Ground to Express. Mistake or not?

mjtrackman

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it. Also, "code82approved" and I worked side by side at the Milwaukee terminal and the guys truck is loaded everyday. Between our trucks there were easily 500-600 packages a day!

And just think, you get paid $12 or so an hour to hump all that freight. Do you see a logical disconnect there?

I was at 15.10 when u break down the weekly pay and the hours worked. I agree, ground drivers should be making a lot more for the services

MAKAVELI

Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it. Also, "code82approved" and I worked side by side at the Milwaukee terminal and the guys truck is loaded everyday. Between our trucks there were easily 500-600 packages a day!

And just think, you get paid $12 or so an hour to hump all that freight. Do you see a logical disconnect there?

I was at 15.10 when u break down the weekly pay and the hours worked. I agree, ground drivers should be making a lot more for the services
With no ot it definitely is not worth it. That is one way the contractors are taking advantage of you drivers. Doesn't matter the workload or how many hours you put in, the pay just doesn't add up for the amount of work.

mjtrackman

What market you in? That is one healthy starting salary even with the swing differential. And if people talk about top out pay to you. guess what, it will never happen. With a 4 yr degree I would seek employment elsewhere soon. you will be at 17 and change for awhile with your premiums continually going up along with deductibles and copays. Good luck at express.

Milwaukee

HomeDelivery

good luck at team orange ~ at least you'll be getting paid similar wages w/ less hours

i've known a few that went from orange to green because they couldn't stand all the micro-managing and OLCCs and other mis-management that goes around there.

a couple HD drivers can deliver 20-25 stops per on road hour around my area & are done early & they're making OK wages. while others who are following procedures & are under 17 SPORH and are done by 1700-1900 lately.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

That's $15.10 with zero benefits. The Ground drivers I encounter are usually working close to 60 hours per week, and most are on a flat-rate salary. The local ISP pays $600 per week for stepvan drivers and $750 per week for straight truck drivers. Every one of them is pushing 60 weekly, so the ISP is getting his moneys worth.