Government shut DOWN

vantexan

no and yes and both questions to MY personal history are irrelevant. I've been working since I was a child.my parents divorced when I was 13 and had it not been for food stamps, there was no way my mother was going to be able to feed us on her full time salary. She was ashamed to have to pull those things out of here purse in front of our neighbors and with all us kids getting PT jobs it was still a struggle to keep the lights on.
You assume that everyone that is on assistance is doing so by choice. I can assure you they are not. Most are just as proud as you but have fallen on hard times through no fault of their own.
sure there are still air traffic controllers in the towers. There is still an interstate highway system to drive on. (Did you think they were going to roll it up and stick it in a warehouse until the shut down is resolved?) here is what's going on with the highways. No engineering, no repairs, no inspections. The infrastructure in the country is bad enough, this delay will only make it worse. But that's what affects poor little Sniper. To hell with those Vets who need medical treatment and those infants on WIC. They should go out and get jobs right?
Yes there is inefficiency in the public sector. There is also plenty of inefficiency in the private sector as well. You and the rest of the tea party types are selfish twits who want something for nothing. You are happy to drive on the roads.happy to enjoy the protection of the military, the border patrol, the FDA. You just don't want to pay taxes. You think the private sector can take over everything the government does. And you think everyone who takes government assistance is choosing not to work. It's what you hear in that echo chamber world you live in.

There are those who are embarrassed to use food stamps and those who aren't. I'm all for a safety net, not a way of life. Think it doesn't happen? I've talked to many cashiers who tell me food stamp holders get cash back when they use their card and spend much of it on alcohol and cigarettes. And well intentioned Democrats made it possible for single mothers to get more and more assistance with every child. Think that hasn't had a negative effect on those kids? The family unit? Want to get people off of assistance? They must work for the aid, and if there aren't jobs available put them to work cleaning streets or whatever. If anything it may encourage their kids to try harder in school so they don't end up that way.

hypo hanna

There are those who are embarrassed to use food stamps and those who aren't. I'm all for a safety net, not a way of life. Think it doesn't happen? I've talked to many cashiers who tell me food stamp holders get cash back when they use their card and spend much of it on alcohol and cigarettes. And well intentioned Democrats made it possible for single mothers to get more and more assistance with every child. Think that hasn't had a negative effect on those kids? The family unit? Want to get people off of assistance? They must work for the aid, and if there aren't jobs available put them to work cleaning streets or whatever. If anything it may encourage their kids to try harder in school so they don't end up that way.
Yes by all means, destroy the country over a small percentage of welfare cheats. Brilliant!

Sniper

I've been working since I was a child.my parents

Me also on several points. Dad passed when I was 7 Mama never remarried, have one sister.

Paper route from 12-16 years old 7 days a week 365 a year, until I could get a "real job" at Red Lobster. (now I'm 49 and have a "paper route", I reminded my Mama of that the other day and she smiled). I have a job, and a good one. It does pay better and I have benefits, more than most around here.

It kind of sucked when I was a kid but that was my choice. Had to get a sub to go fishing in Canada, could rarely spend the night at a friends house on Fri or Sat night. The one thing I liked about it was I was 14 years old and always had $50.00 to $75.00 on me. I liked to make money but I liked to spend it too. "wants and needs"

The vets are still being cared for and no children are going without milk. At the same time we can "Pay" government employees to "cone off" or barricade national parks that "WE" paid for that are normally open to the public without staff. Even President Clinton didn't do that during the "shutdown" back then.

The POTUS takes the cake on this one...

The term counter productive sure comes to mind very quickly. Divide and conquer.

Another reason I love my job most days is because I'm out in the public, just like all of us. A lot of people need assistance I see them. I also see the folks every WEEK in line at the food pantry in Chilhowie and Saltville in very nice cars, smoking cigarettes while they are waiting on the "free cheese".

I deliver medical supplies to the bed ridden. I deliver cell phones to the twenty-thirty year old's as well.

Sure we need government but we could cut government spending, employees by 25% and NEVER miss them. I know, been there done that at all three "levels" of government.

Keep in mind my 3rd part time job that pays 1.00 a year. I talk the talk, but walk the walk as well. I have been doing that for 17 years now, but again that is my choice. That is my time I donate to the local "government" because I love that "job" most days as well.

BOTH parties are guilty of overspending. I would also like to remind everyone how Senator Obama voted on the debt ceiling increase while he was in the Senate, he didn't vote "present" on that one but NO.

