Goodbye HOS!

TeamLift

Haven't we already gone over this twice. You are a single van operator. You talk about possibilities that are complete unknown to you. You have no idea what type of finances most of us larger contractors make. So stop talking like you know what we can and can't offer. I will tell you flat out that mostly of what you have seen in your terminal is probably crap contractors that wanted to horde as much as they could. That has no bearing on what we can and a lot of us do offer to our employees.

Its still only about half what UPS drivers get, if your drivers don't get at least 50 grand a year you are still screwing them. Also don't pretend that some of us don't know how much you get paid for everything you do, per stop, package, pickup, bonuses the whole nine yards. That's why when you say you can't afford a raise we know you are full of :censored2:.

FedGT

Its still only about half what UPS drivers get, if your drivers don't get at least 50 grand a year you are still screwing them. Also don't pretend that some of us don't know how much you get paid for everything you do, per stop, package, pickup, bonuses the whole nine yards. That's why when you say you can't afford a raise we know you are full of :censored2:.

So pretty much you are a pissy driver that thinks you should be making more than you are worth. I can tell you even without knowing you that you do not deserve a high Ground salary, your attitude dictates that. You have already shown your only intentions are to combat everything that any of us say so you really aren't worth any further responses from me. I don't pretend anything info is out there that others can obtain, my drivers are happy so the last person I need to appease is you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So pretty much you are a pissy driver that thinks you should be making more than you are worth. I can tell you even without knowing you that you do not deserve a high Ground salary, your attitude dictates that. You have already shown your only intentions are to combat everything that any of us say so you really aren't worth any further responses from me. I don't pretend anything info is out there that others can obtain, my drivers are happy so the last person I need to appease is you.

How come all the Ground drivers I encounter are either on a low flat-rate salary or only making $13 per hour? None of them say they make more than this, have benefits of any kind, or get OT.

It will be fine

How come all the Ground drivers I encounter are either on a low flat-rate salary or only making $13 per hour? None of them say they make more than this, have benefits of any kind, or get OT.
Because they're all on your route so they all work for the same contractor. I doubt you interact with many.

FedGT

Few different reasons. One most of the drivers you are talking to are probably in the same geographical area so they are going to make similar to what the other drivers are. Two, my intentions are not to defend all contractors, there are more cheap ***es than good ones out there. Three, a lot of drivers embellish hours, I had a driver a year ago complain to me about hours. He started calculating it when he woke up (an hour before getting to the terminal) got to the terminal 45 min earlier than I wanted him there because he liked talking with a lot of my other drivers, after his work was done he stayed out and closed a couple Kinkos for a family member that was also a contractor (I told him to stop since I knew it was going to burn him out, but he didn't) then once again calculated in his drive home before he was "done with his day". Granted that is not common with most but I do have people try to calculate commute times into hours quite frequently.

Bounty

You are full of it, like I said when I'm out all the lies of contractors will be out in the public. Just make sure all your stuff is in order.

bbsam

Staff member
You are full of it, like I said when I'm out all the lies of contractors will be out in the public. Just make sure all your stuff is in order.
Lol. Do you think you're the first to have that idea? I'll let you in on a "not so secret" secret: the public doesn't care.

FedGT

"I am full of it"???
What did I say in that post that you can even disagree with?
The only thing that is even possible is that my drivers are happy. You are really that outraged about me saying that?

FedGT

Ok there "deepthroat" I'm sure your hard hitting analysis will be bringing down the corporations and shaking America to its core!!

Bounty

Lol. Do you think you're the first to have that idea? I'll let you in on a "not so secret" secret: the public doesn't care.
The public doesn't care but the irs might and the labor board might. If your house is in order you have nothing to worry about.

FedGT

The public doesn't care but the irs might and the labor board might. If your house is in order you have nothing to worry about.

Okay, even better. So what you are saying is you are going to tell the IRS on other contractors who aren't paying their taxes correctly. In that case my house in in plenty of order but if you are wanting to make that happen you better make sure yours is. Single route owners are the worst contractors in terms of tax evasion. You would be their first audit if they wanted to pursue anything (which they probably won't). Then you spend countless hours talking to labor board about overtime which you don't have any first hand information or accounts on either.

This defines the type of person you are very well. The company "screws you" even though writing on the wall for 7 years. So instead of going after the company you are wanting to screw over as many contractors as you can (single or multi) even though none of them did this to you. Even though you have profited from this company for longer than a lot of other contractors you want to bring down.
Class act!

Last edited:

Bounty

Okay, even better. So what you are saying is you are going to tell the IRS on other contractors who aren't paying their taxes correctly. In that case my house in in plenty of order but if you are wanting to make that happen you better make sure yours is. Single route owners are the worst contractors in terms of tax evasion. You would be their first audit if they wanted to pursue anything (which they probably won't). Then you spend countless hours talking to labor board about overtime which you don't have any first hand information or accounts on either.

This defines the type of person you are very well. The company "screws you" even though writing on the wall for 7 years. So instead of going after the company you are wanting to screw over as many contractors as you can (single or multi) even though none of them did this to you. Even though you have profited from this company for longer than a lot of other contractors you want to bring down.
Class act!
I turned into a bottom feeder. Must be contagious.