Half Empty? NFL

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No, poor performance stops them. Did Kaepernick protest while he was a starter? Seems to me his ego couldn't handle being benched so he turned it into a protest. When he was playing well early on he was amazing. For whatever reason he dropped way down in productivity. But he was given another chance to try out for some teams and he turned it into a farce. Can't imagine why teams won't take a chance on him now. But he ended up with huge endorsement deals that the Trubisky's of the world never get. So why should we feel he's been cheated somehow?
He’s a bum.

vantexan

He’s a bum.
If he never knelt and caused all that controversy you wouldn't be saying that. He'd be another very promising quarterback who flamed out. When he was good he was very good. But there's talent coming into the league every year so if he wasn't able to maintain that standard he's out. No one is owed a living.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
No, poor performance stops them. Did Kaepernick protest while he was a starter? Seems to me his ego couldn't handle being benched so he turned it into a protest. When he was playing well early on he was amazing. For whatever reason he dropped way down in productivity. But he was given another chance to try out for some teams and he turned it into a farce. Can't imagine why teams won't take a chance on him now. But he ended up with huge endorsement deals that the Trubisky's of the world never get. So why should we feel he's been cheated somehow?
He was oppressed.

Geezis

bbsam

Staff member
I seem to remember the NFL being ordered to make some payment to him a few years ago because there was significant evidence that he had been black balled.

vantexan

I seem to remember the NFL being ordered to make some payment to him a few years ago because there was significant evidence that he had been black balled.
Things don't exist in a vacuum. The NFL has a business to run and was well aware that many fans were very unhappy about the protests. Not surprising that they tried to keep him out. But part of that was giving him a tryout so that he'd have another chance. He didn't even try. In a way this is like the George Floyd riots from a liberal perspective. It's ok to riot, to protest, to disrupt, to destroy. But heaven help those who try to resist that. That's not acceptable in the liberal's mind.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Things don't exist in a vacuum. The NFL has a business to run and was well aware that many fans were very unhappy about the protests. Not surprising that they tried to keep him out. But part of that was giving him a tryout so that he'd have another chance. He didn't even try. In a way this is like the George Floyd riots from a liberal perspective. It's ok to riot, to protest, to disrupt, to destroy. But heaven help those who try to resist that. That's not acceptable in the liberal's mind.
Liberal guilt.

bbsam

Staff member
“Not surprising that they tried to keep him out. But part of that was giving him a tryout so that he’d have another chance.”

Right. So not really a tryout. A photo op for the NFL. And you wonder why he didn’t even try?

vantexan

“Not surprising that they tried to keep him out. But part of that was giving him a tryout so that he’d have another chance.”

Right. So not really a tryout. A photo op for the NFL. And you wonder why he didn’t even try?
Neither he nor you knew that to be so. Not every team turned up for the tryout. You say you want to play then don't take advantage of the opportunity. At the very least he could have been a solid backup for a team who needed one. But why take a pounding when Nike is giving you tens of millions?