More government is not the answer, look at the financial situation in many cities. We are financially ruined already, we just don't know it yet.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Me also on several points. Dad passed when I was 7 Mama never remarried, have one sister.

Paper route from 12-16 years old 7 days a week 365 a year, until I could get a "real job" at Red Lobster. (now I'm 49 and have a "paper route", I reminded my Mama of that the other day and she smiled). I have a job, and a good one. It does pay better and I have benefits, more than most around here.

It kind of sucked when I was a kid but that was my choice. Had to get a sub to go fishing in Canada, could rarely spend the night at a friends house on Fri or Sat night. The one thing I liked about it was I was 14 years old and always had $50.00 to $75.00 on me. I liked to make money but I liked to spend it too. "wants and needs"

The vets are still being cared for and no children are going without milk. At the same time we can "Pay" government employees to "cone off" or barricade national parks that "WE" paid for that are normally open to the public without staff. Even President Clinton didn't do that during the "shutdown" back then.

The POTUS takes the cake on this one...

The term counter productive sure comes to mind very quickly. Divide and conquer.

Another reason I love my job most days is because I'm out in the public, just like all of us. A lot of people need assistance I see them. I also see the folks every WEEK in line at the food pantry in Chilhowie and Saltville in very nice cars, smoking cigarettes while they are waiting on the "free cheese".

I deliver medical supplies to the bed ridden. I deliver cell phones to the twenty-thirty year old's as well.

Sure we need government but we could cut government spending, employees by 25% and NEVER miss them. I know, been there done that at all three "levels" of government.

Keep in mind my 3rd part time job that pays 1.00 a year. I talk the talk, but walk the walk as well. I have been doing that for 17 years now, but again that is my choice. That is my time I donate to the local "government" because I love that "job" most days as well.

BOTH parties are guilty of overspending. I would also like to remind everyone how Senator Obama voted on the debt ceiling increase while he was in the Senate, he didn't vote "present" on that one but NO.

More government is not the answer, look at the financial situation in many cities. We are financially ruined already, we just don't know it yet.

I never saw a bunch of cry babies like today's republicans.

Bunch of losers whose mommy keeps telling them people like em.

You'll keep losing elections for the foreseeable future, you'll also think you still won, its a mental illness.

MAKAVELI

We have to "pass it" to know what's in it....lmao :happy-very:
Ignorance is bliss, especially in your part of the country. As much as you like to talk about yourself, I doubt much of what you say is reality. You want to know where I live? Look up 1600 Pennsylvania ave, DC on Google Earth. Don't tell me show me. Lmao

overflowed

Ignorance is bliss, especially in your part of the country. As much as you like to talk about yourself, I doubt much of what you say is reality. You want to know where I live? Look up 1600 Pennsylvania ave, DC on Google Earth. Don't tell me show me. Lmao

You have a nice house.

MAKAVELI

You have a nice house.
Yes, I bought it with the money I make from this wonderful job that I love most mornings. I also sell weed at the local pot shop and volunteer for the swat team in my spare time. My experience as an army ranger special forces in Iraq, Afghanistan, 2 tours each, really keeps me focused on del pkgs and selling weed to the many glaucoma patients. On the swat team I'm the guy who gets the team their donuts an coffee but they let me wear those cool fatigues and helmet. By the way I'm thinking of painting my house black. What do you think?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes, I bought it with the money I make from this wonderful job that I love most mornings. I also sell weed at the local pot shop and volunteer for the swat team in my spare time. My experience as an army ranger special forces in Iraq, Afghanistan, 2 tours each, really keeps me focused on del pkgs and selling weed to the many glaucoma patients. On the swat team I'm the guy who gets the team their donuts an coffee but they let me wear those cool fatigues and helmet. By the way I'm thinking of painting my house black. What do you think?

YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE...a great American. Thank you for your service. I think painting your house black is a great idea because then the CIA helicopters will be invisible to the Commie satellites when they land on your roof. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

Sniper

As much as you like to talk about yourself, I doubt much of what you say is reality. You want to know where I live? Look up 1600 Pennsylvania ave, DC on Google Earth. Don't tell me show me. Lmao

Negative that house is vacant right now. Ignorance is bliss.

ZERO leadership but "I can barricade the taxpayers property to SHOW YOU" pathetic but what do you expect from a community organizer.

I'm easy to find. Call me out, I will show you not TELL you. Look up Tennessee Public Service Commission and I will be glad to send the depositions to you via FedEx.

That's the difference between whining and moaning and fighting the good fight. Talk is cheap, testifying in Federal Court isn't. I left the organization over far worse things than most on here accuse Fred of doing.

