? I've had a couple drivers in 20 years have an issue around peak but that has only been weather related.

Face it. Start putting drivers out there for 14 hours a day, you're looking at a lot of problems.

No driver has. I did once when I first started out because I had no idea where I was going or what I was doing. Owner and manager bailed the day I bought contracts, classy individuals.

Purplepackage

Well, just short of my year anniversary I quit Express and moved to Freight. A 30% increase in pay and full-time hours was all it took to entice me.

How are the hours over at freight mainly nights?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Nice! Pravda had nothing on FedEx PR. Maybe they hired some ex-Pravda/KGB types after the fall of the USSR.

bbsam

Staff member
Nice! Pravda had nothing on FedEx PR. Maybe they hired some ex-Pravda/KGB types after the fall of the USSR.
You should stick to facts. When you go off the deep end you just look silly and it's no wonder institutions like CSM don't want more in depth interviews with you. ;)

gixxer squid

The p700s are over 10k lbs in my hub, which put those drivers to stay in the 70 hour HOS rules... Yea, I noticed those managers running around checking the GVWR on each route and jotting them down, which made me question what was going on

Only a few cargo vans, standard height & bubble tops, and maybe a handful of sprinters fall under 10k lbs so those drivers can opt to enter their on/off duty times for real???

My bad, I was referring to the cargo vans with bubble tops, not the P700. :) You are correct

TeamLift

I've been at ground a long time, never seen a pre trip, post trip inspection done by any driver. Lunch breaks and overtime non existent. Holiday Pay, maybe one contractor pays it same thing as vacation. It's a lousy place to work. If your a contractor and want to treat your drivers fairly you would go bankrupt.

The reason pre trip are not done is we could never get out of the building, these trucks are junk and would never pass a real DOT inspection, most contractors have mechanical friends in the business to get around all that.