Government shut DOWN

Sniper

No matter which company signs our paychecks we are in the world that "works".

I saw a couple of deer and a flock of turkeys today in Mt. Rogers National park. They were oblivious to the "shut down" and were working to eat just like the rest of us. I couldn't help smiling as I drove by the park visitors center seeing the gate was closed. The squirrels, deer, turkeys and one hawk could care less. We might be on to something here... less government is better? Why pay for it if we don't "NEED" it in our day to day lives.

If the "non-essential" employees are so insignificant why are we paying them anyway? Unfortunately a "compromise" will be "WORKED" out, the pay will be reinstated and we will continue down the road of spending ourselves to the sad end of the train tracks.

No matter which company signs your check. No matter your political views or party affiliation the following statement is so true.

FedEx vs. Government Bureaucracy -- Newt Gingrich - YouTube

I hope everyone of you had a good day at work. I did. The leaves are turning and fall is in the air.:happy-very:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I saw a couple of deer and a flock of turkeys today in Mt. Rogers National park. They were oblivious to the "shut down" and were working to eat just like the rest of us. I couldn't help smiling as I drove by the park visitors center seeing the gate was closed. The squirrels, deer, turkeys and one hawk could care less. We might be on to something here... less government is better? Why pay for it if we don't "NEED" it in our day to day lives.

If the "non-essential" employees are so insignificant why are we paying them anyway? Unfortunately a "compromise" will be "WORKED" out, the pay will be reinstated and we will continue down the road of spending ourselves to the sad end of the train tracks.

No matter which company signs your check. No matter your political views or party affiliation the following statement is so true.

I hope everyone of you had a good day at work. I did. The leaves are turning and fall is in the air.:happy-very:

If Newt Gingrich said it, it's BS. Don't even need to watch Newtie, who was screwing his now-wife while his then-wife had cancer. Swell guy, and as crooked as they come. At the same time, he was calling for Clinton's head because Bill got some head.

The more you post, the more you sound like you drink the Lipton. That's scary.

Sniper

That's right. Don't even need to watch it. Mr. Doom and Gloom preaching his misery to everyone... :happy-very:

No "free exchange" of ideas.

They are all crooked....that's how they get to Washington. Better to know your "friend" that you love to hate, than know the "friends" that failed to pass the FAA bill....

and your still "hoping" for "change"

In this economy I am glad to have a job, much less a job that pays much better than most around here and 6 weeks off to enjoy my family.

It is what it is....

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's right. Don't even need to watch it. Mr. Doom and Gloom preaching his misery to everyone... :happy-very:

No "free exchange" of ideas.

They are all crooked....that's how they get to Washington. Better to know your "friend" that you love to hate, than know the "friends" that failed to pass the FAA bill....

and your still "hoping" for "change"

In this economy I am glad to have a job, much less a job that pays much better than most around here and 6 weeks off to enjoy my family.

It is what it is....

What you are is a Tea Party bozo. Newt Gingrich is a known commodity, which is a crook and a cheat. That's my "free exchange" on Newtie. You are really starting to sound like a shill, Sniper. It's all about being "glad to have a job" even if it is a crap job. That's a FedEx mantra, and also a Republican mantra. "Be glad" when Fred drops another turd on you because it's God's will and "it is what it is".

Here's what it is, OK? A conservative billionaire (Smith) and his GOP buddies selling Simpletons like you the idea that you've got a great deal, even though you don't. You should bend down and kiss Fred's ring because he has given you a job, which is exactly the attitude Fred and his GOP buddies want you to have. Most FedEx employees have lost about 30% of their take-home pay over the last 10 years, and they stand to lose more. Our wages and benefits have NOT kept up with the cost of living. Every year, you go backwards. "It is what it is", and dude, you're sounding an awful lot like your cousin Dano.

Maui

I didn't watch the video, but LOVE fall in East TN. Football time and Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.

Sniper

What you are is a Tea Party bozo. You are really starting to sound like a shill, Sniper. It's all about being "glad to have a job" even if it is a crap job.

You are so full of crap with that statement I don't even know where to begin. It will be short and sweet. You have repeatedly "called me out" and I have backed up everything I have said with the FACTS. No "shill" here, or BS either, or Danno, or smokey the bear, goober, andy...whatever. Your "scared" to even reveal your market level....silly you.