I did something. I stood my ground, looked for a CAREER and the TPSC ceased to exist within 2 years. The wheels of justice grind slow but in the end justice was done and I have ZERO regrets.

It is what it is.

Talk is cheap. Government was corrupt back then and that is one thing that hasn't "CHANGED"...

The debt, unemployment, under employment, and guess what hasn't. The FAA re-authorization bill.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Negative that house is vacant right now. Ignorance is bliss.

ZERO leadership but "I can barricade the taxpayers property to SHOW YOU" pathetic but what do you expect from a community organizer.

I'm easy to find. Call me out, I will show you not TELL you. Look up Tennessee Public Service Commission and I will be glad to send the depositions to you via FedEx.

That's the difference between whining and moaning and fighting the good fight. Talk is cheap, testifying in Federal Court isn't. I left the organization over far worse things than most on here accuse Fred of doing.

I did something. I stood my ground, looked for a CAREER and the TPSC ceased to exist within 2 years. The wheels of justice grind slow but in the end justice was done and I have ZERO regrets.

It is what it is.

Talk is cheap. Government was corrupt back then and that is one thing that hasn't "CHANGED"...

The debt, unemployment, under employment, and guess what hasn't. The FAA re-authorization bill.

You know, what you say is pretty much a REPEAT OF FOX NEWS TALKING POINTS. Barack Obama was a US Senator, and president of the Harvard Law Review. I'LL SHOW YOU, not tell you. The FAA Bill didn't change because both sides of the aisle are corrupt and easily purchased as whores by scum like FWS. He's a Republican scumbag by the way. I'LL SHOW YOU HE'S A CRIMINAL, not tell you.

Fred's a :censored2:. It is what it is.

Sniper

I'LL SHOW YOU, not tell you. The FAA Bill didn't change because both sides of the aisle are corrupt and easily purchased as whores by scum like FWS. He's a Republican scumbag by the way. I'LL SHOW YOU HE'S A CRIMINAL, not tell you.

Fred's a :censored2:. It is what it is.

No the FAA didn't change because the Dems had ALL the power and 1/2 of the corruption.

I worked for real criminals and that particular agency does NOT exist anymore.

If you dislike Fred that much why are you still cashing his checks every week? When I walked out of TPSC my checks stopped YEARS before justice was done. That's the difference between us. My convictions overrode my checkbook, but I have no regrets and love my job most days. :happy-very:

vantexan

I never saw a bunch of cry babies like today's republicans.

Bunch of losers whose mommy keeps telling them people like em.

You'll keep losing elections for the foreseeable future, you'll also think you still won, its a mental illness.

Issues, bubba, issues. Attack personally all you want, but can you win on issues? Dems get voted in because huge groups want gov't goodies. But when the country is run into the ground with Obamacare even they will turn on the Dems.

vantexan

Yes by all means, destroy the country over a small percentage of welfare cheats. Brilliant!

I doubt millions make up a small percentage. And I said I'm all for a safety net. But when it becomes a way of life it's a problem. The shutdown isn't destroying the country, and there have been numerous shutdowns over the years. I'd rather they shut it down to at least attempt a compromise on Obamacare than have the Dems ram everything through and hurt us when it's implemented.

Sniper

Issues, bubba, issues. Attack personally all you want, but can you win on issues? Dems get voted in because huge groups want gov't goodies. But when the country is run into the ground with Obamacare even they will turn on the Dems.

It's already hit the iceberg, the economy is worse now that in the BEST days of Carter, I know he is smiling now...just like I am.

vantexan

It's already hit the iceberg, the economy is worse now that in the BEST days of Carter, I know he is smiling now...just like I am.

I worked in a supermarket as a teenager during Carter's admin and was in charge of price changes. Inflation was ridiculous. Obama has spent enough but it's what he's attempting to do that will push us over the cliff.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Another FOX talking point, van. All Democratic voters want "free stuff". How about all those corporate tax loopholes, farm subsidies, and outright pork that Republicans stand for? That's a lot more money than Obamaphones or some of the rest of the crap FAUX dreams-up.

vantexan

Another FOX talking point, van. All Democratic voters want "free stuff". How about all those corporate tax loopholes, farm subsidies, and outright pork that Republicans stand for? That's a lot more money than Obamaphones or some of the rest of the crap FAUX dreams-up.

You mean loopholes designed to assist business so that they can employ more people? Sure there's problems, but the biggest budget problem is entitlement spending and the interest on the debt to pay for it.