Government run "anything"......

rickyb

ticks-.jpg

http://quotes.lifehack.org/media/quotes/quote-Malcolm-X-you-show-me-a-capitalist-and-ill-134291.png

rickyb

Some ignorance from Malcolm X....
How can a capitalist that adds wealth to society be a bloodsucker? A capitalist employs people who can now earn a living for their family in turn buying stuff from others which builds those lives and so on.

We owe everything to capitalism, everything.

you'd be suprised how many activists and famous academics think we need to eliminate capitalism and replace it with worker control of the job. even martin luther king was saying we needed systemic change to get rid of racism and poverty, but u dont hear that nowadays because its too radical for the establishment

just look at all the worker complaints on this forum about how the capitalists are running UPS. theres no way alot of this :censored2: would fly if workers were in charge, and voting every day. and it would be democratic too.

when malcolm refers to capitalism as bloodsucking hes probably making reference to the fact that theres usually a big gap between what an employer pays a worker, and how much an employer benefits from that worker. its more true now than ever, i think productivity has doubled in the last 40 years, but wages are flat or declining in america.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
.."you'd be suprised how many activists and famous academics think we need to eliminate capitalism and replace it with worker control of the job. ..." (rickyb.)

How Many ???????

moreluck

golden ticket member
you'd be suprised how many activists and famous academics think we need to eliminate capitalism and replace it with worker control of the job. even martin luther king was saying we needed systemic change to get rid of racism and poverty, but u dont hear that nowadays because its too radical for the establishment

just look at all the worker complaints on this forum about how the capitalists are running UPS. theres no way alot of this :censored2: would fly if workers were in charge, and voting every day. and it would be democratic too.

when malcolm refers to capitalism as bloodsucking hes probably making reference to the fact that theres usually a big gap between what an employer pays a worker, and how much an employer benefits from that worker. its more true now than ever, i think productivity has doubled in the last 40 years, but wages are flat or declining in america.

.)

Last edited by a moderator:

rickyb

some examples of government doing it better than capitalism:

healthcare, vacation as a right, libraries, police, news (in the case of RT america it is wayy better than the corporate owned news like CNN)

JL 0513

rickyb, it is clear you don't even understand what capitalism is. And sadly because of our government run schools and liberal media, 10's of millions of Americans have no idea as well.

Did you know it was Karl Marx who coined the phrase capitalism? The word itself is made to sound negative and paint a picture of an evil rich person who resembles the monopoly guy.

Capitalism is simply the FREE market, although it is now so highly regulated which is why we have slowed growth so much.

Most of each and every day you live, you are engaged in this free market. Everything you touch, own, eat, or whatever is the result of someone making something that you bought. That's capitalism. Without it, welcome to a place like N. Korea or worse where you have nothing and are starving.

Now stop typing on your computer because some capitalist by the name of Bill Gates made it possible for you to afford one.

some examples of government doing it better than capitalism:

healthcare, vacation as a right, libraries, police, news (in the case of RT america it is wayy better than the corporate owned news like CNN)

The government doesn't do healthcare. Healthcare is all generated by the private sector. Government just takes tax dollars and pays some people's bills. By the way, government is the biggest denier of healthcare if you must know.

And how is vacation a right? You don't understand what "rights" are either.

rickyb

rickyb, it is clear you don't even understand what capitalism is. And sadly because of our government run schools and liberal media, 10's of millions of Americans have no idea as well.

Did you know it was Karl Marx who coined the phrase capitalism? The word itself is made to sound negative and paint a picture of an evil rich person who resembles the monopoly guy.

Capitalism is simply the FREE market, although it is now so highly regulated which is why we have slowed growth so much.

Most of each and every day you live, you are engaged in this free market. Everything you touch, own, eat, or whatever is the result of someone making something that you bought. That's capitalism. Without it, welcome to a place like N. Korea or worse where you have nothing and are starving.

Now stop typing on your computer because some capitalist by the name of Bill Gates made it possible for you to afford one.

The government doesn't do healthcare. Healthcare is all generated by the private sector. Government just takes tax dollars and pays some people's bills. By the way, government is the biggest denier of healthcare if you must know.