You know where I work. You know where I live. You even know where the shop is. I am REAL easy to find. The Tea Party would be doing good to catch up with my libertarian views.

I suggest you do one of four things.

1. Come burn a "teamster" horse head emblem in my front yard, I'm easy to find. I will even supply the lighter and we will roast "marsh mellows".

2. Open your OWN small business, (while your working full time) then you can tell me all about big business.

3. Shut down FedEx....(sorry Obummer stuck that one right in you) that ship sailed 2010. You know I'm smiling now.

4. Be content with your "power" hiding behind a keyboard spreading misery to everyone who listens, if anyone objects you have a pocket full of race cards.

My money is you choose Door number 4. My money also says we will both cash our checks Friday. It is what it is...like it or not. I just happen to LOVE my job most days.

Don't tell me.... SHOW ME

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I kind of agree. If we are neck deep in debt we should be cutting all non essential government jobs. Our whole government was founded on the idea of providing what had to be provided nothing more.

Sniper

Yup a Govt. Full of Millionaires telling the rest how to live! Meanwhile they will still collect their paychecks

Exactly and now they have INTRUDED into our HEALTHCARE...the largest expansion and power grab bar none... it is what it is

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are so full of crap with that statement I don't even know where to begin. It will be short and sweet. You have repeatedly "called me out" and I have backed up everything I have said with the FACTS. No "shill" here, or BS either, or Danno, or smokey the bear, goober, andy...whatever. Your "scared" to even reveal your market level....silly you.

You know where I work. You know where I live. You even know where the shop is. I am REAL easy to find. The Tea Party would be doing good to catch up with my libertarian views.

I suggest you do one of four things.

1. Come burn a "teamster" horse head emblem in my front yard, I'm easy to find. I will even supply the lighter and we will roast "marsh mellows".

2. Open your OWN small business, (while your working full time) then you can tell me all about big business.

3. Shut down FedEx....(sorry Obummer stuck that one right in you) that ship sailed 2010. You know I'm smiling now.

4. Be content with your "power" hiding behind a keyboard spreading misery to everyone who listens, if anyone objects you have a pocket full of race cards.

My money is you choose Door number 4. My money also says we will both cash our checks Friday. It is what it is...like it or not. I just happen to LOVE my job most days.

Don't tell me.... SHOW ME

What if I show you that you've been a dupe for Fred? I can SHOW YOU, but only if you LISTEN.

MAKAVELI

Yup a Govt. Full of Millionaires telling the rest how to live! Meanwhile they will still collect their paychecks

Exactly and now they have INTRUDED into our HEALTHCARE...the largest expansion and power grab bar none... it is what it is
Just how did Obama intrude into the FedEx self insurance scam and not into the UPS health benefits plan? Don't tell me, show me.

hypo hanna

i bet these wounded veterans and poor children on WIC would think this "nonessential" employees are very essential. The young couple trying to buy their first home. someone trying to get a passport to see a dying relative in another country would see these peoeple as essential. I'm sure the famalies that depend on the paycheck find them essential.

​ I would bet if you ended up eating tainted food or took worthless medicine because there are no FDA inspectors on the job, you would find them most useful. Without those nonessential government workers I'm 100% certain there would not have been much Deer, Turkeys and Hawks for you to gaze upon while you reflect on how great this shut down is.

Last edited:

bigbird00

Mrfedex,Newt isn't a Tea party guy.He's not even that conservitive.Yes they are all crooked to a point.Righties.Lefties.Tea baggers.They are all in bed together.Barack said the sky was gonna fall and I'am still waiting.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mrfedex,Newt isn't a Tea party guy.He's not even that conservitive.Yes they are all crooked to a point.Righties.Lefties.Tea baggers.They are all in bed together.Barack said the sky was gonna fall and I'am still waiting.

Newt isn't conservative? Where did you get that from?

Sniper

i bet these wounded veterans and poor children on WIC would think this "nonessential" employees are very essential. The young couple trying to buy their first home. someone trying to get a passport to see a dying relative in another country would see these peoeple as essential. I'm sure the famalies that depend on the paycheck find them essential.

​ I would bet if you ended up eating tainted food or took worthless medicine because there are no FDA inspectors on the job, you would find them most useful. Without those nonessential government workers I'm 100% certain there would not have been much Deer, Turkeys and Hawks for you to gaze upon while you reflect on how great this shut down is.

