jeslinker

So all the seasonal workers get these huge weekly bonuses, must be there every day and on time, so at the end of peak they are looking at an extra $950 or so. Sups say that’s not us it’s the union! My mind I’d boggled! Another one, well they loose seniority and they’re not guaranteed a job, bla bla..well guess what, none of the seasonals at my hub are being let go!! No one is loosing seniority, yet they made a hella more than i did. Can i file a grievance against the union or should i start with going corporate for answers? I don’t mean to ramble but I’m super pissed! I started as a seasonal in 2014 and i got no bonuses and still lost seniority.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So all the seasonal workers get these huge weekly bonuses, must be there every day and on time, so at the end of peak they are looking at an extra $950 or so. Sups say that’s not us it’s the union! My mind I’d boggled! Another one, well they loose seniority and they’re not guaranteed a job, bla bla..well guess what, none of the seasonals at my hub are being let go!! No one is loosing seniority, yet they made a hella more than i did. Can i file a grievance against the union or should i start with going corporate for answers? I don’t mean to ramble but I’m super :censored2:! I started as a seasonal in 2014 and i got no bonuses and still lost seniority.

Union has nothing to do with bonuses paid. You were lied to

542thruNthru

So all the seasonal workers get these huge weekly bonuses, must be there every day and on time, so at the end of peak they are looking at an extra $950 or so. Sups say that’s not us it’s the union! My mind I’d boggled! Another one, well they loose seniority and they’re not guaranteed a job, bla bla..well guess what, none of the seasonals at my hub are being let go!! No one is loosing seniority, yet they made a hella more than i did. Can i file a grievance against the union or should i start with going corporate for answers? I don’t mean to ramble but I’m super :censored2:! I started as a seasonal in 2014 and i got no bonuses and still lost seniority.

What you're supervisor probably meant was your local allowed UPS to pay bonuses to seasonal workers to help retain them for the season. The reason they haven't been let go yet is because they are allowed to work them till Jan 15th. Unless your local has different language on the date.

In my opinion you have no grievance. Though I may be wrong. This thread should be in the union forum. @Indecisi0n make it happen.

542thruNthru

Though I have to say I would love to see my BAs face when he saw "James Hoffa" as the supervisor named on the grievance. :)

Last edited:

jeslinker

What you're supervisor probably meant was your local allowed UPS to pay bonuses to seasonal workers to help retain them for the season. The reason they haven't been let go yet is because they are allowed to work them till Jan 15th. Unless your local has different language on the date.

In my opinion you have no grievance. Though I may be wrong. This thread should be in the union forum. @Indecisi0n make it happen.
Well, that’s what I’m loo
What you're supervisor probably meant was your local allowed UPS to pay bonuses to seasonal workers to help retain them for the season. The reason they haven't been let go yet is because they are allowed to work them till Jan 15th

Opinions is what I’m looking for..it’s not just me but a lot of us have the same concerns which relate to fairness in the workplace. And we were told yesterday that the seasonals were retained indefinitely.

jeslinker

Opinions is what I’m looking for..it’s not just me but a lot of us have the same concerns which relate to fairness in the workplace. And we were told yesterday that the seasonals were retained indefinitely.

542thruNthru

Well, that’s what I’m loo

Then you are being lied to just to stir things up. (@Monkey Butt your sup?).

Seasonal employees can not be used indefinitely. The only way is to hire them all as permanent employees which I highly doubt every single one of them is going to be hired permanently. Even if they do id be shocked if they will continue to get the bonus.

brownIEman

If it makes you feel any better, if the seasonals are being kept in it means they are being hired as permanent employees. Their bonuses will stop, and then they can file a grievance because you are making more AND getting benefits that they will not get for a year.

Neither grievance will get very far though...

542thruNthru

If it makes you feel any better, if the seasonals are being kept in it means they are being hired as permanent employees. Their bonuses will stop, and then they can file a grievance because you are making more AND getting benefits that they will not get for a year.

Neither grievance will get very far though...

Just like a supe. Always late and piggy backing of someone else's work.

Been said already Suzy slow-mo. ;)

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You can quit and wait to get hired back on next years peak season as a seasonal. You will get the bonus and be right where they are right now. You will probably not be able to grievance them, the only thing you can do is speak up to fellow members. When the next contract comes make sure that there is language that prohibits bonuses for seasonal help, probably won’t happen so good luck.

Siekin67

I used to be seasonal and I can assure you we lose seniority when we are rehired. There are people on my line who I started before who technically have an equal amount of seniority as me because of this. The bonuses also have nothing to do with the union, it’s entirely the company as a way to attract people who would otherwise not work at UPS.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Local 104 filed NLRB charges on this bonus scheme two months ago. We feel we have a very strong case. I would ask your Steward to file an "all affected" Grievance.

The Union does not "allow" the Company to do anything. The Company acts, we react. Anytime Management claims the Union signed off on something you should treat that with extreme skepticism.

Higher Bonuses for Nonunion Employees an Unfair Labor Practice
Local 104 isn’t the only local to do this either....