And how is vacation a right? You don't understand what "rights" are either.

haha you might want to look outside of your country. i obviously wasnt talking about america. yes, in the states vacation is negotiated on the market between employees and employers and you know what, statistically americans take less vacation than the european, and auzzies where the government has vacation planned at 4 or more weeks as a right. that is a failure of the market. what is the point of working if u are limited to 2 weeks vacation. wheres the adventure?

i know the us healthcare system is the only developed country that is privatized and lightly regulated and it is a distaster! all kinds of corporate bureaucracy, and fraud. look it up. on top of that harvard medical estimates 45000 americans die unnecessarily each year because of a lack of access to healthcare. thats equivalent to 9/11 15x every year...but u wont hear the so called liberal mainstream media talk about it because they are too busy keeping you afraid of the big bad terrorists.

yes because the pentagon and military industrial complex had nothing to do with computers or the internet for decades ;)

there has never been a free market. government has always been involved. corporations are command economies anyways.

no he didnt. and btw karl marx offered a major critique of capitalism and is very popular for his analysis of it. he said capitalism would not deliver "equality, brotherhood, and liberty" which is what hte french and american revolutions were about. and what little he did say about communism was that it is worker control of the jobs, not a boss or capitalist dictating everything. americans were afraid for about 60 years to listen to marx's theory, but theres been progress. a big part of that was the major capitalists who rule society dont want people to know about a theory which ends their reign.

bernie sanders whos running for prez agrees with karl marx and is proposing worker control aka cooperatives. https://berniesanders.com/issues/

an enlightened person would listen to the important people who are in favor of capitalism, and the important people who critique it.

have u heard about the US inequality or worldwide inequality??? i would say an evil rich guy paints a good picture of capitalism.

rickyb

^^I feel bad for you man. Where do you live?

hey if u think capitalism is so wonderful, how many adventures (more than 2 days out of your home town) do you go on in a year?

now how much travelling do you think the people who own UPS go on each year?

how much money do you earn, and how much money do the majority owners of UPS earn which is dependent on your labor?

Last edited:

JL 0513

hey if u think capitalism is so wonderful, how many adventures (more than 2 days out of your home town) do you go on in a year?

now how much travelling do you think the people who own UPS go on each year?

how much money do you earn, and how much money do the majority owners of UPS earn which is dependent on your labor?

It's hard to argue something so simple as the merits of the free market with someone who is blind to the very benefits it brings to you. I don't know how you can't understand the very reason you don't live in a cave and why you don't have to go out each day and hope to catch your next meal with a spear. Capitalism. it really shouldn't need to be spelled out to you.

Tell me, how does your precious government get money to do all the wonderful things that it does? The private sector. So if you take the free market away, government has $0. Then what? Following me?

To answer your question about vacations. UPS drivers get up to 6 weeks paid a year. Pretty damn good. Who cares what our CEO makes? You really expect such a job to be on equal ground as the drivers when the decisions you make can cost billions of dollars? Being a CEO is immensely stressful. Most people would never want the job, just like being President. People are paid based on what the free market dictates. It's a beautiful thing. Everyone equal makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
It's hard to argue something so simple as the merits of the free market with someone who is blind to the very benefits it brings to you. I don't know how you can't understand the very reason you don't live in a cave and why you don't have to go out each day and hope to catch your next meal with a spear. Capitalism. it really shouldn't need to be spelled out to you.

Tell me, how does your precious government get money to do all the wonderful things that it does? The private sector. So if you take the free market away, government has $0. Then what? Following me?

To answer your question about vacations. UPS drivers get up to 6 weeks paid a year. Pretty damn good.

He doesn't live in a cave. Just his parents basement.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Wait a second.
Which is it? You say we have slowed growth because of the over regulated market, yet you say that everyday we are all engaged in the free market.
Fact is, there is no such thing as a free market, anywhere. There probably never has been such a thing in recorded history. It's just rhetoric.

Last edited:

rickyb

To answer your question about vacations. UPS drivers get up to 6 weeks paid a year. Pretty damn good. Who cares what our CEO makes? You really expect such a job to be on equal ground as the drivers when the decisions you make can cost billions of dollars? Being a CEO is immensely stressful. Most people would never want the job, just like being President. People are paid based on what the free market dictates. It's a beautiful thing. Everyone equal makes absolutely no sense.

lets not forget technology and standards of living improved under slavery. thats not justification for it though, nor should it be for capitalism.

yes so do railway workers but it takes 18 years of seniority, or 10 years of seniority to do it. in Europe the government says you have 4, 5, 6 weeks vacation as a right from the moment you turn 18. its planned out there. its left to the market here. now you tell me whos got it better.

markets are not unique to capitalism either. markets existed in slavery too.

JL 0513

Wait a second.
Which is it? You say we have slowed growth because of the over regulated market, yet you say that everyday we are all engaged in the free market.
Fact is, there is no such thing as a free market, anywhere. There probably never has been such a thing in recorded history. It's just rhetoric.

You know what I mean. You know full well that the American system is a free market capitalist system but one that is heavy on laws and regulations. Obviously, no market can be 100% free of laws because every society is filled with criminals. "Free market" is a loose term that best describes our system. You can invent a new word if you feel you need to.

Are you not engaged in this market everyday? I could rattle off 10,000 ways you are on a daily basis. Just typing your ignorant post required a computer connected to the internet that can be traced back to the discovery of electricity. Millions of people, and trillions of dollars worth of capitalism has brought us to this revolution at our fingertips.