Half Empty? NFL

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lol. Yeah. That’s what happened. I remember a lot of, “I’ll never watch another NFL game!” blah blah blah.

Your story though. Tell it anyway you want.
Yea, no watching until the tough guy players stopped the nonsense, which they did. Folded like a cheap suitcase.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We were watching the game, it was a horrible thing.
When they first went on delay, I thought "Of course theyre gonna finish the game, 20,000 fans there, thousands watching".
Later, I finally agreed that they should cancel the game, and they did.

BUT......................
If the exact same thing had happened at a UPS PCM, the rest of us damn well would have worked that day.
Yeah people are making a huge deal out of how terrible the NFL is because they were planning on playing. I’m like 90% of jobs would go back to work.

MAKAVELI

Yeah people are making a huge deal out of how terrible the NFL is because they were planning on playing. I’m like 90% of jobs would go back to work.
If that was your brother on the field would you be worried about continuing the game and pleasing some fans? This isn't Roman times and they aren't gladiators for your sick pleasure.

vantexan

If that was your brother on the field would you be worried about continuing the game and pleasing some fans? This isn't Roman times and they aren't gladiators for your sick pleasure.
There's no way that game should've gone forward after he collapsed unless he was able to get up and walk off on his own.

rod

Retired 22 years
CTE will be their nail in the coffin but no one wants to spend $500+ to take a family to a game.
My nephew spent a thousand bucks taking him and his 2 kids to a Vikings game a couple weeks ago. At least they won that time. I heard they really stunk up the GB stadium last Sun.

Brownslave688

If it was my brother I would leave and go to the hospital but would expect the game to go on. If it was a coworker yeah I would expect things to go on as normal. Which it's just my personal preference for any death in my family or anything like that also. If there is nothing I can personally do about the situation I want to just continue with my routine as closely as possible.

MAKAVELI

If it was my brother I would leave and go to the hospital but would expect the game to go on. If it was a coworker yeah I would expect things to go on as normal. Which it's just my personal preference for any death in my family or anything like that also. If there is nothing I can personally do about the situation I want to just continue with my routine as closely as possible.
They are all brothers on that team. The kid basically went lifeless. Nobody on that field cared about a win at that point.

MAKAVELI

WE are all Union brothers. If one of us had a medical issue at the PCM, everyone else would still work that day.
That's funny cuz you union brothers won't cross a picket line but if someone drops dead in front of you, you probably forget about them before their body turns cold. 🤔

Brownslave688

They are all brothers on that team. The kid basically went lifeless. Nobody on that field cared about a win at that point.
they aren't brothers they are teammates. I played my fair share of organized sports. Just like anything in life some are closer with each other than others.