I understand your concerns but have you EVER worked for the government? I have X 3. Fed, state and local.

The "non-essentials" have been closed 2 days and the planes are still flying and we are still driving.

Another "fact" I will share is when I got hired at FedEx I left a full time job (my decision) for a part time job at FedEx, I knew that going in. I was eligible for food stamps and I had two children in diapers. (that was back in the day) when "the government" sent you a coupon book in the mail and it was very "embarrassing" to pull that out to pay for food for my family.

According to all the "old timers" here...the good old days of FedEx. 92-94.

I was so glad to get "full time". As a matter of fact I got fired going "full time".

That was a HAND-UP to better myself, not a HAND-OUT.

Much less a way of life....like it is today and getting worse by the day.

I'm all about helping mankind but keeping them up at my expense while I work my butt off is not COOL.

Maui grew up in this area and it is economically depressed but we are proud.

Now I must ask you two questions. Have you ever worked for the government or have you ever gotten food stamps?

I have. It is what it is.

hypo hanna

I understand your concerns but have you EVER worked for the government? I have X 3. Fed, state and local.

The "non-essentials" have been closed 2 days and the planes are still flying and we are still driving.

Another "fact" I will share is when I got hired at FedEx I left a full time job (my decision) for a part time job at FedEx, I knew that going in. I was eligible for food stamps and I had two children in diapers. (that was back in the day) when "the government" sent you a coupon book in the mail and it was very "embarrassing" to pull that out to pay for food for my family.

According to all the "old timers" here...the good old days of FedEx. 92-94.

I was so glad to get "full time". As a matter of fact I got fired going "full time".

That was a HAND-UP to better myself, not a HAND-OUT.

Much less a way of life....like it is today and getting worse by the day.

I'm all about helping mankind but keeping them up at my expense while I work my butt off is not COOL.

Maui grew up in this area and it is economically depressed but we are proud.

Now I must ask you two questions. Have you ever worked for the government or have you ever gotten food stamps?

I have. It is what it is.

no and yes and both questions to MY personal history are irrelevant. I've been working since I was a child.my parents divorced when I was 13 and had it not been for food stamps, there was no way my mother was going to be able to feed us on her full time salary. She was ashamed to have to pull those things out of here purse in front of our neighbors and with all us kids getting PT jobs it was still a struggle to keep the lights on.
You assume that everyone that is on assistance is doing so by choice. I can assure you they are not. Most are just as proud as you but have fallen on hard times through no fault of their own.
sure there are still air traffic controllers in the towers. There is still an interstate highway system to drive on. (Did you think they were going to roll it up and stick it in a warehouse until the shut down is resolved?) here is what's going on with the highways. No engineering, no repairs, no inspections. The infrastructure in the country is bad enough, this delay will only make it worse. But that's what affects poor little Sniper. To hell with those Vets who need medical treatment and those infants on WIC. They should go out and get jobs right?
Yes there is inefficiency in the public sector. There is also plenty of inefficiency in the private sector as well. You and the rest of the tea party types are selfish twits who want something for nothing. You are happy to drive on the roads.happy to enjoy the protection of the military, the border patrol, the FDA. You just don't want to pay taxes. You think the private sector can take over everything the government does. And you think everyone who takes government assistance is choosing not to work. It's what you hear in that echo chamber world you live in.

vantexan

What you are is a Tea Party bozo. Newt Gingrich is a known commodity, which is a crook and a cheat. That's my "free exchange" on Newtie. You are really starting to sound like a shill, Sniper. It's all about being "glad to have a job" even if it is a crap job. That's a FedEx mantra, and also a Republican mantra. "Be glad" when Fred drops another turd on you because it's God's will and "it is what it is".

Here's what it is, OK? A conservative billionaire (Smith) and his GOP buddies selling Simpletons like you the idea that you've got a great deal, even though you don't. You should bend down and kiss Fred's ring because he has given you a job, which is exactly the attitude Fred and his GOP buddies want you to have. Most FedEx employees have lost about 30% of their take-home pay over the last 10 years, and they stand to lose more. Our wages and benefits have NOT kept up with the cost of living. Every year, you go backwards. "It is what it is", and dude, you're sounding an awful lot like your cousin Dano.

​Memphis Congressmen tend to be both Democrat and pro-FedEx.